Build Template Request [Merged]

We need build templates in the game. Now that we have two extra elite specializations coming to the game they're needed even more. Add build templates.

I even figured out the pricing strategy:Each character gets 1 template if they have either HoT or PoF. Additional templates act like the character bag slot expansion -- you can add up to 4 extra per character. 400 gems each.

Make it happen.

Edit: Don't have your forum re-development team make the build template UI. Thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone who spends a lot of time developing builds for PvP and trying to craft something useful out of them, I would really appreciate the build templates.I used to buy additional character slots to support my habit and the game but at 20 something characters, I think it's time for me to wait for build templates instead of throwing $10 out the window.

And I'm looking for the full blown skills, traits, armor, runes and sigils and the possibility to save and load an infinite amount of builds. I really enjoyed collecting builds in GW1 and that's what I would expect to have in GW2.

My main is a Mesmer and we have many roles to fill be it support with chrono, porting Jps/Guidlies, Dps with core or upcoming mirage. Also the mode specific builds for Pvp, WvW, Raids, Dungeons(zerk), Fractals, farming, or just trying to stealth your way up the mountain in Lake Doric to catch up to the leather farm.

It's rather strange that build templates are not in the game but they keep adding more and more reasons to the game that make them such a necessity. So I'm all for the inclusion of templates even if their only on par to the templates we had in Gw1.

@Lunarlife.5128 said:It would be nice to have stat swapping, gear sets, and build templates of our own creation.

Thumbs down on your edit. Try to be constructive :)

I was being constructive. The UI for the new forum is too cluttered and has stuff that isn't needed. It's functional but unattractive. GW2 is a beautiful game and most of the UIs in the game are gorgeous. Thumbing up my own post to counter-act your thumbs down. BWA HA HA HA!

@Chickenooble.5014 said:We need build templates in the game. Now that we have two extra elite specializations coming to the game they're needed even more. Add build templates.

I even figured out the pricing strategy:Each character gets 1 template if they have either HoT or PoF. Additional templates act like the character bag slot expansion -- you can add up to 4 extra per character. 400 gems each.

Make it happen.

Edit: Don't have your forum re-development team make the build template UI. Thanks.

I agree on the build template need, and the edited part.

On the "limited templates" topic, my "user experience" part strongly disagree with any saving limitation. Unfortunately, my "ANet's customer" part knows that build template slots is the kind of things they can sell for gems, so if that can be of any incentive, I think I'll be able to cope with it.

I do think guild wars needs a feature like this at least to save user made builts of skills and traits and setting a name for the build. I don't really like the idea of anet milking a feature people been wanting since the removal of cost of reset however at the same time if it's the only way they will work on such a project.

@Lonami.2987 said:I think there's alternates to build templates, that could work far better. Being able to have multiple equipment windows where you equip different armors, for example.

Don't want to derail this thread, so find more about this idea here.

I thought it had been previously discussed and generally accepted that the idea of a build template would include gear swapping with specialization and skill set. I didn't think I had to fully qualify what the "build template" entailed since the idea had been discussed into oblivion hundreds of times before but -- for anyone that needs clarification, Lonami.2987's link gives more detail as to what the "build template" idea was.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I am a returning player. I was wondering if ArenaNet made any future release for build Template ? If there isn't any official build Template, does the community have a tool that assists with managing multiple builds ? One that is approved by ArenaNet.

@"dude.2950" said:ArenaNet made any future release for build Template ?No, no official word on this.

If there isn't any official build Template, does the community have a tool that assists with managing multiple builds ?ArcDPS also has a build template tool. You can download it without using the DPS meter itself.

One that is approved by ArenaNet.ANet will never officially "approve" any 3rd party tool. The best they offer is officially stating that they have no objections to the tool as currently available. That is the case for ArcDPS and its associated template tool.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"dude.2950" said:ArenaNet made any future release for build Template ?No, no official word on this.

If there isn't any official build Template, does the community have a tool that assists with managing multiple builds ?ArcDPS also has a build template tool. You can download it without using the DPS meter itself.

One that is approved by ArenaNet.ANet will never officially "approve" any 3rd party tool. The best they offer is officially stating that they have no objections to the tool as currently available. That
is
the case for ArcDPS and its associated template tool.

Thanks dude, I looked at what arcdps and it looks interesting.As a guild wars 1 vet, it's disappointing knowing that you cant swap around builds with saved template.

@dude.2950 said:

@dude.2950 said:ArenaNet made any future release for build Template ?No, no official word on this.

One that is approved by ArenaNet.ANet will never officially "approve" any 3rd party tool. The best they offer is officially stating that they have no objections to the tool as currently available. That
is
the case for ArcDPS and its associated template tool.

Thanks dude, I looked at what arcdps and it looks interesting.As a guild wars 1 vet, it's disappointing knowing that you cant swap around builds with saved template.

Yes, compared to GW1 the sequel is constant flow of disappointment.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Yes, compared to GW1 the sequel is constant flow of disappointment.That sounds uniquely frustrating. Most people play games to enjoy themselves, or as a diversion from RL, or as a distraction from their troubles. A "constant flow of disappointment" subverts all of those. Perhaps you'd enjoy doing something else more? Surely there must be other games out there that are, at worst, only the occasional burst of disappointment.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:Yes, compared to GW1 the sequel is constant flow of disappointment.That sounds uniquely frustrating. Most people play games to enjoy themselves, or as a diversion from RL, or as a distraction from their troubles. A "constant flow of disappointment" subverts all of those. Perhaps you'd enjoy doing something else more? Surely there must be other games out there that are, at worst, only the occasional burst of disappointment.

GW2 is good until you start comparing it to GW1. Build templates for example...

+1 for the Build Templates

With swappable stats and upgrades ANet made build templates a lot harder to handle for themselves, even mentioned 3rd party program seems to have it's issues as I've heard. I personaly don't use it, not because I mind it at all or because i'm overly worried about my stuff but because I want ANet to find an IN-Game solution that doesn't rely on 3rd party programs.I think ANet is aware that the feature is missing at this point and they know also that ppl would be willing to buy additional slots for their templates to pay for it. I guess they're struggling with the engine. For skills and traits the system is already in-game and working, as you can see when you switch between wvw and pve. Your gear stays the same, but equipped skills and traits change, it's just not available to switch between setups in pve.

Archived