Can't Proceed - Stuck in Defense of Shaemoor

@"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:Everytime I complete the instance the game crashes out of Queensdale and when I reload I am back at the start of the intro instance. Can't proceed.

Try this the next time: while you're in a cutscene, spam your [1] skill.

There is a bug with Windows that affects some programs (including GW2) that can cause the machine to fail to send "idle status" information, which leads the GW2 servers to conclude you DC'd, so it helpfully also disconnects you on ANet's end (otherwise you wouldn't be able to reconnect). Of course, from your side, they are the ones that DC'd, so... yuck.

Pressing [1] forces the game + windows to communicate a new status, which prevents this bug from triggering.

It won't help everyone who gets DC'd during a story (it's not necessarily the same bug or even the same circumstances for everyone). But since it's easy to try and sometimes works,I strongly recommend giving it a go.

Either way, be sure to report this to ANet, either via ticket or via /bug. And if you try the work-around, let them know if that succeeds or not; it will help them identify the core issue.

Good luck.

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

@"Elmet.5931" said:A lot of people are getting constantly disconnected since the latest patch came out today - that may be what's affecting you too.

It's only my keyfarm character trying to complete the opening instance. Nothing else is having problems (so far).

When you first posted, it could have been the DCs: they didn't affect every player nor all the time for any given player. ANet since did another "fixed a server crash" patch, which might have taken care of it.

In your shoes, I'd start a new key toon and cross my fingers that the issue got resolved one way or another.(Personally I wouldn't contact Support about spending tomes of knowledge, but if you are running out of those, you might want to consider plan B.)

Archived