Came back. Can't play with friends.

gennyt.3428

The server "full" status makes the only reason I play GW2 a dead end street, and that is, playing WvWvW with friends. Some never stopped some are coming back. Asking people to leave their new and active guild is not a solution and seemingly any server with regular activity is full, even the one I'm on and even that isn't great compared to what's being described by others. There really needs to be some kind of change since this leaves an entire game mode in the boondocks for some people.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@zhonnika.1784 said:Do you ever have anything constructive to add to these threads, Strider? Oh, right, you're gonna tell them to just get new friends. My bad :expressionless:

I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I wish only good things for you in the future.

Of course I would love my server to be open. I would love some of the other players from my guild to come onto my server. But I also understand we have many servers starved for players. Spreading out is something people need to do, or, stop complaining about it.

And be careful what you ask for. People have cried about stacking for so long, yet when Anet locks servers, now people complain they can't play with friends.

I truly hope people can play with their friends. And they can. People just aren't willing to do what is necessary for that to happen.

@ StriderIt's not simply about opening up or balancing servers. This issue is beyond that. In short, the current WvWvW system doesn't support modern gaming. And no one was left behind. For various reasons, we took breaks from GW2, not each other, we play other games together. "Doing what is necessary" is a rather draconian outlook to be foisted on players and is quite indicative that the design needs to be revamped.

@gennyt.3428 said:@ StriderIt's not simply about opening up or balancing servers. This issue is beyond that. In short, the current WvWvW system doesn't support modern gaming. And no one was left behind. For various reasons, we took breaks from GW2, not each other, we play other games together. "Doing what is necessary" is a rather draconian outlook to be foisted on players and is quite indicative that the design needs to be revamped.

Won't argue what the problem was. But the post below you states what needs to be done. People don't want to do that.

That's why I question how bad people want to play with friends.

@Strider Pj.2193 is right though.

They can't just let everyone whose guild is in one of the locked servers transfer to that server or there's no point in servers having the status of full. And it goes against the attempt to get servers to destack. Though it is a very passive way to do so. And only helps for the small groups of friends and not larger guilds.

FA dude here. All I know from playing wvw for last year or so is that Anet doesn't know what the kitten to do with FA. Get linked to a low server, descend to T4. Get relinked to a decent server, ascend all the way to T2, but end up flip flopping between getting owned in T1 and doing well in T2 and then purposefully sandbagging to not go back to T1. Get unlinked, descend back down to T4. Ridiculous.

Comparable problem with me. After old friends couldn't join our full server, my guild switched to a very high one, but then it explodes again in two because not all of us got involved. Finally, pls break the server connection! To support server communities, Anet weakens the guilds!

Isnt there an option for you to move to the server where your friends are?You say you cannot play with friend because you are on a full server.

What is stopping you from going to a low pop or medium pop? Dont go very high as the chances you wont all fit are there and play together over there.

Some server are overstacked and with this Anet is trying to make sure new players will pick a server where they are needed. Some server have 3 blobs running 24/7 and some cannot even get a blob. It would be nice to have that evened out so you have 2 servers with 1.5 blob 24/7 so they match together.

Now this might be annoying for you. But if you badly want to play with your friends there is no reason to move to a low pop or medium pop server.

Anet tried in the past to let people manage the servers on their own and thats how we got overstacked servers with massive queues and way too many people to beat for other servers. They took it in their own hand and im happy they did. We could not balance the servers, now Anet does.

(In the end. Just transfer to your friends if you want to play together so badly)

It's been said before, but moving 50+ people because 1-2 cannot join IS NOT VIABLE FOR VARIOUS REASONS. It's not a matter of "Your friends don't love you enough.", let's be real here. Also, the problem with only having guest servers to move to is that you risk the bandwagon effect of being tied to a top-tier server and having your population explode and potentially end up nearly full. The only server open right now that IS NOT A GUEST is CD. So, if every guild missing a small handful of players moved to CD, it'd reach full in no-time, thereby not helping anything at all. We're only asking for some common sense. I know that not all of you are this thick-headed that you cannot see the issues. Nobody (outside of that one server I'm not mentioning) wants to stack to the high heavens.... we just want our guildies.

Perhaps the answer would be a "WvW Guild Pass/Taxi system". the concept is that if your guild has enough population on a WvW server, then their members gain preference. If you play on a link server as part of that guild for X number of matches, than you are in turn given a preference in moving to the first available open seat for that server. This would prioritize an active player in that servers population over a random player.

I for one an frustrated and am currently hopping on the link servers to play with my WvW guild... a result of my inactivity during HoT, which I disliked.

So let's put in another feature for transferring, Guild transfer. It looks to see if your entire guild's roster can move to a server without making the destination server full.

Let's also look at the exploitation that can happen with what you want.Say I have a 50 player guild and 48/50 transfer and there's some system that allows the ones that couldn't transfer a free pass to join their friends.What is there to prevent a 500 player guild from creating a 50 player transfer guild and manipulating the 50 player roster so that they always have 2 left on the old server. Eventually they will be able to have all 500 transfer.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:So let's put in another feature for transferring, Guild transfer. It looks to see if your entire guild's roster can move to a server without making the destination server full.

Let's also look at the exploitation that can happen with what you want.Say I have a 50 player guild and 48/50 transfer and there's some system that allows the ones that couldn't transfer a free pass to join their friends.What is there to prevent a 500 player guild from creating a 50 player transfer guild and manipulating the 50 player roster so that they always have 2 left on the old server. Eventually they will be able to have all 500 transfer.

So you are suggesting people would actually manipulate the system to stack?

/sarcasm off

No matter what system they impose, this community will abuse it. the best case is to impose a system that involves time investment from a group of players working together, in order to properly exploit it. at least then your server will get a useful group instead of 500 random PUGS that refuse to get on comms and only stack in EBG

Archived