No Balance Patch

@"Xtrverz.4069" said:I expect the balance patch to be on the 12th there’s no way they would do it the week of monthly tournament.

Which is sad in itself, why on earth would they stress out TOL with this terrible balance and without swiss.. Like you think the community would mind one extra month of waiting for TOL if a balance patch was released the 12th or if Swiss is nearly out? Nothing but a joke.

Hell even one week before TOL a patch who cares? Would just be interesting to see what teams can adapt fast enough if it's a huge shakeup, we are not "Esports" anymore anyway so who cares lmao

@bluri.2653 said:

@Xtrverz.4069 said:I expect the balance patch to be on the 12th there’s no way they would do it the week of monthly tournament.

Which is sad in itself, why on earth would they stress out TOL with this terrible balance and without swiss.. Like you think the community would mind one extra month of waiting for TOL if a balance patch was released the 12th or if Swiss is nearly out? Nothing but a joke

Fully agree ... it is so disappointing ...

@otto.5684 said:

@Marxx.5021 said:Who needs balance when you can have a flying boar. :3

I know ?

Though Anet made a big deal about today’s patch. I was like why did tell us it there is an incremental weather and the patch will be late. I thought it is a balance patch or maybe content. It did not have... anything.

telling ppl that a patch will be late because of the weather isn't a big deal, it's actually pretty mundane. ppl over-hyped it because that's what ppl do these days.

@"Boggs.6482" said:Didn't they balance patch before esl or major tournies back in the day all the time or am I mistaken?

No they didn't even though they definitely should have and thats why around here we don't talk about ESL. That was a dark time for GW2 PVP... and by extension the game as a whole. Anet put everything into esports during that season, despite the community at large being against it. It was a massive failure that damaged the public perception of game and POed the concurrent playerbase because the meta of pvp at the time was the most boring bunker play style the game has ever had and Anet was still trying to push the game out in front of the esports crowd. The perfect moment that shows just how bad it was is when the team Zero Counterplay quit a $10,000 match less than 2 min in after losing 1 capture point because in the bunker meta that meant defeat.

If you don't believe this tale, here's the video footage of the proleague surrender, pay close attention to the score and time left on the clock:

Ehm again no balance patch ? ... disappointed

I really cant understand the 0 investment into this game mode. You will maybe say " anet dont get money out off it" I would say PvP would be a long time investment. Pve as it is, is so ez mode and casual, if there would be (in future there will be) just one option to gw2 the majory of pve would leave. PvP instead is much harder in a mmo to bring it to a high level content and if it is fun and competitive u could/would stay with it a long long time. We know it is possible we know about gw1.

Still luv this game even if it drives me crazy sometimes ;)

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:Ehm again no balance patch ? ... disappointed

I really cant understand the 0 investment into this game mode. You will maybe say " anet dont get money out off it" I would say PvP would be a long time investment. Pve as it is, is so ez mode and casual, if there would be (in future there will be) just one option to gw2 the majory of pve would leave. PvP instead is much harder in a mmo to bring it to a high level content and if it is fun and competitive u could/would stay with it a long long time. We know it is possible we know about gw1.

They won't send a patch each week. We jad a patch last week, even though it was not PvP related. The next patch is next week, like their usual s heduled time seems to be (each 2 weeks). Even though we can only hope they will have a balance patch during that time.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

They won't send a patch each week. We jad a patch last week, even though it was not PvP related. The next patch is next week, like their usual s heduled time seems to be (each 2 weeks). Even though we can only hope they will have a balance patch during that time.

Every week?! Lol it would be "fine" if they were at least once per month

@Safandula.8723 said:

I think I was unclear. I meant that they hosted a patch each 2 weeks. Hope it makes more sense.

@DigiQWill.6378 said:

I think I was unclear. I meant that they hosted a patch each 2 weeks. Hope it makes more sense.

Yea, but patch doesn't equal to balance patch sadly :( that's the problem :/

I wouldn't expect a patch until next week, as they probably wanted to look at data from the ToL before making final decisions.

Honestly, I'm hoping it's a small patch. Outside of Soulbeast and Mirage the game is very close to balanced. Dartboard changes where they buff/nerf 8-15 random skills and traits for every class often cause more problems than they fix. Balance team has proven that time and time again.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:I wouldn't expect a patch until next week, as they probably wanted to look at data from the ToL before making final decisions.

Honestly, I'm hoping it's a small patch. Outside of Soulbeast and Mirage the game is very close to balanced. Dartboard changes where they buff/nerf 8-15 random skills and traits for every class often cause more problems than they fix. Balance team has proven that time and time again.

Its kinda hard to disagree. When everything is powercrept to hell and each spec is broken in its own regard, you technically can say its "close to balanced".Personally I just want to see everything toned down a notch, so Im hoping for a rather big patch...bring the hammer to all those bloated PoF specs.

But then again, the balance team always feels the need to compensate nerfs with some sort of buffs, that end up making certain specs even more broken.I just hope that when they nerf the main offenders this patch, they dont give them other broken tools, that leave the game as unenjoyable as it is now for the next 3 months.

@Jasper Defthand.3018 said:

@"Boggs.6482" said:Didn't they balance patch before esl or major tournies back in the day all the time or am I mistaken?

No they didn't even though they definitely should have and thats why around here we don't talk about ESL. That was a dark time for GW2 PVP... and by extension the game as a whole. Anet put everything into esports during that season, despite the community at large being against it. It was a massive failure that damaged the public perception of game and POed the concurrent playerbase because the meta of pvp at the time was the most boring bunker play style the game has ever had and Anet was still trying to push the game out in front of the esports crowd. The perfect moment that shows just how bad it was is when the team Zero Counterplay quit a $10,000 match less than 2 min in after losing 1 capture point because in the bunker meta that meant defeat.

If you don't believe this tale, here's the video footage of the proleague surrender, pay close attention to the score and time left on the clock:

Just a side note, imagine how difficult it is if they're explaining to audience about the skills in this current high damage meta.KpCvMuf.png

As much as balance plays a part in ESL downfall, I felt like GW2 in general is just not a very spectator friendly game.

Archived