Visual effect overload. Everything is so flashy! Example in comments, please add settings to disable

This is a copy paste from my reddit post: Original here

Dear everyone,Recently I have decided to get back into playing Guild Wars 2 after playing some World of Warcraft. While the gameplay and a lot of quality of life in Guild Wars 2 is so much better than it is in WoW, there is one thing that I have always disliked and is now preventing my partner from playing and enjoying the game with me: the skill effects. I think the images linked here will be a good description in and of themselves but the problem is that even with player count set to lowest, effect LOD on and post processing low, events where more than 5 or so people are involved become an absolute mess of flashy effects.

Link to screenshots

This overload of visual effects is making it very hard to see what is going on, and causes unnecessary eye-strain. As I said earlier, my partner has had to quit after doing Palawadan with me due to actual nausea.PLease take a look at the linked pictures and tell me what you think. Keep in mind:This is on LOWEST visible character limit.This is with LOWEST character qualityThis is with effect Limitation of Detail ONThis is with postprocessing on LOW.

Happy gaming,Wale

EDIT: I have copypasted this to general discussion where I meant to post this, this particular post can be removed

Archived