[Suggestion] Please show the level of teammates not in a squad.

Hitman.5829

Please show us if they are below level 80 by putting their level next to their name. The low levels usually rally the enemy on small scale fights because they are so easy to kill. If they are low level they do not belong in WvW. They are a burden! And certainly I do not want to invest my time in fights involving them!I don't know why their level is kept secret, the only way to know what level they are is if you send them a team invite. That is a very tedious way to check for every single player that is around is worthy of your time.

And lets be real, it is very annoying when you fight 4 vs 2 and you manage to down 1 of them but your teammate who you did not know was a lower level died with a single attack and rally the enemy.

That's just a game design limitation, since all those players are upscaled to 80.

I wonder if someday ANet will improve the scaling to make such players be able to contribute properly to a zerg. Without reaching the other end where it'll be more efficient to zerg with level 20 players decked out in power gears. :P

not only below level 80 players can be a 'burden' in a small scale fight.

one skill you develop over time is to make a quick estimation of the 'value' of each ally/opponent around in an upcoming small scale fight, you need that to make a quality decision wether to commit to the encounter or not.WvW has rather vast PvP maps with many location to controll and huge teamsizes to spread over these. the quality of a single individual doesnt really matter as long as the teamsize and average quality is about the same. to win the match you will seek encounters that you likely will win and win them quick, wich means you will mostly outnumber your opponent in the offense while keeping them busy with a few in the defense. afterall PPT is the greatest contribution to the warscore wich results in victory points. its mostly about controlling locations, not about killing players.a very common problem tho nowadays is that a large portion of the WvW community seeks 'fair & challanging' fights (or so they claim) wich is technically contraticting the match goal. it leads to a lot more losses in encounters and people getting frustrated that their opponents dont even try to provide 'fair' fights, wich results in hate against opponents and playstyles. it also leads to overcommiting, taking encounts you know you are likely to lose and again blame the opponents or like this thread blame the allies, instead of blaming yourself for getting into such a bad encounter.i dont think that the alliances will make the matches fair enough for players to change their priorities from 'fair' fights to 'fair' match, so the complains will continue.there is no reason for giving you tools at hand to blame your losses on someone else that you didnt take the time to play together with in a group. your a team, communicate and try to improve each other, you ignoring them wont make you a better team.

I brought up all my now level 80 toons up in wvw -- one of each class. I do that because you learn by dying and fighting. I have never expected any one to carry me. If I die, I die. No one is to blame but me. I never expect a rez and I don't expect anyone to wait for me.

That said, there is no guarantee that a team of all level 80s will equal success. It is a matter of not only builds and skills and, especially with a smaller teams, the right balance if you are seeking out fights. Don't expect a player to fit your needs unless you've crafted your team. I can't imagine even the best player wanting to join a team where they have to prove themselves worthy, butmaybe you'll be lucky.

@Hitman.5829 said:Please show us if they are below level 80 by putting their level next to their name. The low levels usually rally the enemy on small scale fights because they are so easy to kill. If they are low level they do not belong in WvW. They are a burden! And certainly I do not want to invest my time in fights involving them!I don't know why their level is kept secret, the only way to know what level they are is if you send them a team invite. That is a very tedious way to check for every single player that is around is worthy of your time.

And lets be real, it is very annoying when you fight 4 vs 2 and you manage to down 1 of them but your teammate who you did not know was a lower level died with a single attack and rally the enemy.

There's a mechanic in this game called 'targetting' to Concentrate the damage

Since you display an icon of a Warriors, you'd either be a stupid target for the roamers or looking at your skillbar (ever since full counter, double ep, dodging and the shield skill can be rotated to negate damage 80% of the time)

Check their damn WvW rank. It's not perfect, but It comes pretty close to showing how long they've played and maybe how could they could be. My rank shows up as 3k because i'm in the 3000 rank range. Been playing long enough. Probably best thing would be too allow your rank to show below your name in wvw….if it was allowed. Sort of how we can like show Titles in core GW2...why not be able to show rank in wvw for all to see if they click on your character.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:Check their kitten WvW rank. It's not perfect, but It comes pretty close to showing how long they've played and maybe how could they could be. My rank shows up as 3k because i'm in the 3000 rank range. Been playing long enough. Probably best thing would be too allow your rank to show below your name in wvw….if it was allowed. Sort of how we can like show Titles in core GW2...why not be able to show rank in wvw for all to see if they click on your character.Except that rank is pretty irrelevant even when you see it. Not long ago I commented on a condi thief video where he was fighting a platinum colonel mirage (3500+ rank) and it was downright embarrasing to watch as someone that mostly run on mirage.

I did say it was imperfect, because your rank is more Account based. Doesn't mean he plays that particular profession very well. He could be level 80 and still suck. Still I always recommend to players that they do enter WvW after they hit level 80, and have the proper armor, runes, and weapons to be able to at least give your team a fighting chance. Namely exotic or better.

@KeyOrion.9506 said:I did say it was imperfect, because your rank is more Account based. Doesn't mean he plays that particular profession very well. He could be level 80 and still suck. Still I always recommend to players that they do enter WvW after they hit level 80, and have the proper armor, runes, and weapons to be able to at least give your team a fighting chance. Namely exotic or better.

After rank 150 they probably Will drown in tomes of knowledge

Archived