A flying boar glider and no PvP balancing? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

A flying boar glider and no PvP balancing?

seriously........?

Unbelievable... probably could have rebalanced PvP in half the time it took to make that stupid cosmetic glider which contributes absolutely nothing to the game.

Comments

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    no, not at all

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • What a surprise.

  • everyman.4375everyman.4375 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    I don't think they would do a worst job at it tho.
    It doesn't take a spectial team to check the forums and change balance based on qq, which is what ANet does.

    I wouldn't balance according to what the forum says, it would most likely lead to even more balance issues.

  • @everyman.4375 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    I don't think they would do a worst job at it tho.
    It doesn't take a spectial team to check the forums and change balance based on qq, which is what ANet does.

    I wouldn't balance according to what the forum says, it would most likely lead to even more balance issues.

    Indeed. Still is what ANet does.

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Moirg.7560 said:
    seriously........?

    Unbelievable... probably could have rebalanced PvP in half the time it took to make that stupid cosmetic glider which contributes absolutely nothing to the game.

    Balance updates are almost always mid-season so that puts us at a balance patch next week. Or potentially the week after.

  • When my wife saw the glider she imediately opened wallet, so "that stupid cosmetic glider which contributes absolutely nothing" statemenit is wrong.

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    I have to agree with Everyman,

    (I would prefer the design team, the balance team focus on their responsive duties instead---do the right thing )

  • Solori.6025Solori.6025 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @everyman.4375 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    I don't think they would do a worst job at it tho.
    It doesn't take a spectial team to check the forums and change balance based on qq, which is what ANet does.

    I wouldn't balance according to what the forum says, it would most likely lead to even more balance issues.

    Or not fix the actual issues that are plaguing PvP.....
    Oh wait......

    Tingle my stingleberry

  • how dare they

    pew~

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    Yeah, having visual artists in charge of game balance sounds like a great idea!
    "Oh Prime Light Beam looks soooo coooll! Let's buff that! #fashionwars2"

    Carry on.

  • Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    @Gringo.2163 said:
    When my wife saw the glider she imediately opened wallet, so "that stupid cosmetic glider which contributes absolutely nothing" statemenit is wrong.

    You wife buying that glidder doesnt improved QOL of the game at all in any aspect of the game and it most certainly doesnt add anytging new since there are like 50 glidders already. That glidder or any other glidder has no impact on my pvp game play at all. And for pve i woulsnt buy a glidder for that as well cosmetic improvements dont deserve my money when they dont improve the actual gaame

  • gebrechen.5643gebrechen.5643 Member ✭✭✭

    PvP doesn't add anything to the quality of the game, mostly toxicity

    Disciples of the monkey god [Apes]

  • Megametzler.5729Megametzler.5729 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:

    @Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    I don't think they would do a worst job at it tho.
    It doesn't take a spectial team to check the forums and change balance based on qq, which is what ANet does.

    I wouldn't balance according to what the forum says, it would most likely lead to even more balance issues.

    Indeed. Still is what ANet does.

    Except for ele. Because noone reads the ele forum. :tongue:

    The glider is ugly af, but each to their own.

  • alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    the game will balance itself if ALL (AS IN ALL, NO BUILDS LEFT BEHIND) build combinations has been put in metabattle.

    Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

  • The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

  • Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭

    @Biff.5312 said:
    He's just saying that resources are being allocated to trivial things when there are more pressing issues pending.

    This just goes back to how non game developers aren't game developers.

    A lot of resource is specialised into role. Saying stop doing X and do You faster doesn't really work because if it.

  • everyman.4375everyman.4375 Member ✭✭✭

    @Biff.5312 said:
    There's a lot of focus on the wrong thing here. The OP isn't suggesting that it's an either-or situation in the sense that literally the same people could have/should have made a balance patch. He's just saying that resources are being allocated to trivial things when there are more pressing issues pending. The glider is just an example. I'm sure he didn't mean that it specifically is the reason for the problem.

    To be honest i wouldn't call PvP balance a pressing issue for the game.

  • spartan.9421spartan.9421 Member ✭✭✭

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

    @Gringo.2163 said:
    When my wife saw the glider she imediately opened wallet, so "that stupid cosmetic glider which contributes absolutely nothing" statemenit is wrong.

    You wife buying that glidder doesnt improved QOL of the game at all in any aspect of the game and it most certainly doesnt add anytging new since there are like 50 glidders already. That glidder or any other glidder has no impact on my pvp game play at all. And for pve i woulsnt buy a glidder for that as well cosmetic improvements dont deserve my money when they dont improve the actual gaame

    You sir, are absolutely right! People paying real money doesn't do anything! Well... other than give ANET workers a paycheck so that they are able to do their job and add the quality of life patches, give us more cosmetics, balance patches, and more content. But yeah, not a single thing!

    Why are you even reading this?

  • Gulbasaur.1865Gulbasaur.1865 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Sure the same team working on the glider can work on PvP balance.

    • Mirage can now fly

    … Did I ever tell you you're my hero?
    You're everything, everything I wish I could be.
    Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle,
    For you are the wind beneath my wings...

  • Cicada.6298Cicada.6298 Member ✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    @Eddbopkins.2630 said:

    @Gringo.2163 said:
    When my wife saw the glider she imediately opened wallet, so "that stupid cosmetic glider which contributes absolutely nothing" statemenit is wrong.

    You wife buying that glidder doesnt improved QOL of the game at all in any aspect of the game and it most certainly doesnt add anytging new since there are like 50 glidders already. That glidder or any other glidder has no impact on my pvp game play at all. And for pve i woulsnt buy a glidder for that as well cosmetic improvements dont deserve my money when they dont improve the actual gaame

    I agree with you, but PvP doesn't pay the bills. The game mode is already in a failed state with a dwindling player base, so unfortunately, we're at the bottom of the list of things to fix.

    And adding anything pvp-related to the gem store is moving toward the P2W model, and we all know that never ends well.

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    The problem is, how many resources is anet putting into balancing and how many into flying pigs

  • phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Safandula.8723 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    The problem is, how many resources is anet putting into balancing and how many into flying pigs

    Two vastly different teams. Balance teams are the game designers determining which areas need adjustments and flying pigs or novelty items require much less resources to plan out.

    Quite a few of you haven't heard of the phrase, "Too many cooks in the kitchen.". Or at least know what it means.

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭

    @phokus.8934 said:

    @Safandula.8723 said:

    @everyman.4375 said:
    You want the team working on gliders to work on the balance ? That's not realy their job, you know.

    The problem is, how many resources is anet putting into balancing and how many into flying pigs

    Two vastly different teams. Balance teams are the game designers determining which areas need adjustments and flying pigs or novelty items require much less resources to plan out.

    Quite a few of you haven't heard of the phrase, "Too many cooks in the kitchen.". Or at least know what it means.

    Can't belive, the current balancing team is doing at its best, it can be improved much

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Sure the same team working on the glider can work on PvP balance.

    • Mirage can now fly

    No other changes.

    then we can all get told its a class mechanic and to learn to play 😂😂

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    PvP forum members must be making a new football oval judging by the way they move the goalposts of every post.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

  • Snellibee.2761Snellibee.2761 Member ✭✭✭

    @rowdy.5107 said:
    The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

    Game is far from balanced are you on drugs

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Current patching policy of ANet:

    • in general a patch every two weeks on tuesday
    • a balance patch every 3 months

    We had a general patch this week and the last balance patch was in december the 11th 2018.

    This means:

    • no patch at all next week
    • the next balance patch will ship in march 2019 (maybe february the 19th, with a bit of luck, but I would not expect it)
  • Kumouta.4985Kumouta.4985 Member ✭✭✭

    the supposedly existing team that works on balance IS NOT the same team that makes cosmetic items, believe it or not

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

    @Kumouta.4985 said:
    the supposedly existing team that works on balance IS NOT the same team that makes cosmetic items, believe it or not

    "PVE balance team" does the "balance" across all game modes i think.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @rowdy.5107 said:
    The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

    as a necro player I'm told to: but other classes have to be viable in wvw zergs as well.

    But im Not allowed to play solo necro when I take your statement?

    Because necro sux without a pocket support.

    Where was that statement when scourge was totally busted strong, with no icd on dhuumfire, more corrupts, more survivability?

    There it was totally fine that necro got nerfed, no telling: learn to play and adapt?

    Like for real?

  • @Nimon.7840 said:

    @rowdy.5107 said:
    The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

    as a necro player I'm told to: but other classes have to be viable in wvw zergs as well.

    But im Not allowed to play solo necro when I take your statement?

    Because necro sux without a pocket support.

    Where was that statement when scourge was totally busted strong, with no icd on dhuumfire, more corrupts, more survivability?

    There it was totally fine that necro got nerfed, no telling: learn to play and adapt?

    Like for real?

    You must not have tried roaming as necro, I guess. It is doable. Maybe try it before you knock it.

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aplethoraof.2643 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @rowdy.5107 said:
    The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

    as a necro player I'm told to: but other classes have to be viable in wvw zergs as well.

    But im Not allowed to play solo necro when I take your statement?

    Because necro sux without a pocket support.

    Where was that statement when scourge was totally busted strong, with no icd on dhuumfire, more corrupts, more survivability?

    There it was totally fine that necro got nerfed, no telling: learn to play and adapt?

    Like for real?

    You must not have tried roaming as necro, I guess. It is doable. Maybe try it before you knock it.

    Doable because there's like 95% bad people roaming.
    But against almost all classes the matchup is in favour of the other class.
    Not to mention that it's impossible to fight against those ganking squads, but you have to fight, because you won't be able to outrun any other class.

  • derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Kumouta.4985 said:
    the supposedly existing team that works on balance IS NOT the same team that makes cosmetic items, believe it or not

    "PVE balance team" does the "balance" across all game modes i think.

    pretty sure that anet has a "universal" balance team and not a balance team for each game mode

    I Have No friends, so I Must pug

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Aplethoraof.2643 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @rowdy.5107 said:
    The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

    as a necro player I'm told to: but other classes have to be viable in wvw zergs as well.

    But im Not allowed to play solo necro when I take your statement?

    Because necro sux without a pocket support.

    Where was that statement when scourge was totally busted strong, with no icd on dhuumfire, more corrupts, more survivability?

    There it was totally fine that necro got nerfed, no telling: learn to play and adapt?

    Like for real?

    You must not have tried roaming as necro, I guess. It is doable. Maybe try it before you knock it.

    Doable because there's like 95% bad people roaming.
    But against almost all classes the matchup is in favour of the other class.
    Not to mention that it's impossible to fight against those ganking squads, but you have to fight, because you won't be able to outrun any other class.

    This is where spectral walk or flesh wurm will help...

    You can't outrun, but you can outsmart and kite and then nuke.
    (Celestial Reaper roaming, personally haven't tried scourge roaming)

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    PvP forum members must be making a new football oval judging by the way they move the goalposts of every post.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

  • @Nimon.7840 said:

    @Aplethoraof.2643 said:

    @Nimon.7840 said:

    @rowdy.5107 said:
    The reason why anet ignores all the crybabies is because it already is pretty balanced. Just because YOU cant beat a mirage with your current setup and class doesn't mean other classes and setups cant either. learn to ADAPT and if your class is just a bad matchup. Then avoid them on the field. its just that simple.

    as a necro player I'm told to: but other classes have to be viable in wvw zergs as well.

    But im Not allowed to play solo necro when I take your statement?

    Because necro sux without a pocket support.

    Where was that statement when scourge was totally busted strong, with no icd on dhuumfire, more corrupts, more survivability?

    There it was totally fine that necro got nerfed, no telling: learn to play and adapt?

    Like for real?

    You must not have tried roaming as necro, I guess. It is doable. Maybe try it before you knock it.

    Doable because there's like 95% bad people roaming.
    But against almost all classes the matchup is in favour of the other class.
    Not to mention that it's impossible to fight against those ganking squads, but you have to fight, because you won't be able to outrun any other class.

    Doable then. Bad and good are relative from player to player.

    On paper, yes. On paper, many things are true and false. In practice, you can push against those "impossible odds". Paper =/= Practice in this game.

    Yes. A single player will have a disadvantage against a squad. That is obvious. I thought we were talking about solo roaming though, if we are talking about squads then bring your own.

  • Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

    @derd.6413 said:

    @Aeolus.3615 said:

    @Kumouta.4985 said:
    the supposedly existing team that works on balance IS NOT the same team that makes cosmetic items, believe it or not

    "PVE balance team" does the "balance" across all game modes i think.

    pretty sure that anet has a "universal" balance team and not a balance team for each game mode

    That's what i ment but still their focus is mainly pve.

  • this is the thing that most people do not understand.. all classes have strong matchups and weak matchups aginst other classes. necros are usually the ones I see crying the most about mesmers. you are a bad matchup. your class in general will not win aginst a Mesmer.. but what happens if a Mesmer runs into a thief or a guard? hes going to die right? you need to learn what classes are a good and a bad matchup aginst other classes. your necro shouldn't be trying to fight a 1v1 fight anyway. its not that type of class. so by you saying there is no balance is just silly. if you want to roam. use a class that is meant for roaming. don't use some class that is horrible at something and expect exceptional results.

  • its coming soon

    pew~

  • Ppl claiming that roaming with Reaper is doable are playing against servers without rangers thiefs and mesmers. Lucky you!

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Safandula.8723 said:
    Ppl claiming that roaming with Reaper is doable are playing against servers without rangers thiefs and mesmers. Lucky you!

    Or maybe they have skills like Spectral pull and use LoS?

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    PvP forum members must be making a new football oval judging by the way they move the goalposts of every post.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

  • Or maybe rangers have stances that kitten with stab, pewpew from 2k range, deadeyes just dodge roll and shadowstep to take half of ur hp in single shot, while mirage purely kitten on u from start to the end. He don't even need to jump on u to show u disrespect. Solo roaming reapers are eaten fro breakfast, on any open field.

  • sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019

    @Safandula.8723 Oh I get it, you get eaten for breakfast and assume everyone else must too.
    If I can't do it then no body can mentality.

    You should check out some reaper roaming videos from people who actually play and enjoy the class, because they don't get eaten, they eat.

    No point going over all the times I've killed Mesmers thieves and rangers on my Reaper either because the only reaper vids I have are PvP which would serve no use as you're talking about WvW, in a PvP subforum.

    Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    PvP forum members must be making a new football oval judging by the way they move the goalposts of every post.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion

  • Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭

    $$$$$$$$$$ ;)

    twitch.tv/chillichur

  • Chorazin.4107Chorazin.4107 Member ✭✭✭

    I eagerly await the mirage buffs in the upcoming balance patch, soulbeast and holo could use some buffs to their sustain and dmg as well I feel.

    Get on that Anet. Make PoF great again.

    [lion] - [tRex] - [nâh]

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.