To be short:
What can the game do?
- don't call ranked, ranked...
Why is that important?
- cause the players get confused. Most think, ranked is a competitive mode, cause they get rated. But the game maximal rate the solo performance in a teamgame with no professional structures like: same played gamenumbers, same realistic chances, as less randomnes as possible (whats imposible if you get rated with 3-4 other players you don't know in a teamplay mode).
So ranked is more like a playfield everyone can join everytime, then what the name say it should be.
On this points i would:
- just rank tournaments and the top teams are automatically rated for the grand tournament. Like on other professional sports. Means: off-season you sign for your team (+backups) and onseason we have once per week a tournament at the same time. So the teams can prepare themselves and you have options with patching off-season/ one day after a tournament.
- if wanted/needed create a 1v1/2v2 tournament with the same conditions
- our actual ranked, don't rate anything and get called unranked (we still need a solo/duo mode, cause that's the main part of our community)
- the actual unranked, change it to trainingsarea: you can enter as full team vs full team, or go to a instance (allone or with team) to learn different things
Even if you don't rate tournaments, it's enough to stop rating something that doesn't make sence and confuses a part of your playerbase. I promise, it will take a lot of frustration out
Ok know what can we players do?
1) be a good idol
2) take time
- cause you are a idol, esp for players that solo on ranked, cause thats the only interaction they have. Most don't know that they learned from you
- all people have different mental skills, cause we have not the same base, even at the same culture... So try your best to get/ teach a high baseskill at mentality skills, you think we need.
- If you ignore them it still will affect your game experience... Later or earlier you will also flame/be toxic. Get the distance is a skill that helps, more then ignoring
- you can realize, why you enjoy/ like the game
- giving advices helps people that allerady learned to use them, but others need more support, so take time on explaining/advising
To balance a game we need to balance us first
Oh to make it more spectacular, what do you think gona happen first?
- you do something for the game to fight bad habits
- arenanet fix the problem
- non.. but thanks for trying