Line of sight abuse — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Line of sight abuse

Can you fix this nonsense please. Mage/ Ranger hump the wall and drop Meteor shower/barrage half way up the ramp to lord in Durios. I've seen barrage kill the quartermaster in mendon's with all walls/gates full. But today was my new favorite. Shove an arrow cart bottom Durios wall and shoot arrows thru the wall inside. So much siege gets hit inside that is far af back. Anything about a half circle of your skill on the wall is fine but man is it just so frustrating to deal with such stupidity. Then I can't target the ground with 1200 rng placement skills unless I creep out to the edge on my effin tippy toes exposing myself to binds/pulls and instant death. Maybe I could if I humped the inner wall and used w/e exploit zoom who fn knows what. I get my pips every week but man there are so many simple fixes it needs.

<1

Comments

  • Optimator.3589Optimator.3589 Member ✭✭✭

    Nah, if you took away Barrage's lack of LoS requirement, rangers would find themselves truly ostracized from squads(lord knows hardly any of em run stance share). Think of the poor rangers! ;)

    REDUCE NA TO 3 TIERS

  • Working properly as designed.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    MS works like every other aoe when it comes to LoS.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Last night saw an enemy ranger barrage hit an area between the se walls of smc and the supply hut, the walls still were up and the red ring was present with the arrows hitting the ground, there's no way they should be able to target the ground on the other side of the wall.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    RIP Maguuma cloud || Time to join the dark side.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    Working properly as designed.

    I too believe barrage should be working this way.
    Unique mechanics bring interesting experiences to a game. Is a shame they nerfed fire scepter dragon tooth skill so long ago.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    Working properly as designed.

    I too believe barrage should be working this way.
    Unique mechanics bring interesting experiences to a game. Is a shame they nerfed fire scepter dragon tooth skill so long ago.

    Then they let scourges Oppressive Collapse do the exact same thing, sure longer cool down but my ele really felt a pang in it's stoney heart.

  • Malafaia.8903Malafaia.8903 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yeah, barrage can hit even behind walls, but i don't understand the rage about meteor shower.
    I play a lot of weaver and if i want to hit enemies on the ground, from walls i.e., i have to stand in the edge of the wall so i can target the ground, and a lot of times i can't lightining flash away, while casting, because the ground target is REALLY MESSED UP if you are in walls.

  • Nocturnal Lunacy.8563Nocturnal Lunacy.8563 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Can you fix this nonsense please. Mage/ Ranger hump the wall and drop Meteor shower/barrage half way up the ramp to lord in Durios. I've seen barrage kill the quartermaster in mendon's with all walls/gates full. But today was my new favorite. Shove an arrow cart bottom Durios wall and shoot arrows thru the wall inside. So much siege gets hit inside that is far af back. Anything about a half circle of your skill on the wall is fine but man is it just so frustrating to deal with such stupidity. Then I can't target the ground with 1200 rng placement skills unless I creep out to the edge on my effin tippy toes exposing myself to binds/pulls and instant death. Maybe I could if I humped the inner wall and used w/e exploit zoom who fn knows what. I get my pips every week but man there are so many simple fixes it needs.

    So what youre saying is, you cant kill them for a bag so it needs to be nerfed huh. I mean if you were being shot at irl youd hide behind something, correct? Why is survival something that needs to be nerfed?
    But actually what youre talking about is the abuse of "Snap Ground Target to Current Target" which hits whoever is targeted no matter where they are even out of sight.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You don't always need snap ground to hit a target out of los, depending on the wep skill/skill being used. You just need the enemy highlighted, works even without snap to ground.

  • RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

    In ye ole days all acs used to be able to shoot at everything inside of turrets. Lel

  • @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Last night saw an enemy ranger barrage hit an area between the se walls of smc and the supply hut, the walls still were up and the red ring was present with the arrows hitting the ground, there's no way they should be able to target the ground on the other side of the wall.

    This is the way barrage is designed. If I can see it then I can hit it. If you adjust your camera appropriately then you can get close to the wall and as long as you can put your cursor on a spot you can hit it with barrage.

    It's not like barrage is the super killer of the universe though.. it does its damage without taking anything down initially, except maybe the supply shack quarter master who is weak as anything.. then has a long cooldown... We're not immune to ac fire etc and if you're good you can keep me away from you... the problem so often though is that many, if not most, people in wvw these days don't have mastery on siege so you can't hurt me enough before I get your siege down.

    .. anyway I got carried away... bottom line is barrage is working as designed and I agree with the folks that feel it should remain as it is. Rangers can be killed.. I know because I kill them all the time to save my siege. Just another set of skills that can be overcome.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • gw178.jpg gw179.jpg

    first picture 178.jpg, the ranger standing at a place i dont even know where, and I can't even kill them cos they were no where to be see, dot not even showing up on the map, and they managed to kill the catapult, before the catapult, they already kill all my balistas and arrow cart repeatedly. So, I thought fine, I moved the siege to the top of the supply hut (second picture 179.jpg) and what do you know they took it out too.

    HOW THE HELL CAN YOU ALLOW THIS, there were no line of sight, i tested with my own ranger. So, if you think i was just standing in the tower to defend , its far from what the picture showing you, the ranger also can't be kill because they goes invisible forever and then just suddenly pop out of no where and pew pew pew, when their health low, they just go invisible again, after awhile they appear again to pew pew your sieges. we have around 4-5 people just chasing this one ranger around for hours from full tower supply to zero cos they keep killing all the sieges, If the sieges were wrongly placed than its my fault for doing so, but allowing them to shot across the wall into the tower .... how do you even target anything when there are no line of sight? Yes I tested with my own Ranger. Please Fix. Its not Fair.

  • @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    gw178.jpg gw179.jpg

    first picture 178.jpg, the ranger standing at a place i dont even know where, and I can't even kill them cos they were no where to be see, dot not even showing up on the map, and they managed to kill the catapult, before the catapult, they already kill all my balistas and arrow cart repeatedly. So, I thought fine, I moved the siege to the top of the supply hut (second picture 179.jpg) and what do you know they took it out too.

    HOW THE HELL CAN YOU ALLOW THIS, there were no line of sight, i tested with my own ranger. So, if you think i was just standing in the tower to defend , its far from what the picture showing you, the ranger also can't be kill because they goes invisible forever and then just suddenly pop out of no where and pew pew pew, when their health low, they just go invisible again, after awhile they appear again to pew pew your sieges. we have around 4-5 people just chasing this one ranger around for hours from full tower supply to zero cos they keep killing all the sieges, If the sieges were wrongly placed than its my fault for doing so, but allowing them to shot across the wall into the tower .... how do you even target anything when there are no line of sight? Yes I tested with my own Ranger. Please Fix. Its not Fair.

    So your problem is not Ranger. It could be somebody using hacks, or possibly a glitch in the programming that the Devs are unaware of or are aware of and haven't fixed. And a Ranger CANNOT go invisible forever. Thief yes, Ranger no. Ranger's do not have access to Perma-stealth like Thieves do. Not saying that they can't go invisible for long periods of time, but forever is a no. Also, just because you can't do something doesn't mean that others can't either. You may not know the correct positioning, or how to properly move your camera angle, etc. There may be other factors preventing you from being able to repeat what happened.

  • NuhDah.9812NuhDah.9812 Member ✭✭✭

    Aoe abilities are fine, and using terain to your advantage is a classic combat technique not a nonsense. On the other hand rapid fire and other target based abilities tracking you through LoS in a horizontal plain manner it's pretty stupid, especially rapid fire with the vertical curvature, longer range, high projectile velocity, insane dmg and in stealth tracking feats.

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Y'know there is a reason the treb was built on the supply hut, right?

    Look, you can't have it both ways:
    "Wraaah, Rangers and 'x' can take out my siege when the walls are still up - nerf Rangers and 'x'"
    and
    "Wraaah, we can't take a tower/keep because we can't remove the siege that kills us - nerf siege"

    /shrug

  • While we are on this cheating Ranger getting nerf thread, Ranger pets that gets behind a tower/keep wall to attack the enemy while the wall are still up LOL please fix that too Anet, I will find a screenshot for you, if you need one. Especially the Blue EBG keep. The outer front gate (facing smc/ql) enemy rangers are outside that gate and their pet is already on the keep's lord. Magic Pet???

  • SweetPotato.7456SweetPotato.7456 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    Since this is still on Cheating Ranger, you guys so afraid because rangers are super cheating in WvW, the other days. there was one Ranger who uses longbow to barrage ppl from under water - Green Keep . This was observed by at least 5 players. Please fix this Anet, longbow should not be able to shot at people from under water. I reported the guy under "botting" but very doubtful Anet would do anything.

    Please look into Ranger and their many ways of cheating in WvW, thank you.

  • Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    I'm all for anything that reduces the ranger population....certain servers (cough cough T1) are overloaded with them, and do nothin but hump their tower/keep wall buffs all day.

  • Balthazzarr.1349Balthazzarr.1349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    Since this is still on Cheating Ranger, you guys so afraid because rangers are super cheating in WvW, the other days. there was one Ranger who uses longbow to barrage ppl from under water - Green Keep . This was observed by at least 5 players. Please fix this Anet, longbow should not be able to shot at people from under water. I reported the guy under "botting" but very doubtful Anet would do anything.

    Please look into Ranger and their many ways of cheating in WvW, thank you.

    If you really saw a ranger using barrage under water then you should have taken a video and sent it in to ANet. "Rangers" don't cheat specifically... although there may be some people, of all classes, that use cheats. Ranger's can't use barrage under water so if it happened it would definitely be something odd. However, if the ranger wasn't actually swimming but was standing in the water? Unfortunately you didn't record this and send it in so yes there's really nothing they can, or will, do.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    This guy really has a hate on for rangers haha,of all the complete unbalanced mess and f a mode wvw is this is bothering u this much? wow

  • Jeknar.6184Jeknar.6184 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 7, 2019

    Rangers have a lot of broken stuff but Barrage certainly isn't one of them... As much as I think it's dumb that Barrage don't require line of sight like Meteor Shower does, this is the lesser of the problems with that profession.

    Ferguson's Crossing Mithril Soldier (Rank 4900) - PvP Phoenix (Rank 72) - 30k Achievement Points
    Exalted Kawagima, Calamis Fatima, Hanna Flintlocke, Suzuhara Suzuka, Sabetha Deadeye, Bjarl of Souls, Lilian Mistwalker, Kelvena Riverstream, Zallha Wildhunt

  • shortcake.8659shortcake.8659 Member ✭✭✭

    here's what you do.

    use the little robot toy that checks code to zoom out more
    target siege
    activate snapping aoe to target.
    barrage.

    for extra siege clearing joy:
    run 2x longbow
    marks/skirmishing, take quickdraw and lead the wind
    now you have an 8s CD on barrage.

    break all the siege.

  • Straegen.2938Straegen.2938 Member ✭✭✭

    What I find odd isn't that Barrage can hit things out of the line of sight but that ACs often cannot hit where they are being Barraged from.

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭

    AC's have a minimum range. You can't get it as close.

    Leader of PvE/WvW Havoc Guild - Tyrian Adventure Corporation [TACO] - Kaineng since the start, and till KN is no more.

    Do not fear simplification of the game, there is elegance in simplicity that allows more time for playing and less time building.

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Last night saw an enemy ranger barrage hit an area between the se walls of smc and the supply hut, the walls still were up and the red ring was present with the arrows hitting the ground, there's no way they should be able to target the ground on the other side of the wall.

    This is the way barrage is designed. If I can see it then I can hit it. If you adjust your camera appropriately then you can get close to the wall and as long as you can put your cursor on a spot you can hit it with barrage.

    It's not like barrage is the super killer of the universe though..
    it does its damage without taking anything down initially
    except maybe the supply shack quarter master who is weak as anything..
    then has a long cooldown...
    We're not immune to ac fire etc and if you're good you can keep me away from you...
    the problem so often though is that many, if not most, people in wvw these days don't have mastery on siege so you can't hurt me enough before I get your siege down.

    .. anyway I got carried away... bottom line is barrage is working as designed and I agree with the folks that feel it should remain as it is. Rangers can be killed.. I know because I kill them all the time to save my siege. Just another set of skills that can be overcome.

    None of those statements are reasons to let rangers continue exploiting line of sight, which as stated you're seeing because of your camera angle not by what your character sees. Why don't we just let every other aoe do the same thing? Every class can be killed, rangers don't have the corner on that market, they do have access to 2 sources of immunity to damage though. Meteor has a long cooldown, why can't that hit behind walls? the meteors drop from the sky after all not the elementalist.

    Also did we all forget that arrow carts also acted the same way once upon a time, shooting from behind walls, and they were nerfed with their line of sight years ago?

    Besides rangers already get to exploit 1500 range on their bows.

    Another derailing post. ^^
    EBG North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed!
    RIP Maguuma cloud || Time to join the dark side.

  • @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Last night saw an enemy ranger barrage hit an area between the se walls of smc and the supply hut, the walls still were up and the red ring was present with the arrows hitting the ground, there's no way they should be able to target the ground on the other side of the wall.

    This is the way barrage is designed. If I can see it then I can hit it. If you adjust your camera appropriately then you can get close to the wall and as long as you can put your cursor on a spot you can hit it with barrage.

    It's not like barrage is the super killer of the universe though..
    it does its damage without taking anything down initially
    except maybe the supply shack quarter master who is weak as anything..
    then has a long cooldown...
    We're not immune to ac fire etc and if you're good you can keep me away from you...
    the problem so often though is that many, if not most, people in wvw these days don't have mastery on siege so you can't hurt me enough before I get your siege down.

    .. anyway I got carried away... bottom line is barrage is working as designed and I agree with the folks that feel it should remain as it is. Rangers can be killed.. I know because I kill them all the time to save my siege. Just another set of skills that can be overcome.

    None of those statements are reasons to let rangers continue exploiting line of sight, which as stated you're seeing because of your camera angle not by what your character sees. Why don't we just let every other aoe do the same thing? Every class can be killed, rangers don't have the corner on that market, they do have access to 2 sources of immunity to damage though. Meteor has a long cooldown, why can't that hit behind walls? the meteors drop from the sky after all not the elementalist.

    Also did we all forget that arrow carts also acted the same way once upon a time, shooting from behind walls, and they were nerfed with their line of sight years ago?

    Besides rangers already get to exploit 1500 range on their bows.

    It’s not an exploit. It was designed this way and even documented by anet earlier last year.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jeknar.6184 said:
    Rangers have a lot of broken stuff but Barrage certainly isn't one of them... As much as I think it's dumb that Barrage don't require line of sight like Meteor Shower does, this is the lesser of the problems with that profession.

    I agree

  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I can stand on my siege during a barrage a live. If I do the same with meteor shower I die. How are these skills similar again?

  • Check this out, i didn't have a screenshot before, but now i have, the treb is being shielded and behind wall under the stairs and the Ranger still got to it.

    shield.jpg

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    Check this out, i didn't have a screenshot before, but now i have, the treb is being shielded and behind wall under the stairs and the Ranger still got to it.

    shield.jpg

    The screenshot shows the red circle, but actual damage being done, I cannot see.

    What was more telling to me was the earlier pics showing the T-3 tower and no dots outside. Though I am not sure you actually have watchtower.

    I would hope you reported it under the buffs and exploits email?

    Being able to hit structures inside is well within the rangers capability. But not being visible on watchtower? That would be a big/exploit/cheat.

    Posting it here really doesn’t help....

  • Listen, yall focusing on the barrage. I've seen the barrage thru a wall 50 times and never thought to complain. A mage got meteor shower thru. An arrow cart was hitting behind the wall damaging attempts to repair. It was all 3. I've seen a mage hitting a treb ground level in red keep. He was solo face humping the wall, wasn't using staff. I jumped down and killed him. I've seen an engie and mage on hills in a spot where you jump up into a cliff on a wall. The guards see you but can't hit you and they were hitting a shield generator again thru the walls. Like I get all you rangers want to say this is fine. I can totally shoot my arrows thru a 15 ft stone wall and hit stuff inside. You should not ever under any circumstances be able to do any of that with any skill. Any one that defends it obviously needs it as a crutch to speed up the taking objectives. Maybe some of these are exploits, maybe some of these are tactics everyone uses idk.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Listen, yall focusing on the barrage. I've seen the barrage thru a wall 50 times and never thought to complain. A mage got meteor shower thru. An arrow cart was hitting behind the wall damaging attempts to repair. It was all 3. I've seen a mage hitting a treb ground level in red keep. He was solo face humping the wall, wasn't using staff. I jumped down and killed him. I've seen an engie and mage on hills in a spot where you jump up into a cliff on a wall. The guards see you but can't hit you and they were hitting a shield generator again thru the walls. Like I get all you rangers want to say this is fine. I can totally shoot my arrows thru a 15 ft stone wall and hit stuff inside. You should not ever under any circumstances be able to do any of that with any skill. Any one that defends it obviously needs it as a crutch to speed up the taking objectives. Maybe some of these are exploits, maybe some of these are tactics everyone uses idk.

    I am focusing on the part of your post that I can reproduce. I play weaver and agree, I don’t know how to make what you are describing work.

    I do know how to make Barrage work.

    As a side note, have you sent an email to the exploits email that Anet has?

  • Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Can you fix this nonsense please. Mage/ Ranger hump the wall and drop Meteor shower/barrage half way up the ramp to lord in Durios. I've seen barrage kill the quartermaster in mendon's with all walls/gates full. But today was my new favorite. Shove an arrow cart bottom Durios wall and shoot arrows thru the wall inside. So much siege gets hit inside that is far af back. Anything about a half circle of your skill on the wall is fine but man is it just so frustrating to deal with such stupidity. Then I can't target the ground with 1200 rng placement skills unless I creep out to the edge on my effin tippy toes exposing myself to binds/pulls and instant death. Maybe I could if I humped the inner wall and used w/e exploit zoom who fn knows what. I get my pips every week but man there are so many simple fixes it needs.

    The reason for the Ranger to be able to do this is because, correctly - according to the laws of physics, gravity and the real world, you can shoot at an angle in to the air causing your arrows to go over the walls and land inside the structure you are next to. Amazing how ANeT got this right. A little reality on how that works. And they aren't firing "through" the stone walls, they're shooting OVER(like I pointed out) the stone walls. If there was an actual roof over the tower to prevent objects from falling into it I might agree.

    Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

  • Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

    @XenesisII.1540 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Last night saw an enemy ranger barrage hit an area between the se walls of smc and the supply hut, the walls still were up and the red ring was present with the arrows hitting the ground, there's no way they should be able to target the ground on the other side of the wall.

    This is the way barrage is designed. If I can see it then I can hit it. If you adjust your camera appropriately then you can get close to the wall and as long as you can put your cursor on a spot you can hit it with barrage.

    It's not like barrage is the super killer of the universe though..
    it does its damage without taking anything down initially
    except maybe the supply shack quarter master who is weak as anything..
    then has a long cooldown...
    We're not immune to ac fire etc and if you're good you can keep me away from you...
    the problem so often though is that many, if not most, people in wvw these days don't have mastery on siege so you can't hurt me enough before I get your siege down.

    .. anyway I got carried away... bottom line is barrage is working as designed and I agree with the folks that feel it should remain as it is. Rangers can be killed.. I know because I kill them all the time to save my siege. Just another set of skills that can be overcome.

    None of those statements are reasons to let rangers continue exploiting line of sight, which as stated you're seeing because of your camera angle not by what your character sees. Why don't we just let every other aoe do the same thing? Every class can be killed, rangers don't have the corner on that market, they do have access to 2 sources of immunity to damage though. Meteor has a long cooldown, why can't that hit behind walls? the meteors drop from the sky after all not the elementalist.

    Also did we all forget that arrow carts also acted the same way once upon a time, shooting from behind walls, and they were nerfed with their line of sight years ago?

    Besides rangers already get to exploit 1500 range on their bows.

    All ranged direct fire attacks(for all classes) can go slightly beyond the stated range. You just can't auto-fire beyond the posted range. Barrage, however, can't since it's an AOE. Barrage also has a long cool down. Think of barrage not needing line of sight when you are standing on one side of the fence/wall from your friend and you throw the ball over the fence/wall. Did you just exploit the line of sight, or did you just lob the ball up and gravity did the rest of the work?

    Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    Check this out, i didn't have a screenshot before, but now i have, the treb is being shielded and behind wall under the stairs and the Ranger still got to it.

    shield.jpg

    The screenshot shows the red circle, but actual damage being done, I cannot see.

    What was more telling to me was the earlier pics showing the T-3 tower and no dots outside. Though I am not sure you actually have watchtower.

    I would hope you reported it under the buffs and exploits email?

    Being able to hit structures inside is well within the rangers capability. But not being visible on watchtower? That would be a big/exploit/cheat.

    Posting it here really doesn’t help....

    The treb died after few more attacks by the Ranger, some of the time it was being shielded. Cos I sure am not going to stand there doing it when its useless. (FYI Elementalist's Meteor Shower is also able to hit when things are shielded, look into that as well, thank you.)

    If you think that being able to hit things thru the wall is okay... I can't and won't argue with you. You can think what you like, however, since this thread is here, I will put all the weird stuff that is magically happening here, hoping it will be review and dealt with.

    When I have a problem of treb hitting out of SMC, we actually go to hit it with a balista, not using hacking kitten to remove thing. Or, we take down the wall and go inside to kill the sieges. Non of this troll hacking to take out stuffs. Thank you very much.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SweetPotato.7456 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    Check this out, i didn't have a screenshot before, but now i have, the treb is being shielded and behind wall under the stairs and the Ranger still got to it.

    shield.jpg

    The screenshot shows the red circle, but actual damage being done, I cannot see.

    What was more telling to me was the earlier pics showing the T-3 tower and no dots outside. Though I am not sure you actually have watchtower.

    I would hope you reported it under the buffs and exploits email?

    Being able to hit structures inside is well within the rangers capability. But not being visible on watchtower? That would be a big/exploit/cheat.

    Posting it here really doesn’t help....

    The treb died after few more attacks by the Ranger, some of the time it was being shielded. Cos I sure am not going to stand there doing it when its useless. (FYI Elementalist's Meteor Shower is also able to hit when things are shielded, look into that as well, thank you.)

    If you think that being able to hit things thru the wall is okay... I can't and won't argue with you. You can think what you like, however, since this thread is here, I will put all the weird stuff that is magically happening here, hoping it will be review and dealt with.

    When I have a problem of treb hitting out of SMC, we actually go to hit it with a balista, not using hacking kitten to remove thing. Or, we take down the wall and go inside to kill the sieges. Non of this troll hacking to take out stuffs. Thank you very much.

    Shields only block siege projectiles, not skills from classes.

    Also, it's not a hack if it's in game.

  • @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    Check this out, i didn't have a screenshot before, but now i have, the treb is being shielded and behind wall under the stairs and the Ranger still got to it.

    shield.jpg

    As was noted by someone else here. The barrage is a hail of arrows OVER the wall, not through it. Like anything that's firing up into the air in an arc and over an object, barrage has been designed this way. ANet documented this last year when they actually FIXED how it's supposed to work. Many people are now calling this an exploit.. but truly it's working as designed and documented.

    Just another WvW lifer who'll never say die... while dying again and again!

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

    how else are we going to clear ac spam? any sort of los fix is likely going to affect aoe targeting. maybe im wrong but it seems likely.

    pew~

  • juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    Working properly as designed.

    assumes design is good.

    almost as useless as saying "working exactly as coded".

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Listen, yall focusing on the barrage. I've seen the barrage thru a wall 50 times and never thought to complain. A mage got meteor shower thru. An arrow cart was hitting behind the wall damaging attempts to repair. It was all 3. I've seen a mage hitting a treb ground level in red keep. He was solo face humping the wall, wasn't using staff. I jumped down and killed him. I've seen an engie and mage on hills in a spot where you jump up into a cliff on a wall. The guards see you but can't hit you and they were hitting a shield generator again thru the walls. Like I get all you rangers want to say this is fine. I can totally shoot my arrows thru a 15 ft stone wall and hit stuff inside. You should not ever under any circumstances be able to do any of that with any skill. Any one that defends it obviously needs it as a crutch to speed up the taking objectives. Maybe some of these are exploits, maybe some of these are tactics everyone uses idk.

    I am focusing on the part of your post that I can reproduce. I play weaver and agree, I don’t know how to make what you are describing work.

    I do know how to make Barrage work.

    As a side note, have you sent an email to the exploits email that Anet has?

    I did once. I went thru the effort of seeing the ranger. I blocked him. Friended him. Got his name and sent the email with the time, objective, even stood in his barrage so there was a log they could see. I got back the ty for your report. We will look into this. We can not share our findings type reply. It's a lot of effort to try and catch, video, document when you kinda want to play. And when you think about it I'm sure people on my team do the same thing so I'm sure I've benefited w/o really knowing. The quick in game report just feels like a placebo system that goes nowhere. Most times I click and report and choose scamming cause nothing really apply to the situation and you can't type anything. I do it but I doubt they even look at those. Also what I call exploit others might call tactics.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Listen, yall focusing on the barrage. I've seen the barrage thru a wall 50 times and never thought to complain. A mage got meteor shower thru. An arrow cart was hitting behind the wall damaging attempts to repair. It was all 3. I've seen a mage hitting a treb ground level in red keep. He was solo face humping the wall, wasn't using staff. I jumped down and killed him. I've seen an engie and mage on hills in a spot where you jump up into a cliff on a wall. The guards see you but can't hit you and they were hitting a shield generator again thru the walls. Like I get all you rangers want to say this is fine. I can totally shoot my arrows thru a 15 ft stone wall and hit stuff inside. You should not ever under any circumstances be able to do any of that with any skill. Any one that defends it obviously needs it as a crutch to speed up the taking objectives. Maybe some of these are exploits, maybe some of these are tactics everyone uses idk.

    I am focusing on the part of your post that I can reproduce. I play weaver and agree, I don’t know how to make what you are describing work.

    I do know how to make Barrage work.

    As a side note, have you sent an email to the exploits email that Anet has?

    I did once. I went thru the effort of seeing the ranger. I blocked him. Friended him. Got his name and sent the email with the time, objective, even stood in his barrage so there was a log they could see. I got back the ty for your report. We will look into this. We can not share our findings type reply. It's a lot of effort to try and catch, video, document when you kinda want to play. And when you think about it I'm sure people on my team do the same thing so I'm sure I've benefited w/o really knowing. The quick in game report just feels like a placebo system that goes nowhere. Most times I click and report and choose scamming cause nothing really apply to the situation and you can't type anything. I do it but I doubt they even look at those. Also what I call exploit others might call tactics.

    Ok.., help me here because I am confused.

    Your last post states we are too focused on ‘barrage’ and not enough on Meteor Shower.

    In my post, I note that I can’t reproduce the MS from the ele, but that barrage as you describe is working as intended.

    The exploits comment was geared towards the Meteor Shower.

    But the Barrage issue? It’s been stated in patch notes that it was fixed to target the ground anywhere you can see the ground (within range). It isn’t an exploit in and of itself.

  • @Heibi.4251 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Can you fix this nonsense please. Mage/ Ranger hump the wall and drop Meteor shower/barrage half way up the ramp to lord in Durios. I've seen barrage kill the quartermaster in mendon's with all walls/gates full. But today was my new favorite. Shove an arrow cart bottom Durios wall and shoot arrows thru the wall inside. So much siege gets hit inside that is far af back. Anything about a half circle of your skill on the wall is fine but man is it just so frustrating to deal with such stupidity. Then I can't target the ground with 1200 rng placement skills unless I creep out to the edge on my effin tippy toes exposing myself to binds/pulls and instant death. Maybe I could if I humped the inner wall and used w/e exploit zoom who fn knows what. I get my pips every week but man there are so many simple fixes it needs.

    The reason for the Ranger to be able to do this is because, correctly - according to the laws of physics, gravity and the real world, you can shoot at an angle in to the air causing your arrows to go over the walls and land inside the structure you are next to. Amazing how ANeT got this right. A little reality on how that works. And they aren't firing "through" the stone walls, they're shooting OVER(like I pointed out) the stone walls. If there was an actual roof over the tower to prevent objects from falling into it I might agree.

    Yes there's always that guy. You can say this but amazingly don't understand physics, gravity and the real world and think there are fireballs from staffs and death and respawn in a game but apply real world nonsense to one aspect like arrows. There are range parameters in place but ignoring that physics major. How high would you have to shoot these arrows from one side of a wall to land straight down on the other side. Of course ignoring that you see the arrows arc going thru the stone wall.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Heibi.4251 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Can you fix this nonsense please. Mage/ Ranger hump the wall and drop Meteor shower/barrage half way up the ramp to lord in Durios. I've seen barrage kill the quartermaster in mendon's with all walls/gates full. But today was my new favorite. Shove an arrow cart bottom Durios wall and shoot arrows thru the wall inside. So much siege gets hit inside that is far af back. Anything about a half circle of your skill on the wall is fine but man is it just so frustrating to deal with such stupidity. Then I can't target the ground with 1200 rng placement skills unless I creep out to the edge on my effin tippy toes exposing myself to binds/pulls and instant death. Maybe I could if I humped the inner wall and used w/e exploit zoom who fn knows what. I get my pips every week but man there are so many simple fixes it needs.

    The reason for the Ranger to be able to do this is because, correctly - according to the laws of physics, gravity and the real world, you can shoot at an angle in to the air causing your arrows to go over the walls and land inside the structure you are next to. Amazing how ANeT got this right. A little reality on how that works. And they aren't firing "through" the stone walls, they're shooting OVER(like I pointed out) the stone walls. If there was an actual roof over the tower to prevent objects from falling into it I might agree.

    Yes there's always that guy. You can say this but amazingly don't understand physics, gravity and the real world and think there are fireballs from staffs and death and respawn in a game but apply real world nonsense to one aspect like arrows. There are range parameters in place but ignoring that physics major. How high would you have to shoot these arrows from one side of a wall to land straight down on the other side. Of course ignoring that you see the arrows arc going thru the stone wall.

    :smile:

    You make a great point.. and if we were talking about physics as they exist on earth, I would agree with you.

    However, our toons live in a world full of magic called Tyria: where fireballs and meteor showers and burning/chilling symbols pop out of staves, ground is erupted under people on command, etc etc..

    So.,,, yeah.

  • @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Listen, yall focusing on the barrage. I've seen the barrage thru a wall 50 times and never thought to complain. A mage got meteor shower thru. An arrow cart was hitting behind the wall damaging attempts to repair. It was all 3. I've seen a mage hitting a treb ground level in red keep. He was solo face humping the wall, wasn't using staff. I jumped down and killed him. I've seen an engie and mage on hills in a spot where you jump up into a cliff on a wall. The guards see you but can't hit you and they were hitting a shield generator again thru the walls. Like I get all you rangers want to say this is fine. I can totally shoot my arrows thru a 15 ft stone wall and hit stuff inside. You should not ever under any circumstances be able to do any of that with any skill. Any one that defends it obviously needs it as a crutch to speed up the taking objectives. Maybe some of these are exploits, maybe some of these are tactics everyone uses idk.

    I am focusing on the part of your post that I can reproduce. I play weaver and agree, I don’t know how to make what you are describing work.

    I do know how to make Barrage work.

    As a side note, have you sent an email to the exploits email that Anet has?

    I did once. I went thru the effort of seeing the ranger. I blocked him. Friended him. Got his name and sent the email with the time, objective, even stood in his barrage so there was a log they could see. I got back the ty for your report. We will look into this. We can not share our findings type reply. It's a lot of effort to try and catch, video, document when you kinda want to play. And when you think about it I'm sure people on my team do the same thing so I'm sure I've benefited w/o really knowing. The quick in game report just feels like a placebo system that goes nowhere. Most times I click and report and choose scamming cause nothing really apply to the situation and you can't type anything. I do it but I doubt they even look at those. Also what I call exploit others might call tactics.

    Ok.., help me here because I am confused.

    Your last post states we are too focused on ‘barrage’ and not enough on Meteor Shower.

    In my post, I note that I can’t reproduce the MS from the ele, but that barrage as you describe is working as intended.

    The exploits comment was geared towards the Meteor Shower.

    But the Barrage issue? It’s been stated in patch notes that it was fixed to target the ground anywhere you can see the ground (within range). It isn’t an exploit in and of itself.

    Right you asked me if I ever. That was months ago. After that effort and reply I've never bothered to take the time to document and try again. So I made a thread hoping people might have similar stories and frustrations and maybe something might come of it. I personally think any skill getting thru behind walls is an exploit. Everyone here is saying yes but not barrage so I guess barrage is working as intended. I don't know every skill of every class so I just see classes hitting siege thru walls and I think that's cheating. Sometimes the exploiter is alone but sometimes theres a 40 man zerg so you can't really get into a position to block/friend report etc.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Listen, yall focusing on the barrage. I've seen the barrage thru a wall 50 times and never thought to complain. A mage got meteor shower thru. An arrow cart was hitting behind the wall damaging attempts to repair. It was all 3. I've seen a mage hitting a treb ground level in red keep. He was solo face humping the wall, wasn't using staff. I jumped down and killed him. I've seen an engie and mage on hills in a spot where you jump up into a cliff on a wall. The guards see you but can't hit you and they were hitting a shield generator again thru the walls. Like I get all you rangers want to say this is fine. I can totally shoot my arrows thru a 15 ft stone wall and hit stuff inside. You should not ever under any circumstances be able to do any of that with any skill. Any one that defends it obviously needs it as a crutch to speed up the taking objectives. Maybe some of these are exploits, maybe some of these are tactics everyone uses idk.

    I am focusing on the part of your post that I can reproduce. I play weaver and agree, I don’t know how to make what you are describing work.

    I do know how to make Barrage work.

    As a side note, have you sent an email to the exploits email that Anet has?

    I did once. I went thru the effort of seeing the ranger. I blocked him. Friended him. Got his name and sent the email with the time, objective, even stood in his barrage so there was a log they could see. I got back the ty for your report. We will look into this. We can not share our findings type reply. It's a lot of effort to try and catch, video, document when you kinda want to play. And when you think about it I'm sure people on my team do the same thing so I'm sure I've benefited w/o really knowing. The quick in game report just feels like a placebo system that goes nowhere. Most times I click and report and choose scamming cause nothing really apply to the situation and you can't type anything. I do it but I doubt they even look at those. Also what I call exploit others might call tactics.

    Ok.., help me here because I am confused.

    Your last post states we are too focused on ‘barrage’ and not enough on Meteor Shower.

    In my post, I note that I can’t reproduce the MS from the ele, but that barrage as you describe is working as intended.

    The exploits comment was geared towards the Meteor Shower.

    But the Barrage issue? It’s been stated in patch notes that it was fixed to target the ground anywhere you can see the ground (within range). It isn’t an exploit in and of itself.

    Right you asked me if I ever. That was months ago. After that effort and reply I've never bothered to take the time to document and try again. So I made a thread hoping people might have similar stories and frustrations and maybe something might come of it. I personally think any skill getting thru behind walls is an exploit. Everyone here is saying yes but not barrage so I guess barrage is working as intended. I don't know every skill of every class so I just see classes hitting siege thru walls and I think that's cheating. Sometimes the exploiter is alone but sometimes theres a 40 man zerg so you can't really get into a position to block/friend report etc.

    Now I understand. Thanks.

  • shortcake.8659shortcake.8659 Member ✭✭✭

    @SweetPotato.7456 said:
    Check this out, i didn't have a screenshot before, but now i have, the treb is being shielded and behind wall under the stairs and the Ranger still got to it.

    shield.jpg

    A few posts up I already explained exactly how to do this without any form of cheating whatsoever.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @juno.1840 said:

    @Balthazzarr.1349 said:
    Working properly as designed.

    assumes design is good.

    It really doesn’t. It only notes that in patch notes, it’s current status was described exactly as it is working. So, by definition working as designed.

    Arguing about whether it’s good or bad, is a completely different argument.

  • Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:

    @Heibi.4251 said:

    @Jayden Reese.9542 said:
    Can you fix this nonsense please. Mage/ Ranger hump the wall and drop Meteor shower/barrage half way up the ramp to lord in Durios. I've seen barrage kill the quartermaster in mendon's with all walls/gates full. But today was my new favorite. Shove an arrow cart bottom Durios wall and shoot arrows thru the wall inside. So much siege gets hit inside that is far af back. Anything about a half circle of your skill on the wall is fine but man is it just so frustrating to deal with such stupidity. Then I can't target the ground with 1200 rng placement skills unless I creep out to the edge on my effin tippy toes exposing myself to binds/pulls and instant death. Maybe I could if I humped the inner wall and used w/e exploit zoom who fn knows what. I get my pips every week but man there are so many simple fixes it needs.

    The reason for the Ranger to be able to do this is because, correctly - according to the laws of physics, gravity and the real world, you can shoot at an angle in to the air causing your arrows to go over the walls and land inside the structure you are next to. Amazing how ANeT got this right. A little reality on how that works. And they aren't firing "through" the stone walls, they're shooting OVER(like I pointed out) the stone walls. If there was an actual roof over the tower to prevent objects from falling into it I might agree.

    Yes there's always that guy. You can say this but amazingly don't understand physics, gravity and the real world and think there are fireballs from staffs and death and respawn in a game but apply real world nonsense to one aspect like arrows. There are range parameters in place but ignoring that physics major. How high would you have to shoot these arrows from one side of a wall to land straight down on the other side. Of course ignoring that you see the arrows arc going thru the stone wall.

    I understand physics quite well. I'm speaking from the barrage standpoint here. If you fire and arrow up into the air over a wall it won't magically deflect and land on top of the wall if you were aiming at let's say a 45 degree angle. It will go over the wall and land inside somewhere. That's physics. And if you change your angle you can land the arrow either further in or closer to the wall. It all depends on what angle you shoot at. Geometry, physics, gravity and all that are at work. Angle of shot, combined with thrust, will equal height arrow reaches and distance traveled.

    Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

  • I wish infiltrator arrow would work on more uneven surfaces in wvw

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

    Oh no not the quartermaster.

    How will we ever win a fight with him being dead?

    Also if there's 1 person against your tower, could just kill 'em. Maybe.

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.