The King and Queen's Horrorween 2017 - A Grand Community Event

GW2C - ZANFIRE ARMORSMITH - MAD KING THORN - DANIEL FROZENWIND - MAD QUEEN MALAFIDE - CMAJ - AURORA GLADE SIG                                                                                                                                   PRESENTS

THE KING AND QUEEN'S HORRORWEEN 2017

Time: 28th October, 6pm CESTGame world: Tyria / Lion’s Arch / Aurora Glade’s Megaserver

ABOUT

Come one, come all to The King and Queen's Horrorween! Tyria's oldest community event returns to the Guild Wars franchise for it's 12th consecutive year.

The Snowman King on behalf of her majesty Mad Queen Malafide cordially invites you all to attend this grand Halloween caper, it is sure to fright and delight!Featuring the famous costume contest, live in-game bands and fan favourite activities you have all come to know and love! It is not be missed, there is something for everyone.

A MESSAGE FROM THE HOST

I am Frozenwind, The Guardian of Dhuum and Regent of the Ice Wastes.At times I am reminded of Ogden Stonehealer, like he I am the last of my line - we both feel our age.I remember the ancient times of truly magical events and the spirit the community has when it's putting it's best foot forward.I have seen many faces come and go over the years and I cherish the memory of every event I have ever made.So I posit to the Guild Wars community, would you join a fading Snowman in one last hurrah to honour that memory and the legacy this event has?

FAQ

How do I take part?

• The event shall be held on Aurora Glade, in Lion’s Arch, on the 28th of October, starting at 6pm CEST!
  • All you have to do is attend, take part in the festivities, and fabulous prizes will be in store for you.

Help, I’m not on an EU server, or I can’t make it!

• Not to worry! There are other ways to take part in the festivities, we have a fabulous art contest, and a raffle that you can join.
  • A work around is to create a free account, if you win anything big at the event we will gladly mail it to your main account!

You can also win exclusives both with our cross server and in-game activities!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CROSS SERVER CONTESTS

THE ART CONTESTCreate a suitable piece of art featuring Daniel Frozenwind, Mad King Thorn or Mad Queen Malafide individually or all together!(a picture of what they look like will be added below)

Mad Queen image link:madqueen.jpg

Daniel Frozenwind image link:frozenwind_by_changinghand-d9dx27u.jpg

Mad King Thorn image link:kristen-perry-holidaymadking-kristenperr

You can use any material available to you, all that we ask is that you post your art work right here in this thread for everyone to see.Winners will be chosen during the Horrorween (28th), and we’ll announce the winner on the forums.Please also state your character/account name that you want us to send the prize to.US players are highly encouraged to take part as well.

Prize ListFirst place winner: Spectral Sceptre + 25 Gold + Gold Candycorn Amulet + Mystery Halloween Grab BagSecond place winner: 25 Gold + Silver Candycorn Amulet + Mystery Halloween Grab BagThird place winner: Mystery Halloween Grab Bag

THE RAFFLE

Pick a number between 1 and 100, and we’ll randomly draw five winners from that list, during the event.Just pick one number and your character name, and post in this thread which number you’ve chosen.You can’t take a number that has already been picked, and one number per account.Some folks may receive a different number automatically, if they choose a number that is already taken.Without a character name, we can’t send you the prize.Make sure you spell it right.And yes, US players can take part as well!

IN-GAME ACTIVITIES OF NOTE

The Attire of Autumnal Awesome Costume ContestThis year we have another costume contest of course.Our ghastly group of judges will be lending their dark votes to this tradition.Best male, female, and "Ugly Stick" win special prizes and maybe something exclusive from the gem store! Dress your spookiest!

THE COMMUNITY SPIRIT AWARDWe have a Legendary prize in store for one Tyrian (but it is a secret, and anyone who knew about the prize has been buried alive).Simply attend the event to have a shot at this prize.

SCAVENGER HUNTA masterfully witty scavenger hunt to re-build the Wickerman, presented in five stages throughout the pre-event.The first person to successfully gather the parts required will be rewarded in a big way!

• 2 weeks later...

EVENT SCHEDULE - 6PM CEST

18:00 | Wickerman’s Scavenger Hunt Pre-Event18:30 | The Steeplechase19:00 | Grand Entrance in Pumpkin Plaza (The Ambush)19:30 | Lunatic Royale, The War for Tricks-Or-Treats!20:00 | The Four Riders of Dhuum!20:30 | The Summoning of the Ghostly Quartet21:00 | Mime / Last is First / Riddles21:30 | Ecto-Bowl22:00 | The Attire of Autumnal Awesome22:30 | Night Flight & The Tower of Terror23:00 | Pumpkin Bob23:30 | Skullduggery / Hulk Musters00:00 | The Wickerwind Bonfire and the arrival of Mad King Thorn!Award Ceremony - Community Spirit - Art Contest - International Raffle

RAFFLE NUMBER LIST

1 Joanna Banana2 Aleyra Twinsoul3 Righteous Fury4 Misty5 Trebor6 Cornish Rose7 Coulter8 Chimera Doll9 Noomix10 Red11 Doodlesaur12 arafel13 Frangel14 Quillarin15 Arndawan16 Licysia17 LaraDarkCom18 Mineet19 Ferjz20 Nithmeya21 Kellwan22 JediWizard23 Dorako24 Devils Hypnosis25 Zekrom26 Nekangi27 Frost Belladonna28 Deveriel29 Zaraki30 Tharen31 Shalaine Calenos32 flarezi33 Alatar34 Akkassha35 Cadhor36 lumlum37 Carixuun38 vamprice39 Astread40 Ornie41 Natalie Blutstahl42 Sabre The Second43 Talon44 Rӕveth45 Balkor46 Zariem Seyqabuqir47 Arrff48 Kheyre49 Juka50 jmoak51 Soulbreaker52 Alan Callahan53 Greymight54 Astronomy D55 Shadowkeeper Leoka56 Evèri57 lerak58 NiNiNivek59 Saphrenal60 renth i61 Sciliana62 Guarding Falco63 Taivaankajo64 SoulBulge.65 Addix66 bigmomo67 GittyRivers68 tirre69 Puter70 Jesse71 Baqueta72 Anklot73 Kióki74 Sphrey Melody75 Audio76 Haleydawn77 Mouja78 Eternalfly79 Jheo80 Soarrel81 Rysdude82 Leveration83 Lalapa84 kei munakata85 vangual86 Fyerdwin86 jmj87 Neala Riverflower88 Meowr89 Ahrilove90 Asa The Nekomancer91 XStreamShotIL92 Widmo93 Syr Falis94 UberBeir95 Lydia Shadowforest96 j witch97 Linnun98 plutotama99 Partakias100 Tyr aka Colin

Hey Daniel, old player here from Guild Wars 1 remembering the awesome events you've hosted.Shame that I'm on a U.S server, but I'll see if I can join you on a free account.I'll be entering the raffle with ticket number 28, character name: Deveriel.Looking forward to another great event, for old times sake.

Archived