Double Shortbow - WvW Roaming

kuteykathy.8123

@Dawdler.8521 said:Haha I expected a condi trapper but thats pretty neat. I find it amazing people seem stumped trying to fight you. As a mostly mirage roamer... that mirage 1v1 is complete embarassment. And that was before I even looked at the rank, lol.

Haha, it surprises me a bit too when people don't know what to do! I can't really complain about it though ;)

@kuteykathy.8123 said:

@reddie.5861 said:this what u do when ur bored and after spending some gold into some exotics u still logout cus its even more boring :D

Exotics? It's faster to just stat change your legendary armor! ;)

im that bored with gw2 that i wouldnt even have a legendary weapon if it wasnt for people quitting and handing me all the crap :p.so obviously i dont have armor :( i dont even know how to get it tbh beside that i have buy some ascended in WvW then upgrade it somehow ;).

but this is why i like gw2.my gear is for ever good, and when i wanna fuck around i get exotics which is just as good as legendary/ascended and off you go.lovely casual game.

@reddie.5861 said:

@reddie.5861 said:this what u do when ur bored and after spending some gold into some exotics u still logout cus its even more boring :D

im that bored with gw2 that i wouldnt even have a legendary weapon if it wasnt for people quitting and handing me all the kitten :p.so obviously i dont have armor :( i dont even know how to get it tbh beside that i have buy some ascended in WvW then upgrade it somehow ;).

but this is why i like gw2.my gear is for ever good, and when i wanna kitten around i get exotics which is just as good as legendary/ascended and off you go.lovely casual game.

I'd highly recommend it! https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor Check out the link and feel free to ask if you have any questions about how to get it.

You'll get all the components you need just by playing the game over time, and the convenience is super nice :)

@kuteykathy.8123 said:

im that bored with gw2 that i wouldnt even have a legendary weapon if it wasnt for people quitting and handing me all the kitten :p.so obviously i dont have armor :( i dont even know how to get it tbh beside that i have buy some ascended in WvW then upgrade it somehow ;).

but this is why i like gw2.my gear is for ever good, and when i wanna kitten around i get exotics which is just as good as legendary/ascended and off you go.lovely casual game.

I'd highly recommend it!
Check out the link and feel free to ask if you have any questions about how to get it.

You'll get all the components you need just by playing the game over time, and the convenience is super nice :)

think i have all components i just refuse to get to crafting tables ;) or mystic forge w/e is needed :p.

tbh people can jump high n low but ascended/exotic is almost same crap. i never had problem running around on my full exotic zerk thief i died equally fast as i do on my ascended marauder thief. so for now im just stacking materials or selling em as i dont need anything beside hording some gems i dont really do anything anymore in this game.

@reddie.5861 said:

I'd highly recommend it!
Check out the link and feel free to ask if you have any questions about how to get it.

think i have all components i just refuse to get to crafting tables ;) or mystic forge w/e is needed :p.

tbh people can jump high n low but ascended/exotic is almost same kitten. i never had problem running around on my full exotic zerk thief i died equally fast as i do on my ascended marauder thief. so for now im just stacking materials or selling em as i dont need anything beside hording some gems i dont really do anything anymore in this game.

The armor is generally only a small gain in armor rating and stats, however the weapons offer an upwards of 10% damage.

@babazhook.6805 said:How big a deal is taking BT over Pressure strike? I have been able to layer on significant Torment stacks via pressure strike and those interrupts when in SB on my own condition build. If in torment runes this can get some nice heals as well albeit I think Thorns might be a beter bet.

Pressure Strike is also a really good trait. I personally like BT better because I've become used to the flow of having the vigor it gives. I haven't given the new torment runes a try with pressure strike though, so maybe the extra sustain it brings would push it over the edge.

Something I'd definitely be interested in playing around with :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have stolen your build for fun. A bit long against some war, holos or weaver with 36 stab or condicleanse every 0.5sec and work mostly on greedy* people; UC is definitely better than lotus training.This is so impressive how OP Chocking Gas (+weakness /trait or #4+#2) is against Mirage, i've never killed mirages so easily.

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:I have stolen your build for fun. A bit long against some war, holos or weaver with 36 stab or condicleanse every 0.5sec and work mostly on greedy* people; UC is definitely better than lotus training.This is so impressive how OP Chocking Gas (+weakness /trait or #4+#2) is against Mirage, i've never killed mirages so easily.

Try choking gas with pressure strike traited :)

@killy.3278 said:

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Yeah I tried, but there is a ~4sec ICD that I don't really like. I prefer the vigor, + the boonsteal against guards, soulbeast or even reaper in shroud etc feels so good.

that 3s ICD is against defiant foes.

sPVP version of choking gas has 4sec ICD, it's way weaker than the WvW version.

i dont think he was talking about sPvP tho

I've played something similar for a long time, currently with trailblazer, P/D offhand and trapper runes. Choking gas builds are easily the ones that generate the most salty whispers because people don't know how to fight it xD

With the 3s immobs from shortbow sneak attack (plus just baiting people into traps lol) it opens up a lot more ways to spike with choking gas as well as adds cover condis in bleeds and vulnerability, which makes the build more flexible. For instance, shortbow sneak attack to immob, choking gas, precast heal, steal to enemy, weapon swap to P/D for geomancy and doom proc (this also lays the on heal trap at their feet), shadow strike out. You look like you're having fun tho, so carry on annoying people haha :)

p.s; I find pressure striking such a good trait, and new absorption sigil on shortbow will let you take down tougher enemies like boonbeast. Just a thought :)

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:I have stolen your build for fun. A bit long against some war, holos or weaver with 36 stab or condicleanse every 0.5sec and work mostly on greedy* people; UC is definitely better than lotus training.This is so impressive how OP Chocking Gas (+weakness /trait or #4+#2) is against Mirage, i've never killed mirages so easily.

Glad you're enjoying it! <3

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I've played something similar for a long time, currently with trailblazer, P/D offhand and trapper runes. Choking gas builds are easily the ones that generate the most salty whispers because people don't know how to fight it xD

With the 3s immobs from shortbow sneak attack (plus just baiting people into traps lol) it opens up a lot more ways to spike with choking gas as well as adds cover condis in bleeds and vulnerability, which makes the build more flexible. For instance, shortbow sneak attack to immob, choking gas, precast heal, steal to enemy, weapon swap to P/D for geomancy and doom proc (this also lays the on heal trap at their feet), shadow strike out. You look like you're having fun tho, so carry on annoying people haha :)

p.s; I find pressure striking such a good trait, and new absorption sigil on shortbow will let you take down tougher enemies like boonbeast. Just a thought :)

Absorption sigil sounds fun too! I'll be testing some things with P/D once the queues start to die down, but I definitely love my choking gas ;)

Archived