Condi duration in wvw (roaming)

felincyriac.5981

Is there an ideal amount? I'm just messing around with a scourge build, for solo roaming, I could go full trailblazers for ~40% condi duration, or I could get around~700 more healing power instead for more sustain. Pretty much every other stat is the same, just condi duration and healing power. Just how abundant is condi cleanse on other classes?

We had a patch where base duration was increased and burst (=stacks) was lowered. Since then running duration gear is pointless in PvP/WvW. You want to deal as much damage as possible before your condis are cleansed.

But that's a matter when you ask whether trailblazer or dire is better for WvW (dire is better these days). Healing power instead of duration is a diferent story, but I think more sustain instead of increased duration is also preferable as there are a million cleanses in the game now via stuff like buffed cleansing sigil and antitoxin rune.

The exception is condi mirage because ANet somehow forgot to adjust it like they did it with all the other classes in the above mentioned patch. Condi mirage is still stacking torment and confusion like crazy.

@KrHome.1920 said:We had a patch where base duration was increased and burst (=stacks) was lowered. Since then running duration gear is pointless in PvP/WvW. You want to deal as much damage as possible before your condis are cleansed.

But that's a matter when you ask whether trailblazer or dire is better for WvW (dire is better these days). Healing power instead of duration is a diferent story, but I think more sustain instead of increased duration is also preferable as there are a million cleanses in the game now via stuff like buffed cleansing sigil and antitoxin rune.

The exception is condi mirage because ANet somehow forgot to adjust it like they did it with all the other classes in the above mentioned patch. Condi mirage is still stacking torment and confusion like crazy.

Although there are a ton of cleanses now, some players still run builds that depend on prevention rather than cleanse, and duration helps against those builds when you land them.Also I think perhaps dire is better for classes that can spike hard and frequently with condi.But Necro happens to be mostly a ramp-up class with moderate spike so TB is still imo the better choice for necros as it fits our ramp-up concept with lots of covering condi better.

But Necro happens to be mostly a ramp-up class with moderate spike so TB is still imo the better choice for necros as it fits our ramp-up concept with lots of covering condi better.The overloading aspect to bypass the cleansing capabilities of your target is something to take into consideration, but since even reapers with super low mobility and 3 cleanses (sigil ,consume condtions, spectral walk) can comfortably wear down a trailblazer scourge, it's easy to imagine what other specs (who just jump out of the red circles) will do.

@"KrHome.1920" said:We had a patch where base duration was increased and burst (=stacks) was lowered. Since then running duration gear is pointless in PvP/WvW. You want to deal as much damage as possible before your condis are cleansed.

I see, well my build with healing power is basically dire with some apothecary thrown in.

Though I wanted to try a hybrid core build before switching to scourge, was thinking of thishttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArYWjc0Q5NWcD+1A/NOCGK6VMF96Mq3h1Nm0BQDA-jVSHQBA4IAIgDBwSV+1H1fC2DAwN6D6x+DQVJYtOBAlDCACFwqKVVVVUAuG-w

• 3 weeks later...

@felincyriac.5981 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:We had a patch where base duration was increased and burst (=stacks) was lowered. Since then running duration gear is pointless in PvP/WvW. You want to deal as much damage as possible before your condis are cleansed.

I see, well my build with healing power is basically dire with some apothecary thrown in.

Though I wanted to try a hybrid core build before switching to scourge, was thinking of this

Hey I noticed you have TWO WEAPON SWAP sigils on the same set, I thought having 2 of the same type of sigil doesn't work. The theory behind it is, the recharge of 9 seconds is the same on both so you would only get the benefit of one sigil. Is this not true?? Will you get both benefits of weapon swapping sigils?

@wetwillyhip.7254 said:

Though I wanted to try a hybrid core build before switching to scourge, was thinking of this

Hey I noticed you have TWO WEAPON SWAP sigils on the same set, I thought having 2 of the same type of sigil doesn't work. The theory behind it is, the recharge of 9 seconds is the same on both so you would only get the benefit of one sigil. Is this not true?? Will you get both benefits of weapon swapping sigils?

Yes you will get benefits from both sigils as long as they are not the exact same sigil.Its not the type (on swap, on crit, on hit etc.) that matters.It only doesn't work if they are the exact same sigil e.g. 2 doom sigils in one weapon set.

@felincyriac.5981 said:

The hybrid core build looks very solid if you ask me.I'm surprised the stats generated are pretty decent especially when we factor in the chosen traits.How did it go for you?

Playing some kind of terror scourge right now for roaming (curses+soulreaping) and I don't have any condition duration if I remember correctly except using rune of tormenting. With grieving armor and weapons, as well as some rabid trinkets.

Against most classes it's just not worth having condiduration, as almost every class has a lot of cleanses

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Yes you will get benefits from both sigils as long as they are not the exact same sigil.Its not the type (on swap, on crit, on hit etc.) that matters.It only doesn't work if they are the exact same sigil e.g. 2 doom sigils in one weapon set.

Thank you! Makes sense.

Archived