[Suggestions] An Attempt to Change KP, LI System

Cenitros.5401

Straight Away!,

Well, many quantitative players(the ones rely on LI and KP proofs) will disagree on what i am saying but, this is my opinion and my personal experience of "what is wrong" with the state of Raid in GW2;

In first place, i want to make 2 clear statements on "what is wrong?":

• A defined item in a game shouldn't be and cannot be used for some kind of proof or experience but it should be used to obtain a bigger aim(reward) within the game.
  • A proof can be a link of an achievement if really needed or some another solution should be found...

Issues that i experience in most raid runs :Number 1 - Many players that has 100+ LI or 100+ KP has no clue on how the mechanics of a certain boss works... Even if they know some mechanics, they are rather aware of taking role on it or be silent despite the fact that the mechanic itself should be executed by their class...Number 2 - Too many liars with generated LI and KP codes. You see the fact that they have no any clue on how the boss mechanic works, it is a face-palm and waste of time situation for other players in the raid.Number 3 - I can't use LI and KPs as they are supposed to be used. Because i believe that if i use them i will not have what to prove for raid leaders...

Final Words;Raid should be more skill based rather than quantity based raids. People can exploit this by buying KPs from in game sellers that are located in Raid finder and pretend like they have more experience than the many other skilled players who actually executed mechanic, killed the boss and enjoyed every bit of raid journey.ArenaNet should come with a unique approach on how to fix this problems or i call them "fair glitches" that ruin the raiding experience in terms of raid quality and joy.

Thank you.

@"Odinens.5920" said:I have no idea what you're talking about.....what are LI and KP proofs?

LI -> Legendary Insight : Item acquired from bosses in Heart of Thorns raids, used in the creation of legendary armor.KP-> Kill proof: Often used in high level fractal and raid LFGs; usually items unique to the content, such as a decoration token or unique gear.

for more abbreviationshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Abbreviations

@Cenitros.5401 said:

@"Odinens.5920" said:I have no idea what you're talking about.....what are LI and KP proofs?

LI -> Legendary Insight : Item acquired from bosses in Heart of Thorns raids, used in the creation of legendary armor.KP-> Kill proof: Often used in high level fractal and raid LFGs; usually items unique to the content, such as a decoration token or unique gear.

for more abbreviations

Thanks, I figured it had something to do with PvE raids. I don't do them so had no clue what those abbreviations were.

@Astralporing.1957 said:So, let me get it straight. What you have a problem with is not the practice itself, but the specific items used for it, righ

Actually yea... If they were not used for some particular aim. Than, it is alright. But think of KP then, it is a random value which depends from 1-5. What if you get lower numbers everytime you killed the boss. Than, it means you are low on experience ? Is it accurate ? Don't think so...

I don't really care about KP's (I just dump them on my guild) or LI's and often I just make my own squads without asking for them (Funny enough people link them anyway). But that doesn't mean I don't understand people wanting to find people who they belive to be competent players so they can have a smooth run.

Of course, none of this matter if the player still a idiot... I had a person other day to link me 208 Matthias tokens (I only killed Matthias 7 times myself) and the first thing he did was drop a poison well right on top of us. On that same group I had a Revenant that never killed Matthias before who didn't fail a single mechanic.

Or when you find the players who are unwilling to do mechanics that are usually better suited for their profession... Like, there were times I had to push orbs on Keep Construct or kite shards on Cairn as Chrono because the Druids in the group gave only radio silence responses.

In the end, I don't think there is a problem with the system. There is only a problem with people.

@Cenitros.5401 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:So, let me get it straight. What you have a problem with is not the practice itself, but the specific items used for it, righ

Actually yea... If they were not used for some particular aim. Than, it is alright. But think of KP then, it is a random value which depends from 1-5. What if you get lower numbers everytime you killed the boss. Than, it means you are low on experience ? Is it accurate ? Don't think so...

It's not accurate no matter how many you have, it's just less inaccurate if the number dropped were fixed.

@"zealex.9410" said:More ppl should use and ask for gw2 radar profile from ppl.

This addresses the OP's concern better, in that it is actual data, not a proxy for data.

The problem is that people are expecting to fully vet a random player's likely contribution to a group by presenting them with a single number. It's the equivalent of choosing Pick Up basketball teams by height alone or Pick Up Football (Soccer to those living in the 50 United States) by shoe size. It's not 100% irrelevant, but neither is it telling you what you really want to know.

If you want data alone to decide, it's out there (for people using Arc & uploading logs). If you want to to really learn, then ask a question or two. "Do you prefer greens or no greens on VG and why" is going to give you far more insight about the player's experience then any amount of KP.

@Linken.6345 said:Why do you kite shards on cairn at all?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:Like, there were times I had to push orbs on Keep Construct or kite shards on Cairn as Chrono because the Druids in the group gave only radio silence responses.Why would you use kiter on Cairn? That's as old-school now as doing greens on VG.

So the idiots I find so very often on pugs don't die to the random knockbacks and I don't end up failing on one of the easiest bosses in the game? I mean, it's the very same reason why most people do ranged deimos on pugs instead of melee: We don't trust incopetent players and this game have A LOT of them. I will even do Updrafts on Gorseval if I have to. Doing Machanics is not a sin (Although for the ammount of people who refuse to do them, it sure feels like).

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Why do you kite shards on cairn at all?

@Jeknar.6184 said:Like, there were times I had to push orbs on Keep Construct or kite shards on Cairn as Chrono because the Druids in the group gave only radio silence responses.Why would you use kiter on Cairn? That's as old-school now as doing greens on VG.

So the idiots I find so very often on pugs don't die to the random knockbacks and I don't end up failing on one of the easiest bosses in the game?They will still die, because if they cannot stack, they will inevitably end up standing between cairn and the kiter. If you don't trust pugs that much, just take 3 healers instead of the usual one. Druid, necro and tempest combo makes it a walk in the park, even if some players get kicked off the platform, because the most common cause of deaths is, in my experience, ressing. If people are not ressing, they can usually survive shards just fine.

Additional heal in stack always seemed to me to give far better results than a kiter, seeing as kiter helps the most groups that can already pull out close stack strat.

Archived