So this is MY list(basically a nerf list) for what I'd like the next balance patch to include. I'm not against buffing unused aspects of the professions but honestly almost none of the classes need buffs to them at this point. With a few notable exceptions. On another note, I realize I don't know all the classes inside and out so if anything stands out to you, feel free to notify me. Be civil though. I know it's a hard ask in this particular sub-forum but do try.
One more thing, all numeric nerfs should be considered PvP only so don't comment if this would IYO nerf your raid build as it probably wouldn't.
I'll go in alphabetical order.
It's hard for me to assess what S/D Weaver would need as on paper it looks alright. Maybe the only thing needed is for the competition to come down a notch. So I focused on improving the Earth traitline to create more synergies for Tempest to utilize. I had more ideas but decided to exclude them as they were a bit too large to implement within the scope of balance.
- Blinding Ashes: This trait has been redone. Now inflicts Blind on foes you strike with a Leap Combo Finisher. Cleanse a condition from yourself whenever you Blind a foe. This trait has a 3 second internal cooldown. Cancelled.
- Electric Discharge: Increased the base damage inflicted by this trait by 30%.
- Raging Storm: Fury duration has been increased to 4 seconds from 2 s. Bonus Ferocity gained has been reduced to 150 from 250. NEW, REVISION B
- Elemental Shielding: Increased the duration of Protection gained from 2 second to 3.
- Earthen Blast: This trait now also inflicts 2 stacks of Bleeding for 5 seconds. I still think this would bring it to the same level of the other minor master traits. REV C.
- Rock Solid: Increased the duration of Stability gained from 2 seconds to 3.
- Geomancer's Defense: When you have Protection on you, now also inflicts 1 stack of Bleeding for 3 seconds on foes that strike you. Cancelled.
- Harmonious Conduit: Increased Stability gained from 1 stack to 2.
Mainly I want Photon Forge to have more clearly cut damage skills and utility skills instead of everything just doing a ton of damage.
- Light Strike: Increased the damage of this skill by 25%.
- Holo Leap: Decreased the damage of this skill by 40%. Increased the cooldown from 2 to 3 second. Swiftness duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds. Reduced the Heat generated from 7% to 5%.
- Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage of this skill by 25%. This skill will also no longer be a guaranteed critical hit. Heat generated is reduced from 25% to 20%.
- Thermal Release Valve: Heat lost by dodging is reduced from 15% to 10%.
- Emergency Elixir: Baseline Barrier gained is increased by 50% from 3000 to 4500.
- Elixir U: Reduced the duration of all boons gained from 6 seconds to 4.
- Prime Light Beam: Reduced the direct damage of this skill by 20%.
I'll admit I'm slightly biased here, Guardian is what I consider my main. I think Greatsword is slightly overtuned at the moment, and if I'm to suggest damage nerfs to most classes, Firebrands healing and support needs to come down a notch too. I also want to buff Shouts and their related trait to be slightly more competitive.
- Whirling Wrath: Reduced the damage of all parts of this skill by 15%. Binding Blade: Reduced the over time damage of this skill by 20%. Initial damage remains the same. Mighty Blow: Reduced the damage of this skill by 10%. Cancelled.
- Tome of Resolve: Chapter 4: Cooldown of this skill has been increased to 12 seconds from 10.
- Chapter 5: Cooldown of this skill has been increased to 15 seconds from 12.
- Tome of Courage: Chapter 4: Cooldown of this skill has been increased to 12 seconds from 10. The duration is increased from 4 seconds to 5.
- "Retreat!": This skill now uses the ammo mechanic, and has 2 charges. Grants 5 seconds of Aegis and 12 seconds of Swiftness. Has an 8 second cooldown between charges and the count recharge is 30 seconds.
- "Feel My Wrath!": This skill now also grants Retaliation for 8 seconds. (This purely for PvE, RF will still rule supreme in PvP)
- Righteous Instincts: Bonus critical chance gained from this trait has been reduced to 33% from 50%. NEW, REVISION B
- Pure of Voice: Shouts can now affect 10 targets, and grant you Aegis for 3 seconds when used.
- Ray of Judgment: This skill will now turn the Guardian to face their target before casting.
I'm going to support some of @Trigr.6481 suggestions regarding these but I have things to add. Not gonna repeat them so just gonna link it here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/67574/countless-pvp-mesmer-suggestions#latest What my changes boil down to is I want to remove any mass application of Torment from Mesmer, and replace it with either Bleed or Confusion. What I think Mirages biggest transgression is, is the fact that it can load you up with both Torment and Confusion which heavily punishes any action you do afterwards. While replacing Torment with Bleed/Confusion might make Mesmer do more baseline condition damage and reduce "counterplay", if you seriously consider not moving counterplay, it won't punish you as much for kiting or running away.
- Maim the Disillusioned: 6 seconds of Torment is replaced by 6 seconds of Bleeding. Cancelled.
- Illusionary Counter: 5 stacks of Torment for 8 seconds is replaced by 5 stacks of Bleeding for 8 seconds. The cooldown of this skill has been increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds. EDIT, REVISION C
- Ethereal Chop: 2 seconds of Torment is replaced by 2 seconds of Bleed. EDIT, REVISION C
- Mirror Strikes: 6 seconds of Torment is replaced by 6 seconds of Bleed. EDIT, REVISION C
- Lingering Thoughts: 3 stacks of Torment for 4 seconds is replaced by 3 stacks of Bleeding for 4 seconds. Count recharge has been increased to 15 seconds from 10. EDIT, REVISION B
- Ether Barrage: 2 seconds of Torment is replaced by 2 seconds of Bleeding.
- Imaginary Axes: Each stack of Torment that would be applied for 4 seconds is now 2 seconds of Bleeding and Confusion per stack.
- Confusing Images: Reduced the damage done by this skill by 15%. NEW, REVISION C
- Chaos Vortex can keep its Torment for all I care, staff is the least problematic weapon of all.
I feel like Necromancer is in a good spot in regards to PvP. It has a powerful presence in teamfights but falls easily if under focus or alone. I think there should be better builds for sustaining on your own without support but I don't have any good suggestions towards that end. However I do have a few suggestions regarding some weapons as well as unused Elite Spec skills and traits.
- Necrotic Slash: This skill now grants 2% Life Force.
- Necrotic Stab: Increased the damage of this skill by 20%.
- Life Siphon: Increased the base damage and healing of the skill by 20%.
- Dark Pact: Increased the range of this skill to 900 from 600.
- Reaper's Touch: The cooldown of this skill has been decreased to 10 seconds from 15. The casting time has been reduced to 0,25 seconds from 0,75 seconds.
- "Suffer!": Now transfers 2 conditions per foe struck.
- "Rise!": This shout gains a secondary skill called "Fall!". When used, you sacrifice all your minions that were raised by "Rise!". Each minion explodes for damage and heals you for a yet undetermined amount. Somewhere between 400 - 700 should be fine.
- Dessicate: Reduced the casting time of this skill from 1 second to 0,25 seconds. (The casting time on this skill makes no sense considering what it does which is basically nothing)
- Relentless Pursuit: Reduced durations are now 50% and 100%. Entering Shroud does not remove these conditions.
- Feed from Corruption: You now also gain a small amount of health from Boons gained by corruption.
- Reaper's Onslaught: Bonus Ferocity gained has been reduced to 150 from 300. PvP only. NEW, REVISION B
- Death Perception: Bonus Ferocity gained has been reduced to 150 from 300. PvP only. NEW, REVISION B
So Boonbeast. Let's do something about that. Other things as well.
- Consume Plasma: This skill has been removed from the list of skills than can be found by Forage.
- Forage: 2 new items have been added to the list of possible items. These are Elixir B and Elixir U. These skills are identical to Engineer skills with the same names. Cancelled.
- Jackal Essence: This item has been added to the list of items that can be found by using Forage. Teleport forward(range 600), gaining Barrier(1000ish) at your destination. This ability is instant but does not break stuns. NEW, REVISION C
- Potion of Freedom: This item has been added to the list of items that can be found by using Forage. Break stuns and remove movement-impairing conditions. Gain 1 second of Superspeed for each condition removed. NEW, REVISION C
- Sic Em: The damage bonus added by this skill has been split. It now grants you 20% more damage when in Beastmode instead of 40%. EDIT, REVISION C
- Dolyak Stance: The amount of Stability granted by this skill has been reduced from 6 stacks to 3. Duration of this skill has been reduced to 4 seconds from 6 s. EDIT, REVISION B
- Griffon Stance: Increased Endurance recovery rate has been reduced to 50% from 100%. NEW, REVISION C
- One Wolf Pack: Individual strike damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Fresh Reinforcement: This trait has swapped places with Eternal Bond, and is now in the Grandmaster tier. NEW, REVISION C
- Eternal Bond: This trait has swapped places with Fresh Reinforcement, and is now in the Adept tier. NEW, REVISION C
I don't have a whole lot of things to throw here. Some re-balancing and reduction of burst damage while emphasizing a slightly more pressuring kind of damage.
- Shackling Wave: Casting time is reduced to 0,75 seconds from 1. Additional strike damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Deathstrike: Secondary strike damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Renewing Wave: Increased the healing gained by 20%. Added skill fact: If you Blast a field with this skill, cleansed conditions are turned into boons instead.
- Impossible Odds: Increased secondary strike damage by 20%.
- Jade Winds: Decreased energy cost to 40 from 50.
- Hardening Persistence: Damage reduction gained is increased from 1% to 2%. NEW, REVISION B
Damage reductions for Deadeye and undoing some mistakes from the previous patch.
- Death's Judgment: Reduced the bonus damage from Malice from 15% to 10%.
- Binding Shadow: Knockdown duration has been reduced to 1 second from 3. Poison and vulnerability duration have been reduced from 10 to 5 seconds. This skill no longer removes boons. EDIT, REVISION B
- Blinding Powder: This skill now casts instantly. No longer grants Stability.
- Dagger Storm: The duration of this skill has been reduced to 3 seconds from 4 seconds while the attack interval and animation speed have been increased by 25%.
- Lead Attacks: This trait can now be stacked out of combat again.
- Silent Scope: This trait now has a cooldown of 5 seconds.
Many of warriors current issues can be solved by just bringing down the powercreep of the other classes. I think it's fairly well balanced. I do have a few things in mind though. Mainly some things to reduce reliance on Warrior's Sprint for MS, and give Berserker more ways to sustain as it doesn't gain full benefits from traits like Adrenal Health.
- Signet of Rage: This skill now passively grants you 25% Movement Speed.
- Fatal Frenzy: Swiftness granted by this trait has been increased to 6 seconds from 3.
- Bloody Roar: Added to the trait: 25% of Primal Burst skills direct damage is returned to you as health. This effect is limited to 3 targets struck.
Well, that got out of control fast.
This list is by no means comprehensive nor is it realistic thinking it's going to happen any time soon. So settle down, little monkeys!
I'm open to adding more suggestions if I feel like they are realistic and cater to balance. Also if you think I haven't thought something through, feel free to point that out as well.