Badazar's Champion Event Plains of Ashford — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Badazar's Champion Event Plains of Ashford

Warpriestheo.9348Warpriestheo.9348 Member ✭✭
edited February 7, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Hello, i'm trying to do the collection for the Dreamer Legendary and I have to kill Badazar's Champion in Plains of Ashford..is there any respawn timer on that event? I've been there for hours yet the event didn't start at all, anyone knows if its bugged or something?

The Drunkard

Comments

• I think its bugged, even the npc that starts the chain

The Drunkard

• well 3 days im trying see where the chain events is broke, but as its the start event...pretty sad so many events in this area are bugges from time to time
    if its a impossible to solve issue, would be nice to avoid us to do all the work for the legendary to finish with no solution for lvl 7 event (as i found bugg report for this event since years)

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have seen the even the proceeds it many times ... problem is that the event needs to fail in order for the Badazar's Champion even to spawn and I've never seen the even fail. Partly because I am usually there on an daily event day and partly because it is very easy to complete the event.

Additional bad news ... you could have just bought The Lover and save yourself 300g along with the hassle of needing an event to fail.

• which event ure talking of? wiki says its first of chain. maybe you could explain then how u know event started cos neither npc, neither champ appeared?

• @lokilalouve.5738 said:
    which event ure talking of? wiki says its first of chain. maybe you could explain then how u know event started cos neither npc, neither champ appeared?

ive talked to both npc involved, dialogues on wiki are what they are supposed to be, but none of them do anything...im lost

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Best bet is to try the event right after a reset of the map (stalled events are reset). Maps are guaranteed to reset with a patch/release.

Good luck.

Looking further into it, based on the quotes on the bottom of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tesserarius_Drivenhail
    The event is indeed broken. Tesserarius is saying "Grawl in Martyr's Woods? Unacceptable!" and also behaving like an NPC that wants to tell you about an event but the event(https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_enraged_grawl_rampaging_through_Martyr's_Woods) is not up nor does the relevant dialog option come up.

• thanks for your comments and for the time u spent to try help me, no i can just hope some patch will fix it..

edited March 20, 2019

@lokilalouve.5738 said:
    thanks for your comments and for the time u spent to try help me, no i can just hope some patch will fix it..

Your best chance of seeing it happen would be when "Daily Plains of Ashford Events" shows up as one of the dailies. Assuming it is completely broken.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Or, try it immediately after the next release. Stalled events usually reset with every patch.

Good luck.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.