Application Has Been Blocked From Accessing Graphics Hardware

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:I haven't experienced it, but there's been many reports about this issue (not specific to just Guild Wars 2).

Reinstalling the graphics drivers would be the first thing I'd try (after a simple reboot), possibly with DDU.

Thanks for the Reply.

The main problem was that my screen would go off and on.And I couldn't even get into the game without it just turning off.

I tried-Scanning my computer with Windows Virus and Kaspersky short and Long Scans-installing a new driver-Removing all drivers-Installing all new drivers in safe mode-System Restore-Rolling back Windows Update-Some CMD stuff-Removing and Reseating my video cardAnd all of the above while the screen would go off and on AT LEAST 40 times in the last 3 days.

Lastly, I ended up swapping my video card with my daughters video card.I thought everything was fixed and then the computer shut down.Success-I figured out that my CPU was overheating by ALOT and that maybe that was the issue all along.

I've never had that error message (that i noticed) but I did have repeated issues with GW2 whereby the screen would go dead but the PC still on and I would have to reboot. Eventually tracked it down to a faulty mem chip, once i replaced that everything was cool. Just thought i'd mention it incase your cpu cooling doesn't resolve it

@Decado.9304 said:I've never had that error message (that i noticed) but I did have repeated issues with GW2 whereby the screen would go dead but the PC still on and I would have to reboot. Eventually tracked it down to a faulty mem chip, once i replaced that everything was cool. Just thought i'd mention it incase your cpu cooling doesn't resolve it

Just an update--The pc has continued to run hot and then cool even after applying thermal paste.There isn't a spec of dust in the fans and radiator of my watercooler.I believe the water pump has failed.

Since I've used my daughters card in my pc, I've had no issuesand she has had none with my vid card

Clues*She has a unregistered windows (no major updates)

*And she has had no problems with my card ATI

And I have a an updated windowsNO problems with a Nvidia card... a company that has the best drivers

Conclusion-Its completely software/update related.She has no issues with my card because she doesnt have any updates that could mess it upAnd I have no issues with her card because its an nvidia and that brand (usually) plays nice with everything else (better drivers)

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Have you tried running the gw2.exe has the administrator,

I remember along time ago people having random errors like that and this helped.

Since swapping cards, I have had no problems.My kid and I swapped gpu'sIt seems to be purely software relatedand nothing specifically to do with gw2 because other programs had 'symptoms'

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:This problem can occur due to so many reasons. One thing you could try is create another local account and try running the game from that (preferably a new admin account).

I dont blame you for not reading my replies, but suffice it to say, gw2 was not the only game effected, it was just the only one to show that error code.TLDR-The Problem was software related and fixed by swapping in another video card.If you want to hear a longer, detailed response, keep on reading.

The larger problem that I didn't mention was that my screen was turning off and on intermittently.And from what I can deduce, the problem wasn't hardware related (and is software related) because I swapped video cards between two computers. My AMD card worked in the other computer flawlessly and the Nvidia worked flawlessly in mine(no flashing screen off and on and no errors).

I have made threads on two of the most popular tech forum sites and no one can figure this out.I have exhausted all software related fixes.

So that leads me to one question, what is the big difference between my computer and the computer I put the AMD card into?The other computer has an unregistered version of windows and has not been updated the same way this computer has.I think somewhere along the way, a windows update is responsible.

An easy fix would be system restore. But I didn't have a system restore back far enough to fix this.The other solution would be reinstalling windows but I have no way of reinstalling window without losing all my files.

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:I did read your replies! :)

Just thought I should mention the account option, since that's yet another possible fix for this issue, amongst several others that can be found all over the web.

It's a frustrating problem for sure.

Aw ok, thanks for reading. :#The gw2 error was a symptom of a system wide root cause.

Thank you again for the suggestion.

Archived