Spoilers - A small thing Glint Said...

Hedraaximuth.8279

Was replaying the First set of Trials in the new LW, and i noticed something Glint had said

"A better world is waiting to be born"

What if..Glint has been planning this, the fall of the Dragons and the destruction of Tyria, only for it to be reborn millennia later, for her to be present and to be there, as some sort of ruler? What if Glint is the REAL baddie in this? It would explain why she put Aurene in harm's way, she could just be one more pawn in the Bigger Game. She wants to destroy Tyria to save Tyria.

It would be a good way to start a new game...

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Not sure why people have been constantly obsessed with the notion of a GW3. They made GW2 to last, and if they do end it, I doubt they'll go into a second MMO of the same setting.

From what I saw in the GW3 threads. People think that a GW3 would fix every problem GW2 had. First the technical problems ( going from DX9 to DX12 ) but also problems in the story and game balance would be fixed in a GW3 according to those threads.

Also this GW3 stuff is beginning to feel like the "Cantha-Argument". Something happens, that means we'll get Cantha/GW3 soon.

you don't need GW3 to unleash Cantha. It's Just a map in the Tyrian world, which is already covered by GW2 and its expansions. An expansion will suffice for that.

If A.NET wants to implement DX12, they can for sure. Most likely they made the client Scalable. they can just modify some API values to link to DX12, since most of DX9 APIs, i assume, are inherited in DX12.

@Walhalla.5473 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:Not sure why people have been constantly obsessed with the notion of a GW3. They made GW2 to last, and if they do end it, I doubt they'll go into a second MMO of the same setting.

From what I saw in the GW3 threads. People think that a GW3 would fix every problem GW2 had. First the technical problems ( going from DX9 to DX12 ) but also problems in the story and game balance would be fixed in a GW3 according to those threads.

Also this GW3 stuff is beginning to feel like the "Cantha-Argument". Something happens, that means we'll get Cantha/GW3 soon.

the stuff you said would happen in lineage 3 also and aion 2 and bdo 2 and bns 2 and archeage 2 and go on..just because mmo X had problems it wont be fixed in X 2...

how ur gonna fix balance ever? one class will always be stronger then another but when u put that one class under preasure it might not peform like the weaker class who at this point is pooping out more dps..etc balabalaba balance isnt just numbers..

@Walhalla.5473 said:

Which is silly, blissfully ignorant, thinking. The "problems in the story" won't get better with a new game, it'd get better with new writers or the writers improving. Same goes for game balance. GW2 started with a clean slate, and had those issues almost instantly. If anything, going from GW1 to GW2 caused those issues.

The only thing going to GW3 would change is providing a new clean slate. But without improving the makers, the issues will come up again and again.

Great story-writers are hard to come by for the gaming industry. Film and TV studios pay more, give you way more freedom and more people see the fruits of your work. If you are even better, you can get your stuff published as books. The only story writers available that are great are also passionate about gaming, and go to companies that publish singleplayer story driven games like Witcher 3: TWH and so on. MMO publishers are pretty low on the list for great story writers to work for.

i think you are overthinking it

if you put it togeather with the previous two sentences

Glint: Welcome, Scion and Champion. If you're here, the final confrontation with Kralkatorrik is imminent.Glint: Hope can be powerful, but also dangerous. You must prove that you can strike as one.Glint: A better world is waiting to be born.

it's more of a mother's encouraging words

it is only after all the trials are completed, Glint reveals her secret

Glint: With you, Champion, I share my true legacy—and Kralkatorrik's greatest secret.Glint: He foresaw the possibility of a world at peace. A world without strife between dragons and mortals. A world without him.Glint: It terrified him. He demanded I help prevent it from coming to pass.Glint: But where he saw doom, I saw a gift to the world.Glint: I believe in this future—this fragile, powerful hope. But what my daughter must do will seem impossible to her.

and do note, Glint said Kalk foresaw a world without strife between dragons and mortals, future without himthis does not mean all the dragons are dead, just Kalk and possibly other Elder Dragons are gone, and mortals no longer fear of the dragons; possibly feeding magic through other sources without causing havoc on the populous. i.e. drain magic from magical artefacts as Zhaitan had

it had been suggested that Glint had planned to have her scions replacing the elder dragons, or at least just Kalk

@Yannir.4132 said:Great story-writers are hard to come by for the gaming industry. Film and TV studios pay more, give you way more freedom and more people see the fruits of your work. If you are even better, you can get your stuff published as books. The only story writers available that are great are also passionate about gaming, and go to companies that publish singleplayer story driven games like Witcher 3: TWH and so on. MMO publishers are pretty low on the list for great story writers to work for.

Because once you put a MMO online, #1 the story no longer belongs entirely to you; the players have some role too. #2 Unlike a standalone game, MMOs go on and on as long term investments, with more and more future writing expected. #1 is often hard for writers and game developers to accept until economic reality sets in, by which point it's often too late to save the game from failure. And #2 is a challenge that few are willing to take on without a substantial guarantee of money.

Archived