Name Change [Resolved] — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Name Change [Resolved]

Twilight Tempest.7584Twilight Tempest.7584 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 9, 2019 in PVP

I've never seen this before. In unranked, someone on the other team had a weird gibberish character name consisting of a few letters repeated several times. I distinctly remember seeing it on the team panel during countdown, and later within the match. But on the result panel after the match was over, the name was gone, and seemed to have been replaced with a different one entirely. Something troll-sounding starting with "Lol". I have a screenshot that shows the gibberish name in the chat log in the background of the result panel where the name is missing. Not sure if this is possible and why someone would do it. Any idea what's going on?

Comments

• Whitworth.7259Whitworth.7259 Member ✭✭✭

When you dc from the match at the end the character name is replaced with the account name, but in a different shade to the others. Maybe that's what happened

• Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Whitworth.7259 said:
    When you dc from the match at the end the character name is replaced with the account name, but in a different shade to the others. Maybe that's what happened

Or they have a fast internet connection and rerolled to a different character mid-match.
    Yes, you can reroll. But you have to be loaded back into the map within 45 seconds or you get kicked and dishonored.

• @Whitworth.7259 The shade of the new name appears the same as the others in my screenshot, but I guess that's what happened.

@Yannir.4132 I had no idea this was possible. I know they stayed on the same character through the match because I was fighting them when it ended.

Thanks for clearing this up. :smile:

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.