Mount, Skimmer, Water Improvement

Timo.1065

@Timo.1065 said:Hi,the only usable mount in water is Skimmer. Is it possible to implement one improvement.After we jump to water, game will change mount on bonded button on Skimmer. Just like weapon sets.

It's not a bad idea, but then you are assuming people want to use a mount on the water 100% of the time. What if the reason I went into the water was to dive down? Now I have to dismount in order to do so, which creates the exact same issue you're describing, that of people having to manually engage the mount.

I suppose they could add it to the Option panel?

@"Skotlex.7580" said:OP said to change the mount on the "bounded button", which I am guessing to mean the default mount whose whose icon displays in the lower right.

So it wouldn't mount/unmount anyone automatically. This would just be QOS for those who don't bind each mount to their own key.

Oh I see, my mistake. I mean sure, why not, but wouldn't it just be easier for players to bind a key then to ask the developer to re-write code?

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

It's not a bad idea, but then you are assuming people want to use a mount on the water 100% of the time. What if the reason I went into the water was to dive down? Now I have to dismount in order to do so, which creates the exact same issue you're describing, that of people having to manually engage the mount.

I suppose they could add it to the Option panel?Maybe i was not precise enough.After jump into the water, you will be dismount as normal. But if you have "X" as a mount button, and you rideed Raptor ealier, while you will be in the water you will have Skinner to pick as first.

Let us imagine a new player, who bought PoF, used the level 80 boost and decided to unlock all mounts (or at least the most useful ones) before he starts exploring tyria. Not that uncommon nowadays. Living Story maps are mostly empty if you decide to dive into any water-pool or ocean. In most cases it is just an empty area, with barely any NPCs to interact with. You have a few monsters, almost no caves or secrets, no treasure, except for a few rare occasions there are no rewards/achievements down there either = diving is often a waste of time.

In core-tyria however, we have a lot of underwater-content. We have beautiful mapping, unique events, a lot of secrets and hidden passages (some places can only be accessed by diving). Now imagine our new player from the above paragraph trying to explore core tyria or some of the LS maps with real underwater-content (e. g. Bitterfrost Frontier). He is probably going to miss a lot of stuff unintended.

I still have not given up my hopes for underwater-content in Guildwars 2.

@Ronan.9518 said:Just out of curiosity, you are aware you can set a seperate keybind for every mount?

Many people don't want to (or are unable to) keep track of that many keybinds. Not to mention that finding the real-estate on the keyboard for them isn't easy with as many things as you already need to bind. Doubly so that only what, 25% of the keyboard is easily reachable with your left hand without looking, and most of that is already bound to way more important things.

Binding for every mount is maybe useful for people who like to optimize their time on races or use them a ton for map completion, but for most players the OP's idea would be a huge convenience boost.

\=rollerbeetle, Z=Springer, X=Raptor, C=Skimmer, V=Jackal, B=Griffon. I hear you about the Key-real estate being scarce, but I found a way so that my left hand never has to move around the keyboard anymore: it just hovers over the first 4x5 keys, plus the macro keys to the left for my pinky. :) G510 keyboard for the win. Key 5 is as far as my hand will move (6-0 are all to the left on G510 macro keys). F5 (special action key) is the farthest key, and I hate to use it. :) Damn those champions where I have to use it!

I would love it, but only if it reverted to its previous selection upon leaving the deep water area (even if that selection was a skimmer and this means simply remaining on that choice). The reason is that especially over small patches of water, this could make for difficulties as you have to change your mount selection upon reaching the other side. I'd imagine that even if you leapt over the water it might change your selection to skimmer, which wouldn't be desirable.

Archived