Which of the new elites can use power gear and still be decent?

Aldath.1275

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Holosmith and Deadeye works with Power, so do Spellbreaker and Renegade. Power Soulbeast also does amazing burst.

How does power renegade works?I have one geared with full exotic zerk armor and Shortbow, with ascended viper back and trinkets, and I feel he hits like a wet noodle with Shortbow....

@Aldath.1275 said:

@Ojimaru.8970 said:Holosmith and Deadeye works with Power, so do Spellbreaker and Renegade. Power Soulbeast also does amazing burst.

How does power renegade works?I have one geared with full exotic zerk armor and Shortbow, with ascended viper back and trinkets, and I feel he hits like a wet noodle with Shortbow....

It primarily works by not using shortbow or the Renegade legend at all. I was finding decent success with the Assassin and Dwarf legends on swap with one another and dual swords/staff or hammer. You're really just looking to maximize your ferocity and critical chance, which is something that Rev is already pretty decent at, and the stacking Fervor buff on Renegade only helps with.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Aldath.1275 said:

It primarily works by not using shortbow or the Renegade legend at all. I was finding decent success with the Assassin and Dwarf legends on swap with one another and dual swords/staff or hammer. You're really just looking to maximize your ferocity and critical chance, which is something that Rev is already pretty decent at, and the stacking Fervor buff on Renegade only helps with.

I run power gear renegade for non-meta PvE. It is really good, but not in regards to dps but in regards to survival. I do just shy of 10k dps single target, but I can survive just about anything.

I think it meets the criteria of being decent for non-meta, though compared to the others the dps is low.

Power Renegade is objectively weaker, less useful and more fragile than Power Herald. And way weaker than Viper Renegade.Similar for Soulbeast: the condi one shits on the power one.

@Kidel.2057 said:

Power Renegade is objectively weaker, less useful and more fragile than Power Herald. And way weaker than Viper Renegade.Similar for Soulbeast: the condi one kitten on the power one.

That is actually NOT true at all. Power Revenant with the exact two same Revenant traitlines, using the Shiro and Dwarf legend flat out does more power damage with ten stacks of Kalla's Fervor than any damage bonuses from Herald (2% per boon) because of automatic crit chance bonuses that are inherant to both Rev and Renegade and the absolutely obscene amounts of ferocity that Renegade is capable of (can be pushed as high as 283% critical damage with food and utility buffs, while still having 100% crit chance, if you use valk trinkets with zerk weapons/armor and take full advantage of crit bonuses). Viper still beats it, for sure, but if we're talking just running around in general pve power renegade does a lot higher damage than power herald.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Kidel.2057 said:

Power Renegade is objectively weaker, less useful and more fragile than Power Herald. And way weaker than Viper Renegade.Similar for Soulbeast: the condi one kitten on the power one.

That is actually NOT true at all. Power Revenant with the exact two same Revenant traitlines, using the Shiro and Dwarf legend flat out does more power damage with ten stacks of Kalla's Fervor than any damage bonuses from Herald (2% per boon) because of automatic crit chance bonuses that are inherant to both Rev and Renegade and the absolutely
obscene
amounts of ferocity that Renegade is capable of (can be pushed as high as 283% critical damage with food and utility buffs, while still having 100% crit chance, if you use valk trinkets with zerk weapons/armor and take full advantage of crit bonuses). Viper still beats it, for sure, but if we're talking just running around in general pve power renegade does a lot higher damage than power herald.

For power rev, you will need someone else to provide the buffs in solo PvE. Though in a raid, if you are just doing dps renegade surely will do more damage.

@otto.5684 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Kidel.2057 said:

That is actually NOT true at all. Power Revenant with the exact two same Revenant traitlines, using the Shiro and Dwarf legend flat out does more power damage with ten stacks of Kalla's Fervor than any damage bonuses from Herald (2% per boon) because of automatic crit chance bonuses that are inherant to both Rev and Renegade and the absolutely
obscene
amounts of ferocity that Renegade is capable of (can be pushed as high as 283% critical damage with food and utility buffs, while still having 100% crit chance, if you use valk trinkets with zerk weapons/armor and take full advantage of crit bonuses). Viper still beats it, for sure, but if we're talking just running around in general pve power renegade does a lot higher damage than power herald.

For power rev, you will need someone else to provide the buffs in solo PvE. Though in a raid, if you are just doing dps renegade surely will do more damage.

If you're talking about the primary damage boons that you would get from Herald, Might and Fury, then you don't need anyone else to provide them as I end up with plenty of both running around solo in pve, and am definitely doing more damage than herald though my survivability is much lower as herald carries the best self heal (not counting renegade legend as I haven't really been using his legend and so tbh am not sure how decent that heal is... just the traitline for Kalla's)

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@otto.5684 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Kidel.2057 said:

obscene

If you're talking about the primary damage boons that you would get from Herald, Might and Fury, then you don't need anyone else to provide them as I end up with plenty of both running around solo in pve, and am definitely doing more damage than herald though my survivability is much lower as herald carries the best self heal (not counting renegade legend as I haven't really been using his legend and so tbh am not sure how decent that heal is... just the traitline for Kalla's)

If you are talking the direct heal, it isn't as good as herald in that it isn't fire and forget with low upkeep. It does however last 10 seconds, pulse heals, and give you 50% reduction in condition damage.

You get a great amount of healing though with skills from the legend line. Despite whatever rumors, soulcleave doesn't have an ICD for the damage/healing. You can do all sorts of combos with it for burst healing.

Soulcleave + unrelenting assualt = 5 procs of soulcleave and 4 seconds of protection.

Soulcleave + unrelenting assault + breakrazors = above + 10 seconds of 50% condition damage reduction and pulsing heal and 8 seconds of protection.

Soulcleave + Darkrazor = 6 procs of soulcleave and heals from sigil of draining, plus you get 8 seconds of protection. This one though eats through your energy and you only get 4 procs if you switch and fire it off. If you get a few interrupts though, you are good.

@Vindicus.2130 said:Power is dead in gw2, has been for a long time. Your only real option is weaver. Why anet sits on their hands while most weapons and builds are useless if not condition-centric is beyond me but hey, they're makin' the big bucks.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm just going to play real casual until destiny comes out than come back when they make it better.

@Zin.6170 said:

@Vindicus.2130 said:Power is dead in gw2, has been for a long time. Your only real option is weaver. Why anet sits on their hands while most weapons and builds are useless if not condition-centric is beyond me but hey, they're makin' the big bucks.

Yeah, it sucks. I'm just going to play real casual until destiny comes out than come back when they make it better.

Destiny 2 has been out nearly a month now.....

@Sylent.3165 said:

@Zin.6170 said:

Destiny 2 has been out nearly a month now.....

Ahem....bow before your PC master

Archived