What Reward track are you working on?

Turkeyspit.3965

I'm curious, assuming you're not working towards a specific goal like GoB or to unlock a complete set of skins, what reward track do you choose to work on?

I've been doing Heart of Maguuma recently because I wanted to unlock all the Auric Weapon skins; now that's done, so now I'm working on the Leystone Armor skins, even though I don't really care for them, so I'm wondering if I could be completing something more profitable.

Just to note, I'm not working on a leg that requires a GoB, I have about 350 WvW potions tucked away in case I need a track completed urgently (like if I decided I needed a GoB :) ), and I also have 10 unopened Triumphant Armor boxes in the bank. I've also already completed all the non-repeatable tracks that reward 7 clovers.

Suggestions?

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:As a caveat to that question I would like to know which track gives the most Tomes of Knowledge.

Most reward 1 per tier, but some dont. You can always check on the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Reward_Track and see which ones give them each tier.

You also get a ToK from leveling up your WvW rank, so keeping that WXP flowing will also help. I have over 500 ToK in my bank atm on a 12month old account =/

I'm going through the Heart of Thorns tracks on my main account, just for something to do. I might switch over to the Dry Top bug weapons though.

On my 2nd account I'm doing the Dry Top bugs, since that'll give me a free piece of Ascended (I'm up to 3 pieces from drops so far).

In both cases, I hoard all my WVW daily potions in case there's something I decide I want quickly. I'm up to a few hundred on each account. No more Gifts of Battle for me! I'm in the process of my 4th and final map completion now, and even with mounts, I know I can't bring myself to ever do that again.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:As a caveat to that question I would like to know which track gives the most Tomes of Knowledge.

Most reward 1 per tier, but some dont. You can always check on the wiki
and see which ones give them each tier.

You also get a ToK from leveling up your WvW rank, so keeping that WXP flowing will also help. I have over 500 ToK in my bank atm on a 12month old account =/

I understand. but was looking to see if any of the bags in any of the tracks contained them as well.

I do the Triumphant Reward Track over and over because I like to experiment with builds and it has all stat sets available. Every time a LW episode comes out, I'll chug down 80 potions of that reward track so I can get the map skin. Otherwise I'll switch to a different one if I need something in particular.

I usually work up to a full stack of whatever a new episode currency is after getting what I need from that map and then I go back to Gift of Battle track, there's enough filler variety on that one to sell or hold and since I don't get a lot of time to play I just build up to slowly turn my main gear set into legendary.

If I'm not collecting for a specific skin/rune/sigil/token from dungeon track, then I am either going to do any track which gives shipments to slowly inch my way to collecting enough mats for whatever reason, but by default I am almost ALWAYS doing triumphant armor or crystal desert reward track because I need as many exotic armors that I can select stats with to test builds of which I am disgustingly obsessed with doing. That and I kind of hate crafting them, especially if they are exo since it would probably be bad for the non existant gold I have. I would prefer triumphant armor since those can be salvaged, but I do desert ones if I don't care about losing the runes in the armor or just need some yellows & trade contracts along the way.

Gift of Battle one. This is mainly because i already have finished the rest. But the GoB does give me a valuable combo of items which i find worth repeating the track for. Tomes are important for me. I keep making (and deleting) characters. including for the weekly key farm. Mystic Clovers are another reason. Even tho i dont actively farm or save up for a legendary. These will come in handy if i decide to do so. And the final gift itself. Again i dont need it, but it will if i decide to go for it. Also if i ever get bored with wvw. i dont have worry about setting foot in there for a long while. cause i got plenty of that

Gift of Battle because I enjoy getting Gemstones and don't really care about anything else.

Other than that I will probably switch to the Kourna one because I want to craft the backpiece and have Shards to spare for the inevitable Aurora 2.0 we all know it's coming better stock up on stacks of map currency before it's upon us.

@LaGranse.8652 said:Got blodstone fen rewardtrack on infinite loop so when I need new accessories I can easilly buy them.

I recommend getting the karma harvesting tools from Bitterfrost. That way you can acquire the volatile magic (or whatever it's called) since you like quite a bit for the trinkets, amulet, and back piece.

I put about 8 of each (12 of the sickle) into the bank.

@juno.1840 said:

@LaGranse.8652 said:Got blodstone fen rewardtrack on infinite loop so when I need new accessories I can easilly buy them.

I recommend getting the karma harvesting tools from Bitterfrost. That way you can acquire the volatile magic (or whatever it's called) since you like quite a bit for the trinkets, amulet, and back piece.

I put about 8 of each (12 of the sickle) into the bank.

I just pick and eat some winter berries usually. More.. convenient in my opinion

I think I'm currently working on the ambrite weapons collection. I know I swapped at some point to a dungeon reward track to make some progress towards completing that collection finally, but the ambrite weapons are something I actually like. I get so easily distracted though that I'll probably log in and find that I'm doing something else entirely and I can't remember why.

Archived