Silverwastes: shovels vs keys of greater nightmare

Gorkus.7496

I've managed to get a stack of these keys of greater nightmare because I've never ventured into the labyrinth during the time out. I've always participated in the shovel/bandit chest run instead. My question is: is it worth missing a SW chest run to run the pod event in the labyrinth? It's a zero sum choice, one or the other. I was curios what others thought about the subject as I haven't really noticed labyrinth runs on the LFG as opposed to the plethora of bandit chest runs.

@"Gorkus.7496" said:I've managed to get a stack of these keys of greater nightmare because I've never ventured into the labyrinth during the time out. I've always participated in the shovel/bandit chest run instead. My question is: is it worth missing a SW chest run to run the pod event in the labyrinth? It's a zero sum choice, one or the other. I was curios what others thought about the subject as I haven't really noticed labyrinth runs on the LFG as opposed to the plethora of bandit chest runs.

I think you're leaving a lot of loot on the table that requires near-zero effort to acquire.(However, managing the loot... you'll want plenty of empty inventory & salvage kits; it's a lot easier now that we don't get runes & sigils dropping, but you might also want a vendor.)

I don't have a good estimate for the value of the contents of the Greater chest (not enough data). But it has a more interesting loot table. You can use Silveress farming tools to estimate the value, if you logon appropriately right before and check value right after opening... then you can tell us how good (or how bad) the chests are.

tl;dr in your shoes, I'd open them; I doubt you'll lose out in terms of overall value.

@perilisk.1874 said:Just remember that the big chest resets after a few seconds or so, so you can save up a stack of keys, and spend them all at once. With mounts, getting to the center is pretty trivial.

This is why is was a bit confused by OP's question. You can easily go a full loop around SW opening chests and still have several minutes to open the greater nightmare pod.

@phs.6089 said:its worth to neglect cehst train and get into lab. Bare in mind it's timed and the most you can use is 100 keys.Good to know; thanks for posting that.

100 in 18 minutes? Well let's say 16 minutes due to time spent avoiding doggos. That's one chest every 10 seconds.I was probably thinking just about the channeling (opening) time and forgot about the aftercast (cooldown) before opening again.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Adding also, the maze event is kind of fun. (Though I've never heard of the event actually being 'successful.')

Back in the day, people did it a lot because you earn greater nightmare keys. That was when some of the drops were harder to acquire and before RIBA ... and when only some people knew how to run a profitable chest train during the Time Out. These days, it's generally inefficient compared to chest train or even just taking a breather so you can avoid burn out.

Archived