Vampire Daredevil?

Tealots.6095

Hey thief forum. I very rarely post, and am worried this is a dumb discussion. That being said, when HoT first came out, Skai posted a montage featuring a Vampire Daredevil build (

).

Is a build like this still workable? I'm pretty much only an SPvPer, but am curious to bring my thief into WvW and like the idea of using Headshot and Distracting Daggers to load up damage from a distance before spiking with Steal/Dagger bursts. I'm also imagining that the combination of Mug + Impacting Disruption + Sigil of Draining + Sigil of Absorption turn steal into quite a monstrous ability. (Theoretically, you rip 6 boons, do about 1,200 with Mug, 1,000 with draining and 2,000 with pulmonary impact — not factoring in much might at all [assuming you stole some] or bounding dodger [below].)

I'm also curious about the synergy of Superior Runes of the Zephyrite with Bounding Dodger. In my imagination, having superspeed after a leap/dodge could be clutch for chasing and/or granting yourself some space. An extra 10 percent physical damage couldn't hurt.)

Eager to hear any and all input. Please be kind.

<3 Tealot

@Tealots.6095 said:Is a build like this still workable? I'm pretty much only an SPvPer, but am curious to bring my thief into WvW and like the idea of using Headshot and Distracting Daggers to load up damage from a distance before spiking with Steal/Dagger bursts. I'm also imagining that the combination of Mug + Impacting Disruption + Sigil of Draining + Sigil of Absorption turn steal into quite a monstrous ability. (Theoretically, you rip 6 boons, do about 1,200 with Mug, 1,000 with draining and 2,000 with pulmonary impact — not factoring in much might at all [assuming you stole some] or bounding dodger [below].)

Yes since D/P DareDevil is still meta and I also run it in Wvw. The Rune might be useful but I feel like you can use other runes to better suit the Wvw. But thats your call since they change vampirism rune now. My only issue is Distracting Daggers; in Wvw I don't believe its that useful imo since you don't get one vs one that much in Wvw to make it useful. Headshot should be good enough for that. But since it's wvw then you can make it work some how.

I'm also curious about the synergy of Superior Runes of the Zephyrite with Bounding Dodger. In my imagination, having superspeed after a leap/dodge could be clutch for chasing and/or granting yourself some space. An extra 10 percent physical damage couldn't hurt.)

I am curious of Zephyrite on thief too. I want to see if anybody have used this before.

@Xenji.4907 said:

@Tealots.6095 said:Is a build like this still workable? I'm pretty much only an SPvPer, but am curious to bring my thief into WvW and like the idea of using Headshot and Distracting Daggers to load up damage from a distance before spiking with Steal/Dagger bursts. I'm also imagining that the combination of Mug + Impacting Disruption + Sigil of Draining + Sigil of Absorption turn steal into quite a monstrous ability. (Theoretically, you rip 6 boons, do about 1,200 with Mug, 1,000 with draining and 2,000 with pulmonary impact — not factoring in much might at all [assuming you stole some] or bounding dodger [below].)

Yes since D/P DareDevil is still meta and I also run it in Wvw. The Rune might be useful but I feel like you can use other runes to better suit the Wvw. But thats your call since they change vampirism rune now. My only issue is Distracting Daggers; in Wvw I don't believe its that useful imo since you don't get one vs one that much in Wvw to make it useful. Headshot should be good enough for that. But since it's wvw then you can make it work some how.

I'm
also
curious about the synergy of Superior Runes of the Zephyrite with Bounding Dodger. In my imagination, having superspeed after a leap/dodge could be clutch for chasing and/or granting yourself some space. An extra 10 percent physical damage couldn't hurt.)

I am curious of Zephyrite on thief too. I want to see if anybody have used this before.

Does the leap have to finish from a field for superspeed to take effect? I wouldn't bother with the rest of the rune set so I never bothered to check that part of it.

@"kash.9213" said:Does the leap have to finish from a field for superspeed to take effect? I wouldn't bother with the rest of the rune set so I never bothered to check that part of it.

"Successfully using a leap finisher grants you superspeed for 3 seconds."

leap - Heart seekerleap finisher - Heart seeker + field.

@Xenji.4907 said:

@"kash.9213" said:Does the leap have to finish from a field for superspeed to take effect? I wouldn't bother with the rest of the rune set so I never bothered to check that part of it.

"Successfully using a
leap finisher
grants you superspeed for 3 seconds."

leap - Heart seekerleap finisher - Heart seeker + field.

Ya I felt dumb typing it but the quote made it sound like just that and bounding dodger was doing it for them when I'm thinking you need to be able to lay down fields often but then why bother with that if you can just take shortbow?

@kash.9213 said:Ya I felt dumb typing it but the quote made it sound like just that and bounding dodger was doing it for them when I'm thinking you need to be able to lay down fields often but then why bother with that if you can just take shortbow?

Yeah i agree since I love shortbow for that teleport. But when ever I get into that phrase to make dual daggers work for wvw/pvp. I think of Zephyrite rune with smoke screen and together it more be more doable for speed and invis outside of combat. If it works well on that then I would do it and love it. xD

Archived