blues greens magic find luck — Guild Wars 2 Forums

blues greens magic find luck

I have now maxed magic find.
I have been salvaging blues and greens for so many years now - I don't know what to do with them now.

Do you continue to salvage them after maxing MF or do you just sell them, or... do I mystic forge them?

Anet, what do you want me to do with these blue green drops, I obviously can't equip them. and even with MF maxed, you aren't dropping me any exotics.

So maybe after we max MF we could cut out the middle man and you could change the loot table to be coin, and other stuff and precursers…
Please anet, recognize the flaw in your game, and fix it. its ok to admit your mistakes.
~~~~

Comments

  • That's nice and all, but I maxed that out pretty quick, only allows 25 ap

  • Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2019

    @Reanne.5462 said:

    That's nice and all, but I maxed that out pretty quick, only allows 25 ap

    You keep getting the reward, without the AP. It's only 7.04 silver per 1000 luck, but that's 7.04 silver more than we have ever gotten from excess luck.

    8x Red Festival Lantern, which vendor at 0.88 copper each.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Ok, so the consensus is continue to salvage my greens and blues? and save my luck all year, waiting for the new year event to start again?
    or is there a better use for greens blues? is that 7.04 silver more than I would get, selling the drops to merchant, saving the cost of salvage and time spent?

  • lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Well there are crazy persons like me out there, that keep salvaging and consuming. It doesn't raise your level above 300 but the number gets bigger. And maybe, just maybe one day, ANet will raise the cap and all the luck i consumed will count for something. Until then my reward is not having to delete or even worse, store it.

    If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

  • @Reanne.5462 said:
    Ok, so the consensus is continue to salvage my greens and blues? and save my luck all year, waiting for the new year event to start again?
    or is there a better use for greens blues? is that 7.04 silver more than I would get, selling the drops to merchant, saving the cost of salvage and time spent?

    I think you've misunderstood. You should salvage greens & blues regardless, because (a) it's usually more coin than selling on the TP and (b) even when it's not, it's much, much faster. Sell the mats when you storage is full, for whatever price you can get for them. The luck is not a factor in that decision.

    After, you end up with lots of essences of luck. Any character can become an artificer to combine the smaller luck into exotic. I recommend that. This year, Drooburt will take luck (5x exotic) for one reward and that is not only the best it is absolutely the only bulk luck sink that the game has offered.

    As to whether you should save luck after LNY ends: that's up to you. If you have the space, sure, no reason not to hoard it. If you lack space, then delete it. It's not that much gold.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

    I salvage green and blues for the materials, not the magic find. So yes, continue doing that, as it's much faster than any other alternative.

  • @lokh.2695 said:
    Well there are crazy persons like me out there, that keep salvaging and consuming. It doesn't raise your level above 300 but the number gets bigger. And maybe, just maybe one day, ANet will raise the cap and all the luck i consumed will count for something. Until then my reward is not having to delete or even worse, store it.

    Yeah, I started doing that about 4 months ago because I was sure ANet would never offer any sort of luck sink. Oops, since I also consumed about half the exotic stacks I was tired of storing.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Other than increasing greens, luck is a placebo for the luck you used to be able to put on your gear at launch.

  • @Muusic.2967 said:
    Other than increasing greens, luck is a placebo for the luck you used to be able to put on your gear at launch.

    It's much, much better than that, because it was all-but-impossible to gain 300% MF even on a single character, without sacrificing everything else; now, it's trivial to have 200+% covering all your toons.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019

    @Reanne.5462 said:
    Ok, so the consensus is continue to salvage my greens and blues?

    I don't think that's a wise idea. I recommend selling them at the TP for money. It's what I do (unless you are currently wealthy, then you can try your luck at the Mystic Forge). Charms and symbols are pretty cheap at the TP as well, so not worth salvaging for those, either.

    @Skotlex.7580 said:
    I salvage green and blues for the materials, not the magic find. So yes, continue doing that, as it's much faster than any other alternative.

    There are more efficient ways to get materials these days, like Volatile Magic.

  • Skotlex.7580Skotlex.7580 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ashantara.8731 said:
    There are more efficient ways to get materials these days, like Volatile Magic.

    because of the amount of loot that drops nowadays, I started selling only loot that goes above a certain threshold and salvage all else. I can't imagine somebody would have the patience to list the ~200 fine/masterwork stuff I get after one hour in Istan. x_x

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.