Put a message about 15k AP cap under achiev number!

I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post and ask about "AP bug" just to be told over and over that they've reached a cap and none of them bother googling what they think is a ''bug " themselves before posting.It's about time you just put a message under the achievement number.

Example:

AP: 30.000(Daily 15.000 cap achieved: you will no longer get AP from dailies)

Edit: I KNOW this was said before, so no need to tell me. It's just that Anet doesn't seem to care to finally add a simple line.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cap needs to be increased imo..For people who don't play pvp and wvw.. once we hit the cap we're pretty much screwed until new content comes along.. and even then it's barely enough to make much progress.

That tiny bit of AP per day for some people was the only AP they got or could rely on to work towards the next reward..I barely bother with dailies anymore since there's no AP to earn.. the 2g per day incentive rapidly looses value once you've sold a legendary weapon XD

• ArenaNet Staff

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post and ask about "AP bug" just to be told over and over that they've reached a cap and none of them bother googling what they think is a ''bug " themselves before posting.It's about time you just put a message under the achievement number.

Example:

Edit: I KNOW this was said before, so no need to tell me. It's just that Anet doesn't seem to care to finally add a simple line.

I can ask about this. I am not sure if it's been discussed or assessed for possible implementation, or whether there's a known reason we could not add it. But I'll try to find out.

@Teratus.2859 said:Cap needs to be increased imo..For people who don't play pvp and wvw.. once we hit the cap we're pretty much screwed until new content comes along.. and even then it's barely enough to make much progress.

That tiny bit of AP per day for some people was the only AP they got or could rely on to work towards the next reward..I barely bother with dailies anymore since there's no AP to earn.. the 2g per day incentive rapidly looses value once you've sold a legendary weapon XD

Funny enough the ones who are starved for ap is the wvw and pvp crowd.They dont get ap added through living story every 3ish months.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I can ask about this. I am not sure if it's been discussed or assessed for possible implementation, or whether there's a known reason we could not add it. But I'll try to find out.

It would sadden me if it's never been discussed, as one or more of us have been suggesting this since the cap was introduced, pretty much any time there's more than one post here or on Reddit from someone who was confused. I can understand if it's been considered and put aside because there are other priorities; I just hope that people have spent some time on it.

Because... it affects anyone who plays the game for long enough, ANet's loyalists (if only in endurance).

Among the suggestions made in the past include:

• A letter from Scholar Atli that triggers upon hitting the cap.
  • An achievement for reaching the cap (with or without a reward). Perhaps, "My Cap's On To You" or "Daily Grinder" or "End Game"
  • Just putting the amount of the cap in the achievement panel, with progress -- after all, the mouseover displays the daily & monthly already.
  • Adding to the description in "Daily Completionist" (that's the one that tracks the 3 chieves/day). Right now it says "Complete any 3 PvE..." and shows a 10 point reward. So just changing that to "Complete any 3 PvE etc; this achievement has a cap of 15000 AP over the account's lifetime."

@Linken.6345 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:Cap needs to be increased imo..For people who don't play pvp and wvw.. once we hit the cap we're pretty much screwed until new content comes along.. and even then it's barely enough to make much progress.

Funny enough the ones who are starved for ap is the wvw and pvp crowd.They dont get ap added through living story every 3ish months.

Indeed, daily AP again is likely their main source of new AP too.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:I cannot tell you how many times I've seen people post and ask about "AP bug" just to be told over and over that they've reached a cap and none of them bother googling what they think is a ''bug " themselves before posting.It's about time you just put a message under the achievement number.

Example:

I can ask about this. I am not sure if it's been discussed or assessed for possible implementation, or whether there's a known reason we could not add it. But I'll try to find out.

Are there any chances you can also ask around and see if the 15k cap will ever get lifted? Not going to lie, I tend to log in just to do my daily for the AP and ever since I hit the cap, I rarely log in if at all.

@DanteZero.9736 said:

Example:

Are there any chances you can also ask around and see if the 15k cap will ever get lifted? Not going to lie, I tend to log in just to do my daily for the AP and ever since I hit the cap, I rarely log in if at all.

Agreed, the cap never should have been put in place, it only catered for the casuals who didnt want to log in and play everyday.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Agreed, the cap never should have been put in place, it only catered for the casuals who didnt want to log in and play everyday.

I disagree with this interpretation. I think it was rather the opposite: it was put in place to remove the crushing pressure some players felt to never miss a day and to do every single daily there was lest they miss out on a smidge of AP and fall behind on the leaderboards.

I personally would love the cap to rise. I've been capped for quite a while now and am struggling towards 30K (500ish to go). I don't even look at the leaderboards, they simply don't matter to me, I'm fine with missing days, but I really would like a slow steady AP income to supplement the feast/famine as content is released.

I like a the cap, as a latecomer it always suck in games when there is no chance you can catch up, regardless of effort you put into you will always be behind because you didn't play early enough and for that reason alone you are get shafted. God i despise such systems. It's like 5 years of dailies anyways i think that's great.

I've always been of the belief that things like diminishing returns are not helpful to players who are playing the game as intended and that the cap on daily AP is a punishment to players who log in and complete their daily activities as intended. If there's a concern that people would achieve AP 'too quickly', it is easily debated by the idea that dailies can only be completed once every 24 hours and by the reality that the rewards in the achievement boxes are negligible aside from the occasional gem and armor unlocks.

Simply put, if people are playing the game as intended, then reward them as intended. If you are concerned about abuse of the system, then handle the abusers.

@Donari.5237 said:

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Agreed, the cap never should have been put in place, it only catered for the casuals who didnt want to log in and play everyday.

I disagree with this interpretation. I think it was rather the opposite: it was put in place to remove the crushing pressure some players felt to never miss a day and to do every single daily there was lest they miss out on a smidge of AP and fall behind on the leaderboards.

Crushing pressure? Wow. If anyone feels that way, they should stop playing video games. Really, that's not healthy.

Regardless, I disagree with this interpretation. That may have been part of the rationale offered by ANet. If they really cared about players feeling pressure to play constantly, they'd stop putting reward grind into the game. Of course, that would kill the game, so not gonna happen.

No, the cap was put in because ANet needs grind to keep players playing. That's kind of the way MMO's are. A significant section of the player-base plays way too much, and developers keep them (and everyone else) playing by dangling rewards acquired via lengthy play (sometimes, lengthy repetitive play.). Meanwhile, the company makes money because people keep playing. Capping the daily AP means that if people want the AP rewards, they get/have to pursue the AP ANet trickles into the game.

The cap is here to stay. Since it is, a message might be a good idea.

@Linken.6345 said:

There should be some more suggestions as to what every PvP or WvW player can actually achieve, that doesnt involve hurting the game mode by adding non essential 'objectives'.

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:

Crushing pressure? Wow. If anyone feels that way, they should stop playing video games. Really, that's not healthy.Oh, i don't exactly disagree. Nevertheless, that
was
the reason for introducing daily cap. It was primarily the high achievers that were asking for it, because (now that they've already secured top places on the leaderboards), they wanted to be able to no longer work as intensively as before in order to keep those.

No, the cap was put in because ANet needs grind to keep players playing. That's kind of the way MMO's are. A significant section of the player-base plays way too much, and developers keep them (and everyone else) playing by dangling rewards acquired via lengthy play (sometimes, lengthy repetitive play.). Meanwhile, the company makes money because people keep playing. Capping the daily AP means that if people want the AP rewards, they get/have to pursue the AP ANet trickles into the game.It's exactly opposite. After people hit the cap, that mean they are far less incentivized to keep logging every day. If they aren't incentivized to do so, they may start taking longer breaks. And that of course means there's lowered player presence in game (never a good thing) and also such players are less likely to use gemshop. Also, this works even on players that haven't yet reached the cap. They may not feel as pressured against taking a break, because they know that, due to cap, they will eventually catch up anyway.

Thus, the cap actually disincentivizes grind.

@Linken.6345 said:

As a WvW only player - don't care at all about AP

@Linken.6345 said:

Completely disagree. I never touch PvE and rarely play WvW unless I am grabbing a daily (Vet, big spender,ruin) or following a reward path and I am sure there are many other. Taking off the cap or increasing would be a great solution.

Quoting myself here:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:It would be nice if the dailies-for-AP system would get extended for one with diminishing returns. like:

Completing three dailies:10Ap/day for the first 15,0005Ap/day for 15,000 - 25,0003Ap/day for 25,000 - 35,0002Ap/day for 35,000 - 45,0001Ap/day for 45,000+

Numbers can be changed and are just to indicate the principle.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/202581/#Comment_202581https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/366028/#Comment_366028

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Crushing pressure? Wow. If anyone feels that way, they should stop playing video games. Really, that's not healthy.Oh, i don't exactly disagree. Nevertheless, that
was
the reason for introducing daily cap. It was primarily the high achievers that were asking for it, because (now that they've already secured top places on the leaderboards), they wanted to be able to no longer work as intensively as before in order to keep those.

No, the cap was put in because ANet needs grind to keep players playing. That's kind of the way MMO's are. A significant section of the player-base plays way too much, and developers keep them (and everyone else) playing by dangling rewards acquired via lengthy play (sometimes, lengthy repetitive play.). Meanwhile, the company makes money because people keep playing. Capping the daily AP means that if people want the AP rewards, they get/have to pursue the AP ANet trickles into the game.It's exactly opposite. After people hit the cap, that mean they are far less incentivized to keep logging every day. If they aren't incentivized to do so, they may start taking longer breaks. And that of course means there's lowered player presence in game (never a good thing) and also such players are less likely to use gemshop. Also, this works even on players that haven't yet reached the cap. They may not feel as pressured against taking a break, because they know that, due to cap, they will eventually catch up anyway.

Thus, the cap actually
disincentivizes
grind.

Because endless grind is a great way to keep players playing a game they are otherwise done with.

@Blude.6812 said:

Completely disagree. I never touch PvE and rarely play WvW unless I am grabbing a daily (Vet, big spender,ruin) or following a reward path and I am sure there are many other. Taking off the cap or increasing would be a great solution.

So you dont pve and wvw got it.Since you pvp the other people I say are starved for ap how do you disagree with my statment again?Maybe you wanted to quote Teratus.2859

@Kal Spiro.9745 said:

Oh the irony, posting things that have been posted before in an attempted to curb people posting things that have been posted before.

and the difference is that there are not a handful of posts like mine, because something would've been done if people posted constantly.while you can find posts about cap every week.

Archived