"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week - Page 8 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

"Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week

1234568>

Comments

  • Should be gvg support but it'll be mounts of gem store skins for claimed objectives or some other worthless thing.

  • If its GvG support i'll use my whole paycheck on gemstore

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Well, I called it.

    Looking forward to all you that swore you would quit leaving.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • StrawHat.2639StrawHat.2639 Member ✭✭✭

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Well, I called it.

    Looking forward to all you that swore you would quit leaving.

    I won't quite just reduce my hours even more is all, other games I want to play tho single players so shrug.
    See you on the field less Tacos!

    Sanji
    Lost last glimmer of enthusiasm for WvW

    Anet dragon has finally defeated the
    **WvW WarBorn **
    He's over 7000!
    Havok lover with a sprinkle of Zerging

  • Going to wait and see how it plays out and what is exactly involved in getting the mount.

    It could be "Purrrrrr-fect" ;)

    (I'll get my coat now.............)

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Yeah cause the game mode has definitely grown since gliders were introduced.

    You could pretty much say that for any changes. Nerfing condi last year didn't grow the mode either. The game is 6 years old, it's not 2012. We have seen entire games come and die. We are still here.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Old ugly EB removed and replaced with another DBL so we got two of each. For balance!

    This saddens me because it seems so plausible.

    Greck Howlbane - Firebrand
    Sorrow's Furnace For Life

  • juno.1840juno.1840 Member ✭✭✭

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:

    @juno.1840 said:
    My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

    Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

    Keep telling yourself that. My activity is logging in about once every few months. I log in, get cheesed a few times, shake my head, play the cheese, get bored after about an hour or two, and log out. My guild similarly quit in entirety in this manner where every once in a while we might run reset on a BL - largely uncontested - mostly just to play a game all together. As I've said basically since HoT: The forum PvP is more interesting than the in-game PvP thanks to how horrendous the balance/game-state is.

    Mounts will definitely be the straw that totally breaks the camel's back for me, considering I haven't played the story since Bitterfrost Frontier, and even that was solely because of the reward tracks for ascended aquabreathers/re-rollable ascended accessories from Bloodstone Fen before they were implemented as WvW/sPvP rewards. I unlock elite specs etc. through WvW rewards. I say this outright: I absolutely do not care what happens in this game's story or open world.

    I thus don't have a mount unlocked, and to be honest, don't care enough to bother.

    If ANet's "big news" for WvW is to add mounts into the format, it just absolutely confirms they really are just downright detached from its playerbase.

    Sounds like you already quit -- that wasn't due to mounts now was it.

  • DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @juno.1840 said:

    @DeceiverX.8361 said:

    @juno.1840 said:
    My money is on mounts. It just makes sense. Everyone saying they'll quit the game is straight up lying. If you haven't quit by now, mounts certainly wont push you over the edge.

    Whatever it is, I hope the community doesn't slaughter ANet in the forums. It's one thing to complain that devs don't care about WvW. It's another to beat them down when they actually do something.

    Keep telling yourself that. My activity is logging in about once every few months. I log in, get cheesed a few times, shake my head, play the cheese, get bored after about an hour or two, and log out. My guild similarly quit in entirety in this manner where every once in a while we might run reset on a BL - largely uncontested - mostly just to play a game all together. As I've said basically since HoT: The forum PvP is more interesting than the in-game PvP thanks to how horrendous the balance/game-state is.

    Mounts will definitely be the straw that totally breaks the camel's back for me, considering I haven't played the story since Bitterfrost Frontier, and even that was solely because of the reward tracks for ascended aquabreathers/re-rollable ascended accessories from Bloodstone Fen before they were implemented as WvW/sPvP rewards. I unlock elite specs etc. through WvW rewards. I say this outright: I absolutely do not care what happens in this game's story or open world.

    I thus don't have a mount unlocked, and to be honest, don't care enough to bother.

    If ANet's "big news" for WvW is to add mounts into the format, it just absolutely confirms they really are just downright detached from its playerbase.

    Sounds like you already quit -- that wasn't due to mounts now was it.

    I'm not very active if that's what you mean by "quit."

    Mounts are just assurance I will never return.

    You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

  • Redseven.3985Redseven.3985 Member ✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

    Just awful news. it's so ironic you'd expect it was a troll or an April fools joke

  • XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

    @Artaz.3819 said:

    @XECOR.2814 said:

    @DanAlcedo.3281 said:

    @XECOR.2814 said:

    @DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Skirmish Tickets are now usefull.

    The Dream

    Im in dire need of them to get my first ascended weapons/armor.

    D O N T!!!!!!!!

    Even if you remove the Skirmish Tickets from the vendor, ascended armor pieces are around 20g more expensive then their crafting counterparts.

    Sell your memories of battle and craft your gear.

    Even if you have to lvl your crafting profession first.

    But wvw gives stat selectable ascended and i have 2k skirmish tickets and 500memories of battle. I just need those damned marks. Its so hard to get them without crafting at 500lvl. I dont like crafting. Is there no other way?

    You want marks? Go play PvP... no joke. If you just play 1 game of ranked PvP per day, you'll have probably a little more than half the marks you need in the time it takes you to farm the skirmish tickets. If you play a couple PvP games per day, you'll have everything you need between PvP and the handful you get per week in the 1/10th of PvP equivalent currency.

    You don't even have to win the PvP game as the PvP chest PIP track progresses you automatically...that's why I hear there are so many bots on low end silver ranked PvP.

    Ty for this comment. I've been playing ranked pvp for 3days now and i am at last chest now. I used my skirmish tickets to get stat selectable trinkets. Im getting backpiece from collection. Now im grinding for ascended pvp shards and grandmaster marks to get all the things from pvp. :)

  • Teon.5168Teon.5168 Member ✭✭✭

    @StrawHat.2639 said:

    @Kylden Ar.3724 said:
    Well, I called it.

    Looking forward to all you that swore you would quit leaving.

    I won't quite just reduce my hours even more is all, other games I want to play tho single players so shrug.
    See you on the field less Tacos!

    I'll still be playing, so TACO will still be out there. :)

  • viniebc.9568viniebc.9568 Member ✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019

    "hi, we fired 25% of our team, so the alliance update (that had like 3 to 5 ppl working on it in half time btw) is now canceled. But hey look at this amazing warclaw skin! only 2k gems xD"

  • idolin.2831idolin.2831 Member ✭✭✭

    @viniebc.9568 said:
    "hi, we fired 25% of our team, so the alliance update (that had like 3 to 5 ppl working on it in half time btw) is now canceled. But hey look at this amazing warclaw skin! only 2k gems xD"

    Don't forget to put that /s - you'd be surprised how many people don't get it.

  • "Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week" - I wonder if in Tuesday the "Next Week" deadline will be still valid?

  • Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cristalyan.5728 said:
    "Extremely awesome" WvW Announcement Next Week" - I wonder if in Tuesday the "Next Week" deadline will be still valid?

    It's sort of a "gotcha" thing. It will always be next week like the "Free pizza tomorrow" thing. It's perpetually Soon™...

    Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.