Quick Spec/Gear swap — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Quick Spec/Gear swap

Hello,

I am a relatively new player to Guild Wars 2, and have been enjoying the game. However, I have noticed that the game appears to be lacking a useful feature for me. It seems like there is no interface option to quickly swap between preset gear sets and specs. With the built-in mechanic of free respecs, I assumed this mechanic would exist. I come from a background of WoW (pre-Cata), Rift, Allods, Warhammer Online, all of which either started with or ended up integrating said feature.

Here's a few examples, some situations I find myself in often.

I am playing necro, and have found that Reaper is an effective solo spec in open world. However, I do prefer to play either support or condi Scourge in Fractals and Dungeons. If I am soloing and que for a fractal, it would be useful to quickly swap gear and spec when the group is filled. Instead, I have to right click every piece of gear to swap in some +healing, and manually adjust all 3 categories of my build.

Another example is if I'm already running dungeons and fractals, I generally spec support unless there is already another support in the 5-man. In the case that I join a group that already has a support, I have to swap gear and spec categories fairly often.

Just curious if I'm the only one that would like a feature like this. It just seems like an unnecessary hassle as it is. This is more of an inquiry than a complaint :)

Comments

• PS- With a weapon swap feature that's enabled in combat, it seems arbitrary to draw the line there...

• For reasons lost in the annals of time, the original team designed GW2 to not have this feature. Since then, ANet has infrequently responded to suggestions for build templates and loadouts, usually by saying something about they're not opposed, but that it isn't a priority.
    In other words: not coming soon.

In the mean time, the unofficial, fan-built ArcDPS comes with a build template+loadout tool (you can even use that feature without the DPS meter, if you prefer). It works a treat.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

you are not alone, hence I have 2 necros, 2 ranges, 2 mesmers and soon 2 guardians.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• @phs.6089 said:
    you are not alone, hence I have 2 necros, 2 ranges, 2 mesmers and soon 2 guardians.

Just out of curiosity: what's the point in having 2 characters of the same kind? Doesn't make much sense to me, as you can change name and looks pretty easy anyway.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@phs.6089 said:

Just out of curiosity: what's the point in having 2 characters of the same kind? Doesn't make much sense to me, as you can change name and looks pretty easy anyway.

1 necro is reaper in zerk with full dps sppec, second is scourge in magi etc, Reloging char is quicker then changing spec, gear.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@phs.6089 said:

It takes a while to swap 6 armor pieces, 4 weapons and 6 trinkets as well as change traits and skills.

Some people run aforementioned arcdps and use its build tempalte feature, others just make different characters, each character for 1 role. Has nothing to do with looks or name.

• Thanks all.

After your responses, I looked at some older threads with very similar inquiries. It seems the community is in consensus, this is a desired feature. It's a shame that devs have blown this one off.

With the hundreds and/or thousands of different types of cat ears, wings and gliders, mount skins, little followers, santa hats, and so on, I can see that it is a priority here to stock the in game store with features. Why not add it as a purchasable feature? Similar to additional bag or bank slots, our developers here could make some money on this one. Seems intuitive.

General consensus=demand. Where is the supply?

• Testament to the above is individuals making different characters to facilitate the ease of a spec/gear swap. Most likely they are spending money on an instant level up or similar.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fugs.5938 said:
    Testament to the above is individuals making different characters to facilitate the ease of a spec/gear swap. Most likely they are spending money on an instant level up or similar.

Nah alot of people are swimming in tomes I got 720 becouse I just havent turned em into spirit shards yet.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.