Rune of aristocracy on reaper?

felincyriac.5981

@"felincyriac.5981" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbCtbiF3AO3A0bilcBDKA0AKAxTxs4XMKrdv6AA-jFSGQBES9npoEsIKDKoSPDcKAAwTAoc6DYz+DBAOAOv5N/8ALv8yLv8y99yLv8yLv8yLv8yjCIwA-w

The build could be a lot better, but has anyone tried a build with these runes? Additional corruption could also be a source of weakness, shame it's a condition rune though.

I’ve used a build with this Rune in spvp for a while and I liked it a lot.

If there is one thing I will point out, it’s that you have way too many useless sources of might...you have might sigils, might food, might from spite tree and might from your Rune.

You can stack and maintain 25 might with the food alone If you specced into concentration. You can also maintain 25 might alone with the spite tree.

If you want to use aristocracy, you should drop spite, drop the sigils and drop the food for something more useful. Because the might is such short duration, diviners/commanders is more valuable to you so that you can go into different specs and gear. Without curses you simply won’t get any value from aristocracy. If you seek to go for a more boon corruption path to corrupt mights into weakness, your forced into spite which already generates more than enough might on its own, making aristocracy a waste.

Edit: aristocracy also isn’t potent enough to stack and stay at 25 might either, even with concentration. To stay st 25 might, you’d need the sigils as well. This is an unfortunate consequence of the application of weakness. Aside from your utility, there’s no way to stay at 25 might with aristocracy and curses alone. This also makes your utility skills a huge might sink, which leaves you more and more vulnerable.

In Spvp I had to use aristocracy, sigils of strength curses and diviner gear to stay at 25 might. This was okay. But it’s a lot of investments that just happened to work with the build I was running, and eventually I dropped this build for that reason.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"felincyriac.5981" said:

The build could be a lot better, but has anyone tried a build with these runes? Additional corruption could also be a source of weakness, shame it's a condition rune though.

If there is one thing I will point out, it’s that you have way too many useless sources of might...you have might sigils, might food, might from spite tree and might from your Rune.

You can stack and maintain 25 might with the food alone If you specced into concentration. You can also maintain 25 might alone with the spite tree.

If you want to use aristocracy, you should drop spite, drop the sigils and drop the food for something more useful. Because the might is such short duration, diviners/commanders is more valuable to you so that you can go into different specs and gear. Without curses you simply won’t get any value from aristocracy. If you seek to go for a more boon corruption path to corrupt mights into weakness, your forced into spite which already generates more than enough might on its own, making aristocracy a waste.

Edit: aristocracy also isn’t potent enough to stack and stay at 25 might either, even with concentration. To stay st 25 might, you’d need the sigils as well. This is an unfortunate consequence of the application of weakness. Aside from your utility, there’s no way to stay at 25 might with aristocracy and curses alone. This also makes your utility skills a huge might sink, which leaves you more and more vulnerable.

In Spvp I had to use aristocracy, sigils of strength curses and diviner gear to stay at 25 might. This was okay. But it’s a lot of investments that just happened to work with the build I was running, and eventually I dropped this build for that reason.

The might is just there for blighters boon, or does it not proc if you have 25 stacks of might and you apply more?

Concentration is something I've tried to build, but I just can't find the right combination of stats (lacking in defensive stats etc.)

@felincyriac.5981 said:

The might is just there for blighters boon, or does it not proc if you have 25 stacks of might and you apply more?

Concentration is something I've tried to build, but I just can't find the right combination of stats (lacking in defensive stats etc.)

Ohh I didn’t notice that it used blighters boon. My fault

Ya so that changes the dynamic of your build. I think I’ve tried a variation of that as well. I didn’t like it (seemed like blighters didn’t do that much for me, plus it felt really slow without Onslaught) but if that build helps you gain health and Lf through all the might sources than it’s worth it.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

Ohh I didn’t notice that it used blighters boon. My fault

Ya so that changes the dynamic of your build. I think I’ve tried a variation of that as well. I didn’t like it (seemed like blighters didn’t do that much for me, plus it felt really slow without Onslaught) but if that build helps you gain health and Lf through all the might sources than it’s worth it.

Yh it's slow, but the sustain is pretty noticeable. I guess if you have a duo FB then you are free to go full damage onslaught.I've only ran with it in spvp, it would be better in wvw with more ferocity, the food and sigils, but then again other classes are pretty broken in wvw.

Wish death's charge was a bit more fluid, seems to bug out at times, the 2 boon corrupt is again pretty powerful

@"felincyriac.5981" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnMbCtbiF3AO3A0bilcBDKA0AKAxTxs4XMKrdv6AA-jFSGQBES9npoEsIKDKoSPDcKAAwTAoc6DYz+DBAOAOv5N/8ALv8yLv8y99yLv8yLv8yLv8yjCIwA-w

I use those runes, just cause I want some type of sustain health wise

• 1 month later...

Its a very strong choice at the moment.In fact this rune with the right build is strong enough to make Blighters Boon compete with the Meta Reapers OnslaughtThat said it is very gimmicky in a sense that if this rune becomes too much of a staple in competitive modes it will simply get nerfed and there goes your build.

Its a very strong option for the moment but due to the fact that the rune could be removed or nerfed at any point in time i refrain from using this build and depending on weakness splatter for ez sustain. I cant say im a fan of builds that use runes like this because in the instant the rune gets culled the build get nerfed pretty heavily.

Not sure what you are using this build for so ill assume its possible pvp or wvw purposesAs for your build well personally I prefer to use Master of corruption with Consume Conditions and Corrupt boon. over Corrosive poison cloud unless you really need the projectile block (could be nice in wvw though but still kinda meh for power reaper). Corrupt boon is more likely than not to grab might when you use it on a foe which will become weakness and with the shorter cooldown you can use it much more often and clear other annoying boons as well.This gives you the old Consume conditions cool down of 20 seconds like it use to be back in the day which is down right NICE! how ever if you take this option I do recommend taking Spiteful Renewal to insta clear the blind when you heal and it will also net you a bit more healing. Do not take Spiteful Talisman for fighting other players they will almost NEVER EVER not have at least one boon on them no matter how hard you are ripping and corrupting the time frame a another player goes without a boon is like less than a second or two at most.Keep in mind when you use this rune with power reaper its not about the condition stats on the rune... ignore that. its all about the might gen from weakness spam as well as any other sources for sustain in shroud and life force generation. Entering shroud can net you over 2k hp depending on how many targets you hit and how much weakness goes out from corrupting boons via spiteful spirit and weakening shroud.Every auto attack has the potential to get you 300-500 or so hp back if not more via blighters boon.Keep in mind that that in this senario it does not matter that you are over capping on might but you need to be smart about it still. It wont mattter that you are easily hitting 25 might constantly because incoming might still grants the benefits of blighters boon and thats all that matters. That said Chilling victory is a better option than Soul eater because its even more might which translates too more life force and more healing.

That said if this is for pve forgo this rune all together to be honest as life force generation and might generation should not be a problem without it. This rune is pretty much good for nothing but fighting other players who will be drowned in boons 90% of the time. Gaining constant might for you to corrupt etc.

However if you insist on keeping this for pve yes you have too much might generation. You would be better off dropping spite for blood magic just to not be over capping on might how ever this will be a damage loss as you lose awaken the pain or optional spiteful talisman and or Close to death. Ideally just dont use this rune in pve it would be best this rune only be used for pvp or wvw or on a more condition focused build Where you completely lack might generation.

Archived