[Error] You cannot join the PvP game in progress because your character has changed

Atrox.9216

Hey everybody,

I recently played some ranked matches with a teammate. I wanted to switch from my Warri to my Engi during the warmup, but i got the errormessage: "You cannot join the PvP game in progress because your character has changed". Switch to the Guard resulted in the same Error. So I had to switch back to my Warrior and played the match with him. Our team had no Guards or Engineers at all, so it couldn´t be the Class-Stack-Prevention.

A screenshot of the error message is here: https://imgur.com/a/3eeEQyy

Does anyone have an idea whats the problem here?

As long as you switch before the match actually starts, you should be able to do it. I have had an error with switching though, and thats when you have the other character in an instance that isnt part of the PvE world per say, like the Fractal hub the mistlock sanctuary, also happened once while in LA.

Personally, I hate that people can switch classes in general, i see so many people queue up as ele, which makes the system pick me up on the opposite team, and as soon as they load in, they switch to the class they actually intended to play and then farm me. Give me the same 4.5 vs 4.5 it could have been!

@Ario.8964 said:Could be stealth change to pvp to prevent char swaps after match has been entered. idk

Not possible, as I could switch in the matches before and after. It would then also happen to other players.

@Fortus.6175 said:As long as you switch before the match actually starts, you should be able to do it. I have had an error with switching though, and thats when you have the other character in an instance that isnt part of the PvE world per say, like the Fractal hub the mistlock sanctuary, also happened once while in LA.

My engineer was in the Thunderhead Peaks so no instance. The guard was standing in the Mistlock Sancutuary, but this was never a problem before. Could always switch to him, even on the same day.

@Quadox.7834 said:Just a bug, happens sometimes. Don't know how to reproduce it.

Seems so. Anet, any suggestions?

Archived