Gathering tool skinns just 400Gems please — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Gathering tool skinns just 400Gems please

Saniyah.1984Saniyah.1984 Member ✭✭
edited February 10, 2019 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Some of the Gathering tool skinns are really nice, but i already have plenty of infinte gathering tools, could you please let us buy just the skinn?

Comments

• Just a flesh wound.3589Just a flesh wound.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

I think they should look into reducing the price. I rarely buy them either because of the 1000 gem price tag. I don’t need more gathering tools and 1000 gems is a pretty steep price for the skin. I would like to buy the skin separately for a discount.

Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

Forum Guides: Images. Text

• BlueJin.4127BlueJin.4127 Member ✭✭✭

That’s actually an interesting idea. You should add this to the sticky thread, though.

^^

• A more likely option: BL Gathering Tool Vouchers. The existing vouchers ranged in price from 360 (just a back) to 540 (weapons) to 630 (back+glider) to 630 (outfits), significant discounts for buying in bulk. I imagine a gathering voucher might go for 850 for one (15% off) and 5000 for 10 (50% off)

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

I agree. I'd buy at least 3 skins if it was possible to get them without another tool and therefore for less gems.

I bought the first 3 tools which were available (Molten pick, consortium sickle and chop-it-all axe), not realising at the time there would eventually be other designs available. Later on I got the watchwork pick with gold because I really don't like the animation on the molten one and at the time it wasn't possible to change it.

Since then several others have been released with really nice animations (the flutes are my favourites) but I don't want or need more infinite use tools and I don't think a new skin is worth 1000 gems. Whereas if it was possible to buy just the skin on it's own for a lower price I'd get all the ones I like.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

The only time I would pay 1k for a gathering tool is if it has a particular glyph attached to it that I wanted...

Fàther - Create a mount then kill it until it's more useless than PvE. "Smart"
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

Agreed, I like 'em, but not 1K like 'em.

• @Loosmaster.8263 said:
    The only time I would pay 1k for a gathering tool is if it has a particular glyph attached to it that I wanted...

Sometimes that's a cheaper way to get the glyph than buying it off the TP.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

I also wouldn't mind this. The flute ones especially.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.