New fractals have too many animations

Vaeo.4097

New fractals have too many animations. So many that it's impossible to see what's going on.I'm talking about:

• Twilight Oasis
  • SIren's Reef
  • Shattered Observatory (this one in lesser extent).

Twilight Oasis is the worst of three (specifically last sandbinder and boss).Twilight Oasis is interesting mechanically but makes me upset every time I see those yellow circles over yellow circles over yellow circles (btw, why it's yellow and not red?). And above this 3 yellow circles layers 2 layers of animations of attacks of my teammates (holo and renegade with theirs yellow circle animations is special love here).Twilight Oasis was overloaded with animations even when it's out year ago. But today it was even more flashy: birds + last laugh (birds leave last laugh too, don't know why). On last sandbinder the area was one one big yellow circle. Same on boss when we need to kill several mobs on balcony (with birds of course) -- it's just one big yellow circle. There is no way to dodge it, because you need to dodge permanently. And same with boss itself on last phase when boss attacks yellow marks on ground are essentially invisible.

While you can think that I'm talking only about these two instabilities I'm not. I'm trying to point that there's too much animations overall.I understand that devs tries to make new fractals harder by introducing more mechanics. And it's good. Earlier fractals were too straightforward. But these mechanics must be clearly visible.An example of good mechanics is Vale Guardian. It has pretty tough and deadly mechanics but with clear and very modest animations.

What I want:

1. Please, think about all visual clutter when you will make next fractal.
  2. Fix instabilities (all) to reduce visual clutter.
  3. Provide option to hide teammates animations, at least most flashy of them (of course combo fields must be visible and movement is ok too).
  4. Make ground circles better visible or provide an option to select color for ground circles.
  5. Change Twilight Oasis and Siren's Reef a bit: reduce amount of trash mobs, reduce amount of aoe (may be making them more painful), simplify animations (especially on Amelia) to make them less annoying.

I agree with you, fully. Its just too much 'busy' stuff going on. The days these fractals are the daily, I swap from a dps class, to a heal druid. Most people as of late, come into T4 fractals not fully aware of all (and there are a lot of punishing boss skills/instabilities) the mechanics (KING fractal guides on youtube really helped myself out back when I first wanted to fully grasp all facets of fractals). Couple that with even more visual clutter with newer fractals and it just one big 'light show' that is more stomach-turning, than enjoyably engaging.

Agree to everything the OP said. Shattered was painful but bearable (at least I can see what I got hit by), Twilight & Siren however are just too much spams. For Siren I believe everyone on the forum already said enough of how bad Siren is with the last boss, it's the worst one out of the 3 - too many things need dodging and way too tiny boat, no special action key to help the fight and too much hard to avoid aoe, the entirely thing just felt like all non-sensible things being cram together, or did I just walked into a torture chamber?; for twilight even though I know when to dodge now after playing so much, I still think the amount of visual clutter/ Spammala's skill spams are just too much. It's more of an annoyance rather than feeling it's challenging. It's like sometimes everything blends altogether that I can't really see stuffs and can't differ what is what, I just dodge because there's "something", not because I can identify it. Such as birds that it sort of not noticeable during last phase of Amala until I notice that I'm taking damage for no reason. It's also strange that the special action key do not get rid of birds. The frequency and the amount of different types of aoe spams makes me dizzy. I'm still able to endure and to complete the fractal, just did not left with any enjoyable experience everytime with those fractals.

I'd add:

1. Stop making instabilities buffing each other out. We have the current fractal mobs to deal with already, but birds/vindicators/rabbit spawned with boons/spit fire/last laugh??? I'm not sure if I'm doing a daily normal fractal anymore because it seems like they were all promoted to CM.

We have a game where combat is very fast, skills have exessive animations, everything is AoE, there are bunch of ground markers bosses perform telgraphed AoE attacks that are rich in colours etc. In a way, floor is lava is only mehanic in this game by now...

Al of these result in extensive visual noise.

Honestly, if they just tuned down cleave and AoE attacks in the game, I think it would be much more visually enjoyable game

@kasoki.5180 said:We have a game where combat is very fast, skills have exessive animations, everything is AoE, there are bunch of ground markers bosses perform telgraphed AoE attacks that are rich in colours etc. In a way, floor is lava is only mehanic in this game by now...

Al of these result in extensive visual noise.

Honestly, if they just tuned down cleave and AoE attacks in the game, I think it would be much more visually enjoyable game

But more boring.

Archived