MY game is slow since 2/09/19.

Hitman.5829

I experience a slow game for no reason. I haven't done any updates or changes to my computer.I check for internet speed test and my results are:

• 110 Mbps/sec Download
  • 10 Mbps/sec Up
  • 29 msec ping

I am in NA.Are the GW2 servers having issues or is this on my end?

EDITIt is not the hard drive fault. I switched all the game files to my PC and the problem still persists.My router has a 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz options.

When I test the internet speed on my 2.4 Ghz, I get:

• 45 Mbps Down
  • 10 Mbps UP
  • 11 ms Ping

When I test the internet speed on the 5 Ghz, I get:

• 100 Mbps Down
  • 10 Mbps Up
  • 11 ms Ping

But it does not matter with what wifi signal I log in, the game is laggy.

@ArmoredVehicle.2849 said:Clicking noises can indicate a dying HDD and if you have important data on it I suggest doing a backup immediately.

Its an external hard drive but it has never been drop or moved from its place for years.The noises are those the hard drives made when reading data, but lately I noticed them more loudly (maybe perhaps I paid more attention because of game being slow).

Anyway, I am just giving info just to know if there is a problem with GW2 servers or if it is on my end.

Internet speed tests mean nothing in regards to games. You can use a program like Pingplotter to find where any connection issues may lay.You can try a -repair to the client. You can try clearing your GW2 cache.
You can peruse the Knowledge Base for articles on issues with connection/'slow game'.You can contact the Tech CS Team. You can access the latter two things via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck.

Interesting, the same happened to me since last update, never had lag before or high pings as I'm having since last update, all other games run as usual but GW2...

I'm giving a few days before contacting support in case of temporary server issue or ISP issues but based on the network tests the package loss seems to be happening at server level

Archived