When does "Memories of Home" Expire? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

When does "Memories of Home" Expire?

I've been saving up my daily Envelopes to open at the end of the festival. I want to be able to utilize the MF buff "Memories of Home." I recall vaguely that the buff used to last a few days after the festival ended. But in the end, I'm not 100% sure if I can wait until Tuesday or if I should open on Monday. Does anyone have any knowledge on when this buff will timeout? Will it just disappear on Tuesday? Or will it last a little longer?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Is there any benefit to leaving it as late as possible?

If I was you I'd open them on Monday rather than risk losing the buff, but the benefit of waiting might make it worth the risk.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well if you can I would open em on reset the night bettwen monday and tuseday.
    Stuff usualy vanish 16h after reset tho.

• Alimar.8760Alimar.8760 Member ✭✭✭

Yup, my plan was to hedge my bets and open tomorrow after reset.

• Sometimes ANet ends festivals with the usual 9 am (their time) patch. Since they added the tech to end festivals without a patch, they have also ended some festivals at noon (their time) as well as with reset (4 pm their time currently).

For procrastinators who want to avoid any risk, I'd be sure to open envelopes (and unID gear) on Monday, rather than wait to see what happens on Tuesday. After all, there's no chance that you'll be able to purchase any more envelopes anyhow, not in any of the three historical scenarios for festival end times.
    (I suppose there is a tiny chance that there might be some delay, due to inclement weather -- Seattle has been getting half a foot of accumulated snow or more, aka 15+ cm, whereas usually they get 0.)

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

It is also only 15% ...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.