Thunderhead Peaks hidden chests bugged. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Thunderhead Peaks hidden chests bugged.

Today people seem to be having a real issue with the hidden chests (revealed with Light of Deldrimor). I've had one chest refuse to open with the message "You have already opened this chest today." (hint: I've not opened it today), and apparently others are getting the same issue. Three other chests DID open for me, but gave no loot. I'm unsure if those chests are acting the same for everyone, but apparently it's a problem other people are also encountering.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

Comments

  • @Palador.2170 said:
    Today people seem to be having a real issue with the hidden chests (revealed with Light of Deldrimor). I've had one chest refuse to open with the message "You have already opened this chest today." (hint: I've not opened it today), and apparently others are getting the same issue. Three other chests DID open for me, but gave no loot. I'm unsure if those chests are acting the same for everyone, but apparently it's a problem other people are also encountering.

    If there's a bug, it will be common for everyone in that map instance. You can work-around the bug by swapping mats, so ideally start your run around :30 after the hour, because you'll be able to grab any of the meta taxis to swap maps in case of an issue. Doing that, I've been able to get 100% of the expected chests each day. (And if you want, you can sometimes get a new color plate from one of the original rooms in the new map, allowing you access to 2 or 4 more chests.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • There seem to be a couple of particular bugs and I suppose a very unlucky map will show all of them:

    • Out of Area: In the Blue/Sauna room, one chest (far hallway) spawns outside the availability of the LoD skill.
    • Bugged Appearance: In the Purple/Graveling room, two chest locations in the entrance hallway can be triggered without spawning. Some people will be able to loot them if they are closer to the spawn location; some people won't (if they are at the edge of the range).
    • Spawns in the Wall/Rocks: In the second half of the "upstairs" route to the mastery, on the floor with the lava, in one of the corners and also upstairs, in the first half of the route, also a corner location that ... I should take a screenshot because it's hard to describe exactly where.
    • You've already opened: I haven't spotted a specific pattern with this bug and it doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time (unlike all the others), so I speculate that it's related to a cooldown period that only affects you if you opened the identical location within 24 hours (maybe within 8 hours). #needs-more-data.

    There are probably a few more that fit one of those categories that I haven't run across.


    The only way to get these fixed sooner rather than later (or never) is to report the specific locations. By far the easiest way is via the in-game /bug reporting tool. To save time, choose

    • General PvE
    • Nodes
    • Title: "Hidden Chest Bug: [specific]" (where [specific] is one of didn't spawn, shows as already opened, or spawns out-of-reach
    • Text: "I wasn't able to loot the hidden chest at this location because..." (and copy the [specific] from the title)
    • Optional: take a screenshot

    It will take you seconds if you're familiar with /bug and maybe 2 minutes if you're not, so you can afford to report 1-2 without any risk. If you're worried, finish the puzzle/green room and return to the location to report.

    Without the specific location, ANet is unlikely to figure out which of the many locations or which of the several kinds of bugs are affecting it. It might even prevent them from discovering the underlying cause(s).

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Nostalgia for GW1 fans:

    The GW1 Light of Deldrimor skill (available in Dwarven dungeons for characters with sufficient d-rank) suffered nearly all the same bugs for years. One of the game's hero developers took people's list of bugged locations and managed to use them to identify several bugs (not just one), troubleshoot, and fix the underlying issues, which ended up exposing additional locations and made looting much, much easier. Without the data from players, they wouldn't have been able to do this, because tracking down the locations would have already been more time than they had to spend.

    tl;dr: Light of Deldrimor skill is apparently cursed to malfunction in all ANet games.
    tl;dr 2: reporting helps get things resolved more quickly

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    • You've already opened: I haven't spotted a specific pattern with this bug and it doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time (unlike all the others), so I speculate that it's related to a cooldown period that only affects you if you opened the identical location within 24 hours (maybe within 8 hours). #needs-more-data.

    could also be something related to switching instance

    At least that was the only way I've gotten the message so far

  • Just happened to me today. Hidden chest in Green Room. Cant loot it says I already done it. Another room chest was empty. Was not a good loot day. :)

  • @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    • You've already opened: I haven't spotted a specific pattern with this bug and it doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time (unlike all the others), so I speculate that it's related to a cooldown period that only affects you if you opened the identical location within 24 hours (maybe within 8 hours). #needs-more-data.

    could also be something related to switching instance

    At least that was the only way I've gotten the message so far

    I've gotten the message without having swapped maps. (When I have swapped maps, the message shows up consistently if I attempt to open a hidden chest in an area already looted, e.g. front of library versus the rare, early upper hall versus latter part.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019

    Final Hidden chest in green room says I looted it. Very disappointing.

    I'm reporting it and requesting to be given the 3 Exquisite Serpentite Jewels.

  • @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Final Hidden chest in green room says I looted it. Very disappointing.

    I'm reporting it and requesting to be given the 3 Exquisite Serpentite Jewels.

    Of all the things that can go sideways in that area, that's the one thing I've never heard before. Are you 100% sure you didn't get a port earlier in the reset period and already loot it?

    Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does, please also use the in-game /bug reporting tool, so ANet gets the additional tech details.

    (Regardless, hope you end up with the expected amount of Jewels.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Eloc Freidon.5692 said:
    Final Hidden chest in green room says I looted it. Very disappointing.

    I'm reporting it and requesting to be given the 3 Exquisite Serpentite Jewels.

    Of all the things that can go sideways in that area, that's the one thing I've never heard before. Are you 100% sure you didn't get a port earlier in the reset period and already loot it?

    Hopefully it won't happen again, but if it does, please also use the in-game /bug reporting tool, so ANet gets the additional tech details.

    (Regardless, hope you end up with the expected amount of Jewels.)

    Well considering I got super lucky with 5 from all the extra hidden chests before it, maybe it has something to do with that. I can guarantee that I did not because the dailies is how I track it. I also do not use ports to skip content and loot.

  • Well considering I got super lucky with 5 from all the extra hidden chests before it,

    5 jewels from 8 hidden chests is extraordinarily lucky to the point where it seems more plausible that (a) you did already loot the green room chest (getting 3+2, which is much, much more likely than 5-from-8) or (b) you had leftovers from earlier (which might mean you had started but didn't finish).

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Alex.2908Alex.2908 Member ✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019

    It happened to me too... i will stop kissing monkeys and start eating veggy food, maybe do some group therapy!!

  • Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21, 2019

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    • You've already opened: I haven't spotted a specific pattern with this bug and it doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time (unlike all the others), so I speculate that it's related to a cooldown period that only affects you if you opened the identical location within 24 hours (maybe within 8 hours). #needs-more-data.

    could also be something related to switching instance

    At least that was the only way I've gotten the message so far

    I've gotten the message without having swapped maps. (When I have swapped maps, the message shows up consistently if I attempt to open a hidden chest in an area already looted, e.g. front of library versus the rare, early upper hall versus latter part.)

    Just found out that relogging into the same instance also leads to the the message as I just found out. Reveal and loot first chest, relog and the light points to the same chest again.

  • @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Khisanth.2948 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    • You've already opened: I haven't spotted a specific pattern with this bug and it doesn't seem to happen to everyone at the same time (unlike all the others), so I speculate that it's related to a cooldown period that only affects you if you opened the identical location within 24 hours (maybe within 8 hours). #needs-more-data.

    could also be something related to switching instance

    At least that was the only way I've gotten the message so far

    I've gotten the message without having swapped maps. (When I have swapped maps, the message shows up consistently if I attempt to open a hidden chest in an area already looted, e.g. front of library versus the rare, early upper hall versus latter part.)

    Just found out that relogging into the same instance also leads to the the message as I just found out. Reveal and loot first chest, relog and the light points to the same chest again.

    Yes. You don't necessarily need to leave the instance. You can just leave the puzzle area, too. (e.g. if you allow the graveling to kill you and have to waypoint and return, the exposed chests can become re-hidden).

    Even so, I've gotten the message without having changed instances or left the area, during my first time through one of the rooms. I had an impression of a pattern, but RL has kept me from doing further exploration of the idea, so I'm back to the drawing board for that one. (The other issues should theoretically be easier for QA to resolve, especially if lots of people use /bug to report them, so the locations/instances get logged.)

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.