End Links?

Kylden Ar.3724

Having one or two overpopulated servers is much more bearable than having 8 unpopulated ones. People can still transfer to those servers regardless of links.

If players put the effort to actually l2p there would be less bandwagons, but we all know it's easier to blame the system.

I don't think ending the link system will acomplish anything other than having 5 dead tiers that will have action for 2-3 hours of the day (And problably only on EBG) and be dead for the other 21. If anything, I just wish they relinked faster so servers don't have to deal with being stuck on T1 or T4 for too long as those are not exactly fun places to be.

@Hitman.5829 said:An absolute YES!Since we blackgate were linked with ET, the quality of blob fighting has been reduced significantly due to all the greens dying.With the link BG got, it is as if we got a bunch of guard NPCs. WE are better off alone!

I’m confused... in previous posts you indicated that you roam and never see these blobs. ??

Not trying to be combative... just curious which it is.. the blobs we all see or empty land that you said in another forum.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

@Hitman.5829 said:An absolute YES!Since we blackgate were linked with ET, the quality of blob fighting has been reduced significantly due to all the greens dying.With the link BG got, it is as if we got a bunch of guard NPCs. WE are better off alone!

I’m confused... in previous posts you indicated that you roam and never see these blobs. ??

Not trying to be combative... just curious which it is.. the blobs we all see or empty land that you said in another forum.

Yeah, what is his reason to complain about roamers if he's on Blobgate where due to coverage being an opposing roamer is suicide...

Unless he's a bad zergling and always having to run back and getting picked off... Mmmm...

The only reason Id be against end of links is I do like to blob at times and without links I know wed be a pretty dead server alone now (can count on 1 hand the guilds 10-15; nothing bigger) and Id have to tag up more often instead of just roaming/havok with the gang to keep people playing on primetime even...anyways links will end with Alliance so the short answer is Yes in the end Muahaha! anyways!

The kitten Problem is that "WvW is 24/7" and you cant even balancing a 2-hour-Skirmish with Stacked Servers within it. You Must know how often and what Time a Player Plays WvW for Balancing to Prevent things like the R-Day Syndrome where all Maps are "Overfilled" , but on Monday Night for example, Low Tier Server A could have more Players then High Tier Server B. And this is changing every Week/Day and hour. So you can`t balancing a 24/7 Matchup unless a Skirmish is stopped and "waiting" for the Players until all sides are Full. Its out of Controll!

Balanced=Server waits for Players and Players waiting for PlayersUnbalanced=Server dont waits for Players and Players dont waiting for PlayersI dont want "Overfilled (this waiting System is scrap i cant tell ANet how fucked up is it) Maps" also i dont want a outnumbered Matchup/Skirmish for me or them.

How you gonna Balancing it now?

It feels like they take too long to prevent bandwagoning to the link server, but that may be, because they want links to become hosts.

I could also say relinks take too long, but Deso would feel like a dead community without any AG tags, especially ones who want to fight, as mostly everyone on Deso doesn't run open apart from ppt, even if they have spare time.

Unfortunately...Bandwagoning vs empty serversI would tolerate bandwagoning.

To be clear, not saying bandwagoning isn't bad, it is still bad.

Linking was made with a lofty ideal that it will help create a more balanced match up while keeping the match populated, like playing blocks while not completely destroying servers.The users on the other hand B)That is why can never have nice things.

The servers have all had large population bases...however, many have gotten either bored with WvW...or they've had their teeth kicked in SO MANY TIMES, that those players no longer see WvW as a very fun format at all. Leave the links as is. It does help those servers with VERY small WvW player base to be able to actually participate in WvW.

@Grim West.3194 said:Nope.

Link system isn't perfect, but it does mix things up a bit and kind of keeps things almost competitive - in spite of ANET's disgusting favoritism towards BandwagonGate.

Without links then the game mode would be even more pointless than it is now.

gets fries ready for relinks

Links have shown some problems, but as a whole has created generally more even matchups.

When I saw a thread about end links, my first thought was to whether we'd finally get a good discussion of sway bar disconnects and the increases they provide to suspension articulation.

Then I remembered that this is the GW2 forum and not a 4x4 forum.

In reply to the actual topic, link servers are a necessity to provide at least a modicum of granularity in population balancing. With that stated goal, relinks should happen at least twice as frequently as they currently do, and NA should be condensed down to 3 tiers with only 9 host servers and the rest of the servers as links. Matchups would become somewhat more balanced, and those who transfer for the sake of bandwagon would find themselves shelling out money much more often.

In short, while I personally would really enjoy going back to Wood/Bronze league, and miss that world and style.

I really don't think it is for the best for the game as a whole. The majority of players wants large group fights (for a multitude of reasons, one of them making them feel safer farming pips and gifts of battle), and denying them that by being stuck on the myriad of undermanned servers, isn't going to do the game, nor the game-mode, any favors.

I think a better case could be made for either:

• Create a new own "bronze league" by making 3 new servers specifically for this, locked in a own matchup/tier "bronze", and don't let these servers mix with the other servers. Put map limits to 40-50, and toss in a "social awkwardness" or similar rule to mess with people if more than 5 together from the same team.
  • Create or refurbish an existing map into a "small scale map", set a low map limit, remove keeps, and add more small objectives to fight over. And either toss it in as an extra map in WvW or EotM, and let people play that style there.

B.S!

BG green is as bad a cannon fodder as ET green. You don't get to speak for the entire BG server. I personally enjoy seeing more human faces around to play with. WvW is much more lively than before.

Archived