Opinions on Warrior

ALF.2576

I really like my guardian, and I have a Warrior now, it seems more aggressive and maybe less tanky. How do their roles differ in PvP? I am able to 1v1 and even 1v2 as guardian and I can take out enemies fast because the burst is awesome. Does Warrior have these same capabilities- or does it maybe even do them better?

The only time I see guardian being able to do 1v2 and even 1v3 is if you play support firebrand. If you're playing the radiant guardian build, then good luck trying to survive a 1v2 fight for more than 10 seconds especially against professions like revenant or reaper. The main reason why I don't like the radiant guardian build is that it has very high damage and can burst enemies well, but you're lacking on a lot of survivability. Renewed focus and Shield of Wrath, both of which have lengthy cooldowns, are your only skills that can save you from burst attacks from revenants, d/p daredevils and even other radiant guardians.

Warrior is the more safer profession. By that I mean that the warrior has more sustain, can do 1v1 and 1v2 for much longer time than guardian can, has solid mobility, condition cleansing etc. Warrior is really good at holding capture points which is why you almost always see warriors going far the majority of time. Sure, a good portion of the pvp community sees the warrior as a low tier profession like elementalist, but don't let that stop you from playing the profession. If you know how to effectively play warrior, feel free to play it.

In this sPvP meta, if you build it right Warrior has more escapes/mobility too. More burst mitigation, block-break, more damage. Probably can stand on a point better as Zerker amulet too if you play Rampage right.(Hint: Spellbreaker sucks/mediocre and Berserker around the same)

In the past Guard was so much more obnoxious to fight against and was easier to play overall, but now they're both comparable.

@ALF.2576 said:I really like my guardian, and I have a Warrior now, it seems more aggressive and maybe less tanky. How do their roles differ in PvP? I am able to 1v1 and even 1v2 as guardian and I can take out enemies fast because the burst is awesome. Does Warrior have these same capabilities- or does it maybe even do them better?

They are very different.

Guardian has two distinct builds, core guardian as dps and support FB. Warrior has one, bruiser SB. Guardian core is AOE cleave build, designed for team fights. The other two builds do what their description does.

Since the comparison between FB support and SB is mote, let’s compare core guardian with SB. Core guardian is better at team fights but not great solo. Core guardian is strong against condi builds an area which SB is weak at. SB has much more CC options, better mobility and has better sustainability, especially against focus fire.

I play both, but I personally prefer core guardian. SB is relatively better in the meta, but since you will be mostly in random que, in my opinion guardian is a safer bit. The damage output can go long way in securing sPvP game. Holding a side node is not as successful as a strategy in random games.

Archived