Casting Renegade's 'F' abilites from spirits.

DonArkanio.6419

Renegade is a very weird Specialization. It's trying to be both Shaman and a Ritualist of some kind. Though I think Scourge is the closest we have to the Shaman. We could make it work!

What if Renegade could cast its 'F' abilities from spirits?This would allow Shortbow to be a lot more useful when it comes to providing boons from afar. Afterall - Shortbow is about being far from your target and now both spirits and 'F' skills force us to stay as close to the teamfight as possible.

Heroic Command

• it now grants might as normal and around your spirits | this is non-stackable

Citadel Bombardment

• when you have X spirits summoned, the hit radius of bombardment increases and using it opens portals above you and all your spirits | number of missiles would have to be adjusted. When no spirit is summoned - works normally.(This one I find most interesting because it would add a lot more depth to the spirits. Citadel Bombardment is a very energy-expensive skill and having your spirits placed nicely should award Renegades.)

Orders from Above

• now grants Alacrity around you and your spirits | effects are non-stackable

This, in my opinion, wouldn't make Revenant OP, but just a bit more mechanically fun and interacitve for the players. Effects of Alacrity and Might would be non-stackable to maintain the same numbers as we have now.

What do you think about this?

Would Heroic Command/Orders from Above still have a 5&10(traited) total target cap respectively if you include the spirits? If so it would be fine to me.

Citadel Bombardment on spirits is interesting. Do all the spirits fire projectiles from their location to your marked location, or do they just fire straight down into their own AoE area?

Honestly i think a more simple fix for the skill would be to change to a different type of projectile. More like cannon shots that travel in a "mostly" straight line at a faster speed than the current projectiles. Or have the portal from which the projectiles spawn appear above the target location instead of from the player. It's just too random of a skill imo.

Might granted by Heroic Command would be still the same - so using it near the spirits doesn't give million stacks of might but extends the range. As I said - non-stackable Alacrity and Might.

About Citadel Bombardment. I think it would be good if spirits shot at a target location - just the way it works now but there would be more portals and more sources of projectiles + number od missiles would have to be adjusted to also not shoot a million bombs.

My vision of Citadel Bombardment.

• no spirits - works normally (imo a bit faster)

• 1) you spawn spirits

• 2) use Citadel Bombardment

• 3) portals open above you and your spirits

• 4) missiles shoot at a target location from all the portals

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:Might granted by Heroic Command would be still the same - so using it near the spirits doesn't give million stacks of might but extends the range. As I said - non-stackable Alacrity and Might.

Ah my bad, somehow the "non-stackable" didn't stick in my memory even though it's in your post 3x. Guess i need more coffee.

I like it. Although I think they can be reworked into the All for one trait to make it more attractive. It's pitiful compared to Sudden Reversal and Heartpiercer. Having a trait that adds a new kind of functionality to the Kalla legend would probably entice a lot more people to actually use it instead of just taking Renegade for the traits alone.

Archived