Some ideas ^^

Silvia.9130

Hi everyone ;)I've had these few ideas for a while and thought to share them. Even if probably they are silly, guess it's worth giving it a shot! ^^

Idea 1 - Legendary CollectionsI've been playing for a long time and I have to say that by now, I've gotten almost everything I like, including most legendary weapons. As I wonder 'what will I work towards, next?', I keep thinking how amazing it would be to have, for example, a Kudzu-like greatsword, or a Twilight-like longbow to add to my wardrobe.Wouldn't it be cool to have a full set of weapons sharing the same style and effects? Same footprints, aura, projectiles but on a different weapon. The collection could be unlocked when you craft the core legendary and reward, in the end, an infusion that would fit with the theme of the set.Something like that, it could be an interesting goal to give us players for the long term ^^

Idea 2 - Infusions and some fashion items as NoveltiesLike many people, I have ctafted Winter's Presence, years ago and it's definitely one of my favorite things. What is a little sad about it, though, is that wearing an outfit, for example, hides its effect from the character. On some armor mixes, it's also not so great to be unable to cover shoulders while having it equipped.So, I was thinking that some of these items, like also infusions, glasses and hats, could be added as novelties, like selfless potion, to be able to show them on characters even while wearing an outfit, but also to simply be visible in pvp. (Infusions on Trinkets aren't visible while in PvP).

Idea 3 - A way to replace unneeded Gem Store itemsA long while ago, I bought my Permanent Self-Style Hair Kit. I love it and I will never get tired of it. But how disappointing it is, whenever I open a BLT key and receive a Self-Style Hair Kit? It's equal to receive an empty slot for a reward... and I assume the same occurs for every person who owns any of the Permanent Contracts receiving the mono-use version of it.So I was thinking that it would be cool to have a way to make these items somewhat useful, since it always feels kinda wrong to destroy them. For example, there could be a vendor which allows you to exchange - in my case - those hairstyle kits for a merchant or TP express, for example, so that I'd have something I could need.Or maybe some Mystic Forge recipe allowing you to give a use to these items, to upgrade them in some way or to just obtain another item out of them.

I don't know if these ideas are achievable, I just thought it would be cool, at least for me, to have something like these implemented to the game, one day.Thanks all! :)

I would say, by now, 80% of drops or items that I get from playing are useless to me. I don't think anet cares that the rewards from playing are absent, they just keep adding new maps, with new drops, new currencies. moving the goal posts, so to speak. I have yet to spend a trade contract on anything. I won't make a list of useless items, everyone knows what they are.

@Reanne.5462 said:I would say, by now, 80% of drops or items that I get from playing are useless to me. I don't think anet cares that the rewards from playing are absent, they just keep adding new maps, with new drops, new currencies. moving the goal posts, so to speak. I have yet to spend a trade contract on anything. I won't make a list of useless items, everyone knows what they are.

But keys are items that, at least in theory, you should buy with real life money.

@Silvia.9130 said:

@Reanne.5462 said:I would say, by now, 80% of drops or items that I get from playing are useless to me. I don't think anet cares that the rewards from playing are absent, they just keep adding new maps, with new drops, new currencies. moving the goal posts, so to speak. I have yet to spend a trade contract on anything. I won't make a list of useless items, everyone knows what they are.

But keys are items that, at least in theory, you should buy with real life money.

Not in europe anymore

I think it's always a mistake to assume that 'everyone' in a group larger than maybe 2-3 people will agree with you, or view a problem in the same way you do. (And I'm using 'you' in a general sense here, the same applies to anyone.)

You mentioned trade contracts in your post, and that's one thing I never have enough of. I haven't even started on getting the recipes for bounty hunter's armour yet because I'm still using them to get all the items I want from the heart NPCs and some ascended equipment. Considering they are the 'map currency' for all the PoF maps if they were to be removed they'd certainly have to be replaced with something or a huge chunk of the items added with the expansion would be unobtainable.

Whereas I could pick Upgrade Extractors as an item which is useless to me. I've never used one and I probably never will. But I know some people who would happily buy every single one I've got in my bank, and more, if I was able to sell them because they can never get enough for their needs without spending a small fortune on the gem store.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Reanne.5462 said:I would say, by now, 80% of drops or items that I get from playing are useless to me. I don't think anet cares that the rewards from playing are absent, they just keep adding new maps, with new drops, new currencies. moving the goal posts, so to speak. I have yet to spend a trade contract on anything.
I won't make a list of useless items, everyone knows what they are.

I think it's always a mistake to assume that 'everyone' in a group larger than maybe 2-3 people will agree with you, or view a problem in the same way you do. (And I'm using 'you' in a general sense here, the same applies to anyone.)

You mentioned trade contracts in your post, and that's one thing I never have enough of. I haven't even started on getting the recipes for bounty hunter's armour yet because I'm still using them to get all the items I want from the heart NPCs and some ascended equipment. Considering they are the 'map currency' for all the PoF maps if they were to be removed they'd certainly have to be replaced with something or a huge chunk of the items added with the expansion would be unobtainable.

Whereas I could pick Upgrade Extractors as an item which is useless
to me
. I've never used one and I probably never will. But I know some people who would happily buy every single one I've got in my bank, and more, if I was able to sell them because they can never get enough for their needs without spending a small fortune on the gem store.

The things that are useless to people vary by player - but overall I believe 80% are useless, even if you will use something that I won't, I can't give you my trade contracts. I also agree upgrade extractors are useless,

Archived