Little warning about Drooburt

Guest [Deleted User]

Fair warning about Drooburt during this Lunar New Year festival, the cheating little scamp. For every 1000 luck you give him you progress an achievement/get a small reward. However, any luck you give him in excess of the current tally is lost - i.e. it won't roll over to the next one. So, for example, if you have 900/1000 given to him and hand him a Legendary Essence (500 luck) he keeps the change, and you are still at 0/1000 for the next one.

This obviously won't bother those players who have obscene amounts of luck but for those of us who still have points to gain it's a little irritating. Anyway, festival is over soon but maybe they'll fix it for next year. Until then, exact change only for the thieving quaggan!

(I'm not sure if the food pigs have the same issue because I was more careful with them once I'd dealt with Drooburt, but I wouldn't be surprised. Be careful!)

He's a conartist. I hate giving him anything but I want the AP. I keep hoping another ghost will take him out and he'll never return. But, also, he's a nice bit of flavor in GW2. Why shouldn't we have characters we hate in it? To me, Drooburt would be a great villian. He is a great villian that I sadly cannot kill. Devs make an adventure where we get to hunt down drooburt. And the funny part of this would be we'd probably have to pay him to get rid of him in it.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:Fair warning about Drooburt during this Lunar New Year festival, the cheating little scamp. For every 1000 luck you give him you progress an achievement/get a small reward. However, any luck you give him in excess of the current tally is lost - i.e. it won't roll over to the next one. So, for example, if you have 900/1000 given to him and hand him a Legendary Essence (500 luck) he keeps the change, and you are still at 0/1000 for the next one.

This obviously won't bother those players who have obscene amounts of luck but for those of us who still have points to gain it's a little irritating. Anyway, festival is over soon but maybe they'll fix it for next year. Until then, exact change only for the thieving quaggan!

(I'm not sure if the food pigs have the same issue because I was more careful with them once I'd dealt with Drooburt, but I wouldn't be surprised. Be careful!)

Yes, the food pigs are just as gluttonous.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Well, it's not as if we expected anything better from that guy, right? "Oh please, you gave me too much, have back the excess!" doesn't seem to fit his character. :)

With all the festivals and all those winsome expressions of need, his net wealth may exceed that of Zomorros!

Yeah, one day he'll buy Zomorros' lair, and instead of giving us legendaries in return when you use the forge he'll just go, "Coo! Quaggan thanks you!."

@Rabbi Rick.3194 said:Yes, the food pigs are just as gluttonous.

That's a much worse bug then. In the extreme scenario where you are 99/100 and you choose to give 100 items to the pig, you are wasting a lot of gold with no warning - up to 10g with the current price of rice balls! Hope this gets fixed for the next round of festivals.

I went to the Lunar-hog festivities on opening day...I spent about 20 minutes there and didn't find a single worthwhile thing to do; I left and never went back. Same with the 'Winterday' event...spent a couple hours playing 'Toypocolypse', got bored and left. It's unlikely that I'll even take the time to go to the next "celebration". :/

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I went to the Lunar-hog festivities on opening day...I spent about 20 minutes there and didn't find a single worthwhile thing to do; I left and never went back. Same with the 'Winterday' event...spent a couple hours playing 'Toypocolypse', got bored and left. It's unlikely that I'll even take the time to go to the next "celebration". :/

Made 500g just opening divine lucky envelopes so free money you were missing out wo/man.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"GW Noob.6038" said:I went to the Lunar-hog festivities on opening day...I spent about 20 minutes there and didn't find a single worthwhile thing to do; I left and never went back. Same with the 'Winterday' event...spent a couple hours playing 'Toypocolypse', got bored and left. It's unlikely that I'll even take the time to go to the next "celebration". :/

Made 500g just opening divine lucky envelopes so free money you were missing out wo/man.

Yeah, sure you did. ;)

@GW Noob.6038 said:Yeah, sure you did. ;)

Why wouldn't he? The envelopes are a gold gamble and plenty of people make money on them, especially the ones that can open them with 1000%+ MF. Clearly to make that much he had to purchase some from the TP but obviously it worked out for him.

At the risk of indulging your thread hijack, Lunar New Year is a small festival and the main features are the envelopes, a few achievements, and Dragon Ball. But if you couldn't find anything you liked at Wintersday... you're just gonna have to accept that you don't like in-game festivals, or you're a humorless grump. Wintersday is awesome with tons of stuff to do. That said, Toypocalypse is one of the slower things to do, especially if you do it efficiently and let the catas do all the work for you. So maybe try the other activities, vendors, and achievements next time around?

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:I went to the Lunar-hog festivities on opening day...I spent about 20 minutes there and didn't find a single worthwhile thing to do; I left and never went back. Same with the 'Winterday' event...spent a couple hours playing 'Toypocolypse', got bored and left. It's unlikely that I'll even take the time to go to the next "celebration". :/

Yeah, sure you did. ;)

I made about 75 Gold (from Envelopes, and the backpack and a few Minis), no Envelopes bought off the TP; one should probably understand the different parts of the game before pooh-poohing. This isn't the first time.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:Yeah, sure you did. ;)

Why wouldn't he? The envelopes are a gold gamble and plenty of people make money on them, especially the ones that can open them with 1000%+ MF. Clearly to make that much he had to purchase some from the TP but obviously it worked out for him.

At the risk of indulging your thread hijack, Lunar New Year is a small festival and the main features are the envelopes, a few achievements, and Dragon Ball. But if you couldn't find anything you liked at Wintersday... you're just gonna have to accept that you don't like in-game festivals, or you're a humorless grump. Wintersday is awesome with tons of stuff to do. That said, Toypocalypse is one of the slower things to do, especially if you do it efficiently and let the catas do all the work for you. So maybe try the other activities, vendors, and achievements next time around?

Only 902mf boosted but 2 accounts so dubble envelopes.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:I went to the Lunar-hog festivities on opening day...I spent about 20 minutes there and didn't find a single worthwhile thing to do; I left and never went back. Same with the 'Winterday' event...spent a couple hours playing 'Toypocolypse', got bored and left. It's unlikely that I'll even take the time to go to the next "celebration". :/

Yeah, sure you did. ;)

Depends on how many accounts. Players could have earned 3-4G a day per account from buying their daily 16 envelopes and then selling them on the TP. Someone with 30 accounts could have made close to 2800 gold over the course of the festival.

Depending on one’s luck, they could make potentially more from opening them.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:

@"GW Noob.6038" said:Yeah, sure you did. ;)

... you're just gonna have to accept that you don't like in-game festivals

I've always loved in-game festivals in many of the other MMO's that I've played in the past 20 years, or so. Anet's in-game "festivals" are not satisfying to me at all because they're bland and lifeless.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:The Divine Envelopes actually net reliable profit with Silverwastes Magic Find and all boosts possible. I started playing this game during the festival in 2017 with almost no Account MF and always profited when I opened en masse.

I feel like they were worth more that first year, esp at high mf. I didn't keep exact track this year but opening with 950ish mf I very roughly doubled my money. No idea if that is typical. There is probably a thread/drop rate research somewhere . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:The Divine Envelopes actually net reliable profit with Silverwastes Magic Find and all boosts possible. I started playing this game during the festival in 2017 with almost no Account MF and always profited when I opened en masse.

I feel like they were worth more that first year, esp at high mf. I didn't keep exact track this year but opening with 950ish mf I very roughly doubled my money. No idea if that is typical. There is probably a thread/drop rate research somewhere . . .

I used 854 at about the same MF and netted 400-500 profit myself.

There are various videos out there where people open massive numbers of envelopes and calculate the value, which is probably the closest you can get to an ROI estimate. The total value obviously depends hugely on how much you can sell fireworks, food, and the back items for. There's one from last year where the guy opened 10,000 envelopes and calculated that he made a profit of like 530g (since obviously to get that many he had to buy them from the TP). But it basically worked out to be each envelope averaging about 1.45g each (which, surprise surprise, is right where the envelopes usually stabilize during the festival).

So basically if you just open your own envelopes at high MF, you are likely (not guaranteed, since RNG is RNG) to turn a decent profit, especially depending on how patient/risky you are willing to be with the sellable drops. If you buy envelopes the margins are slimmer but you can still profit that way too, obviously.

Archived