World Boss - Shatter - Breakbar

Angelweave.1856

I'm torn on this because I feel like players are responsible for organising themselves and achieving the goal. It's not really up to Anet to make things easier so that everyone can get every achieve. Still, a lot of people inquire about this and it's clearly very difficult to make happen. It may have reached a point where there just isn't sufficient interest for anyone to realistically finish. I guess the response to this thread will be a good indicator of how many interested people are finding it unrealistic to try to complete it. Maybe it should have a poll?

I have been contributing to the wiki's timer (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slay_the_Shatterer), and have lead numerous successful smashes even with pugs, the make or break is whether people will listen

Here are some tip to get smash

• you need as many people (preferably 15+, the more the better, as it compensates for anyone get zapped down) to use glider bombs as possible, as the bombs takes more off the breakbar compare to your class CC skills; only a few class CC skills can put more than a dent on its breakbarBUT!!! glider bombs can be thrown multiple times (2-3 times if you dont get zapped down) while the breakbar is up, but your class CC skill can only be done once during the breakbarif you have cannons, it will help too, but they usually get destroyed, so focus more on dps shatterer and glider bombs
  • glider needs to be in the air and ready to drop bombs as soon as the bar come up, which mean launching about 3-4 seconds ahead of the breakbar appears.i.e. the very first breakbar comes up at 14:12/13, so your gliders should be launching off the pad between 14:15-17
  • the timing of the first crystal spawn phase is VERY critical, as it affects when the next breakbar is, and subsequent crystal phase will be (eta 3mins between each crystal phase)the first crystal phase will appear soon after shatterer's hp drops under 50%, now keep an eye on the timer when the crystal spawns, and use the table in the wiki for your reference of about when the breakbar will appear after the first crystal phase
  • during the crystal phase, you need to break the breakbar of the crystals before they can be damagedbreak up the gliders into 5 groups of 3s and drop bombs on crystals, the crystals will be broken within seconds, and shatterer will barely regen any healthsame as preparing for shatterer's breakbars, gliders needs to standby and ready to drop bombs as soon as crystals are up

NOTE!!! do not press F (Use key) to launch from glider pad, sometimes it will bug out and not get glider bomb skills, so press SPACE bar (Jump key)

Other TIP, Classes to recruit for gliders, any class using weapons with 1200 range, this way they will be as close as possible to the jump pads to be ready for breakbarsto avoid getting zapped out of sky, when a target icon appear on your head (it's quite faint, especially against the dull purple background of the environment, so can be har to see), press V (Dodge button) if have stealth gliding, or hit SPACE twice to close and redeploy glider

DO NOTE at times shatterer will not follow the documented timer, this could be due to server lag, just give up

You can also tell about when the shatterer breakbar will be popping up soon, it's the way it does its breath attack, a bit difficult to explain, but sorta become an instinct thing after you done it so much (was doing it every day after the revamp, but stopped doing after PoF because of the crappy rewards and too busy with my real life tasks, only do it if it daily)

with all the power creeps introduced with PoF, it is literally possible to get the Smash achievement now days with just 1st flight and 1st crystal

I'm fairly stridently opposed to ppl wanting anet to nerf everything -- and anet acquiescing -- but this has been around for so long if there really are ppl who can't get it bc it's no longer being attempted then I'd be fine with them nerfing this one . . .

That is a fairly big if though. The response above indicates ppl are still organizing successful runs at least occasionally. Since anet is the one with the data I'd say leave it to them to determine if it is still being accomplished 'often enough' . . .

@crepuscular.9047 said:

• glider needs to be in the air and ready to drop bombs as soon as the bar come up, which mean launching about 3-4 seconds ahead of the breakbar appears.i.e. the very first breakbar comes up at 14:12/13, so your gliders should be launching off the pad between 14:15-17

I think you mean the other way around - they should launch before the bar appears, not a few seconds after.

@Biff.5312 said:

I think you mean the other way around - they should launch before the bar appears, not a few seconds after.

Timer is a countdown, so yes they should launch at the higher values ;)

@jwaz.1908 said:The real problem is that half the zerg are focusing on the adds for loot instead of the shatterer himself. If they removed loot from the adds like other world bosses then more people would CC during the break bar phase.

the adds needed to be cleared, as leaving too many alive can cause quite a bit of headache

just as @Mackowidz.4629 said, it's an inherent problem with once off achievements that require lots of collaboration between players; once done no one bothers to put in the effortI got Junundu Whisperer left from PoF, the issue is not enough people doing it because there is no good incentive to do it; even when the desolation events daily comes up the place is empty, everyone just do the quick and easy bounties

@Gop.8713 said:I'm fairly stridently opposed to ppl wanting anet to nerf everything -- and anet acquiescing -- but this has been around for so long if there really are ppl who can't get it bc it's no longer being attempted then I'd be fine with them nerfing this one . . .

That is a fairly big if though. The response above indicates ppl are still organizing successful runs at least occasionally. Since anet is the one with the data I'd say leave it to them to determine if it is still being accomplished 'often enough' . . .

i dont see why Anet should change it, it's the best WB revamp they had ever done incorporating new game mechanics

if the boss is overtuned like Teq at a stage where even when an organised map would have very high chance of fail, then yes, they should nerf itatm, Shatterer can be down completely ignoring the breakbar mechanic

real problem is players' behaviours, unless anet throw them a bone, else, there is really no reason for them wanting to go the extra mile

@crepuscular.9047 said:

@Gop.8713 said:I'm fairly stridently opposed to ppl wanting anet to nerf everything -- and anet acquiescing -- but this has been around for so long if there really are ppl who can't get it bc it's no longer being attempted then I'd be fine with them nerfing this one . . .

i dont see why Anet should change it, it's the best WB revamp they had ever done incorporating new game mechanics

if the boss is overtuned like Teq at a stage where even when an organised map would have very high chance of fail, then yes, they should nerf itatm, Shatterer can be down completely ignoring the breakbar mechanic

real problem is players' behaviours, unless anet throw them a bone, else, there is really no reason for them wanting to go the extra mile

Yeah I don't think anyone is talking about nerfing the actual boss, just the requirement for the breakbar cheeve which as you correctly note is irrelevant to the success or failure of the actual event . . .

Archived