QoL Requests 2019

Neural.1824

Things I'd still like to see happen:

1. Anet has proven with the mount and toy selection UI buttons that things like that can be added. I'd still like to see buttons for food and utility selection.
  2. We have outlines in inventory that denote the rarity of items. I'd like to see something similar for map completion, where map zones that are complete are outlined in red or something, so that at a glance I can quickly find zones to mouse over in order to see what their percentage completion is.
  3. Similar to mousing over the trading post UI button in the top left, I'd like to see a quick inventory slot count, instead of having to open the inventory window completely in order to see how many bag slots are still available.
  4. Displaying the level next to the crafting profession on the character select screen would be nice.
  5. The ability to display all current characters in a grid on the selection screen would be beneficial to people who have a lot of alts.
  6. Please fix the movement bug with the flute harvesting tools
  7. Please also fix the chat->map linkage for people in Mistlock, so when someone links a waypoint that clicking on the name properly centers the map over said waypoint.
  8. Find a way to add dye-channels to backpacks so that the glider skins that have backpacks can match.
  9. Make the butterfly back piece into a glider skin.

Last, but not least, a "more than a QoL" request:Please create a universal gobbler that you, Arenanet, can update with Tuesday patches, that consumes large quantities of vendor price materials and spits out less common, and a chance at rare, materials so we can get rid of the surplus of things like Barbed Thorns, Leeks, etc. in exchange for things of more use/value. Set it up like the Gleam of Sentience where there will be four items chosen by your people according to the surplus on the market.

@"Neural.1824" said:Things I'd still like to see happen:

1. Anet has proven with the mount and toy selection UI buttons that things like that can be added. I'd still like to see buttons for food and utility selection.

Mounts and fun stuff are an 'unlock action'.Food is a consumable with charges/piles.I'm not against your idea, but it's not that simple for things that require constant acquisition or crafting.

1. We have outlines in inventory that denote the rarity of items. I'd like to see something similar for map completion, where map zones that are complete are outlined in red or something, so that at a glance I can quickly find zones to mouse over in order to see what their percentage completion is.

You can already hover over names of zones to get detailed information.If you're in the zone, you can hover over the counters to see a sparkle where undiscovered stuff is.

1. Please fix the movement bug with the flute harvesting tools

Please streamline all animations, so that we're no longer forced to use the unbound magic gathering tools.

1. Find a way to add dye-channels to backpacks so that the glider skins that have backpacks can match.

This has been discussed, and deemed impossible, sadly.But I'd live for them to then upload a few colours of every backpack. And for the love of the six DON'T UPLOAD SPECIAL VERSIONS WITHOUT NORMAL VERSIONS, LOOKING AT YOU; DESTROYER WINGS!(yes, anet, I'm still angry about that.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@"Neural.1824" said:Things I'd still like to see happen:

Mounts and fun stuff are an 'unlock action'.Food is a consumable with charges/piles.I'm not against your idea, but it's not that simple for things that require constant acquisition or crafting.I think you may have missed my point there. The UI is capable of handling such things. Take the "special action" key, for example. It has several abilities and states: Shown/not-shown, Active/inactive, it can be shown but not use-able unless out of combat, it can change it's icon based on zone or source, and so on. I don't think there is some internal mechanics to the UI that would prevent them from doing this.
  1. We have outlines in inventory that denote the rarity of items. I'd like to see something similar for map completion, where map zones that are complete are outlined in red or something, so that at a glance I can quickly find zones to mouse over in order to see what their percentage completion is.

You can already hover over names of zones to get detailed information.If you're in the zone, you can hover over the counters to see a sparkle where undiscovered stuff is.Redundancy is not a terminal contagious disease that is going to wipe out half of civilization. And outlining the completed zones makes determinations take a fraction of a second with no mouse and UI interaction involved.
  1. Please fix the movement bug with the flute harvesting tools

Please streamline all animations, so that we're no longer forced to use the unbound magic gathering tools.I'm fine with that also, but the flute harvesting tools are a matter of a gem store item being broken, so I put that as a bit more of a priority.
  1. Find a way to add dye-channels to backpacks so that the glider skins that have backpacks can match.

This has been discussed, and deemed impossible, sadly.But I'd live for them to then upload a few colours of every backpack. And for the love of the six DON'T UPLOAD SPECIAL VERSIONS WITHOUT NORMAL VERSIONS, LOOKING AT YOU; DESTROYER WINGS!(yes, anet, I'm
still angry
about that.that would be a decent compromise. Sell 1 backpack but offer several color options, so you can buy the one you want (no Anet, don't even
think
about the RNG mount license stuff)

Archived