A Gemstore Idea - Chairs

Khorthall.1682

After seeing how novelties like chairs have become quite the trend with releases, I think it'd be nice if not only did we have more ideas of different sitting positions and styles but say to make it something that'd be fun with your friends in game.

Why summon a chair when you can summon .. A couch? Two friends sitting on either side of you free to use. A long bench? A short bench? Loveseats?

And on top of that, why not make it interesting? For instance a Campfire version.. make a little campfire with you on a stool, one friend sitting on a stump and the other leaning back on a boulder all watching a campfire? A Picnic version (Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, this could be a V-day special) with a small picnic set-up? What other ideas? Well..

The War TableA Norn Drinking TableBeach ChairsBar CounterHalloween version seat but with more haystacksSame with the Wintersday version!A game of Polymock (Like Chess)

I mean.. you could argue that this would be a waste of time, but then again we are getting different styles of chairs. I'm a role-player at heart and I'd think it'd be a cool new take for people to still enjoy taking a seat with friends.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Cos the game needs more chairs littered around meta events and maps in general, makes perfect sense. Forget about real meaningful content, lets have more chairs and kites and the like instead.

The chair making devs don't work on the content you're talking about. Without stuff like this there would be less money to make meaningful content.

I would love the idea of multiple seated chairs as you say, but I Believe for it to work the same way chair does, that would also mean being able to develop multiple seated mounts (as the chairs as they are, function as immobile mounts)

Probably an easier version would be to spawn several activable chair items (like kegs, roasted pigs and other such items) set in a predefinite pattern (in a circle for example), that would probably be finicky to use due to the pathing challenge

Archived