[Random Thought] WvW Needs Losers!

DaFishBob.6518

So I had a random thought about WvW. WvW needs people to log in on allied and enemy sides to really reach its full game mode potential. The reason is because allied and enemy forces are supposed to fight each other at times and these fights sometimes go to the death. That means one side will end up winning the battle and the other will end up losing the battle, a group of winners and a group of losers. And to the winners go the spoils: participation level, wxp, loot bags, and maybe a reason to celebrate. To the losers: fill in the blank because I don't know, I doubt the benefits of losing an encounter are all that well known or common. I know that the losers should really take the loss as a reason to get better, but they also have a choice to just not play WvW to its full game mode potential (or at all!). I just wonder if this ever occurred to anyone else as well? To people who complain of lack of fights or activity, or an abundance of people using mobility builds, or gank squads and blobs chasing solo people and small groups. No one really WANTS to lose but someone HAS to lose when someone else wins so these behaviors people complain about just naturally occur.

I just think WvW isn't going to be as fun as it could be when everyone has every reason to not lose at the forefront of their mind because the fact is, someone has to lose, or no one wins. It'd be like a show that can not go on because no one wants to play the character everyone loves to hate. Or the keep lord loading way beneath the map so that the keep cannot be captured. Or a side dominates the entire match to the point there's literally nothing to capture. Apparently that has happened before.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:So I had a random thought about WvW. WvW needs people to log in on allied and enemy sides to really reach its full game mode potential. The reason is because allied and enemy forces are supposed to fight each other at times and these fights sometimes go to the death. That means one side will end up winning the battle and the other will end up losing the battle, a group of winners and a group of losers. And to the winners go the spoils: participation level, wxp, loot bags, and maybe a reason to celebrate. To the losers: fill in the blank because I don't know, I doubt the benefits of losing an encounter are all that well known or common. I know that the losers should really take the loss as a reason to get better, but they also have a choice to just not play WvW to its full game mode potential (or at all!). I just wonder if this ever occurred to anyone else as well? To people who complain of lack of fights or activity, or an abundance of people using mobility builds, or gank squads and blobs chasing solo people and small groups. No one really WANTS to lose but someone HAS to lose when someone else wins so these behaviors people complain about just naturally occur.

I just think WvW isn't going to be as fun as it could be when everyone has every reason to not lose at the forefront of their mind because the fact is, someone has to lose, or no one wins. It'd be like a show that can not go on because no one wants to play the character everyone loves to hate. Or the keep lord loading way beneath the map so that the keep cannot be captured. Or a side dominates the entire match to the point there's literally nothing to capture. Apparently that has happened before.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:Op is from BG

Lul enough said.

A huge text with "You're Winner!", fireworks, fancy explosions and 1g for free when you loose a fight would be great.

Imagine the challenge of actually becoming the first to die?

It would be like pirateshipping, except commanders send forward the backline to bait the bomb so his group doesnt have the damage to accidentally kill enemies by passive procs and everyone has to run blue gear or squad kick.

And thats just zerging. In 1v1 vs for example vs condi mirages you have to time your shots exactly when they evade or you wont get a reflect. How do you bait them into evading and putting condi on you? I dont know! Thats the challenge!

GW2Eff says I get killed approxmately twice in three hours - and no matter if I kill or get killed, get tons of bags and WXP from bashing doors or not, I have a lot of fun playing the game the way I enjoy it most. I enjoy the fighting, the tactics, the thrill of battle. The winning is a bonus, nothing more. You also get pips per 5min of playing, almost no matter what you do as long as you keep your participation up.

Well, dude, sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

As I thought, actually suggesting defeated players get some consolation reward upon defeat would not be well received. That of course is why I did not explicitly suggest anything of the sort. You guys assumed that. That's why I labeled the thread as a [Random Thought]. To provoke thought and discussion.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Little River Band

I don't think that one made the retro wave, grandpa

What you say? I can’t hear ya youngin..

I SAID WHO WOULDA GUESSED ATARI WOULD BE LONG DEAD BUT ACTIVISION WOULD STILL BE CAUSING PROBLEMS AND WHERES MY FLYING CAR ITS 2019

Stop yellin and get off my lawn!!

WvW needs a huge incentive for the two weaker servers to go after the heavier one. Currently a paper tower yields as much reward and is easier to flip than a T3 which leads to farming servers with poor coverage. The second issue WvW has is a near complete lack of rewards. New players have little incentive to even try the game mode. Even worse the rally bot mechanic actively works against welcoming new players into groups.

The fixes are pretty simple (not necessarily easy to code). Hardened defended objectives should have substantial rewards. The strongest server should have bounties placed on their strongest objectives with good rewards for defending and taking those objectives. This encourages the two "weaker" servers to fight the strongest server rather than the other way around. Secondly, there should be substantial drops and meaningful drops from player kills. Items that can only be found in WvW. I suggest a set of runes, sigils, infusions, skins, etc that are some of the best in the game. Lastly rally needs to go. It is an interesting mechanic but it actively works against new or casual players being welcomed into the game mode.

Archived