Rolling Mists

phoenixwil.6071

This is the trait that gives increased effectiveness while under Fury. I like it; however, it can improve due to its internal flaw. That’s right, if you go over 100%, it is wasted. That always bugged me. Rolling Mists isn’t optimized for beneficial gain. While you have Rolling Mists, I propose that whatever is over 100% is added to Critical Damage %. So, if your Critical Chance is 110% and your Critical Damage is 200%, that surplus of 10% is added to 200% to give 210%. A small change but it isn’t wasted.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:All things considered, Rolling Mists is a bad trait. Other classes gain benefits to crit chance baseline as part of minor traits. All Rolling Mists does is increase crit chance by 20%, big deal.

Wanna trade Roiling Mists for No Scope? I'd definetely take 20% increased crit chance over meagerly 150 Ferocity.

It is surely not that bad, but it is pale against similar traits that perform better. Righteous Instincts, anyone? You need an easily obtainable boon in both cases. But RI is vastly superior without any doubt (more than twice the effect AND might generator)So, if RI is considered as balanced, then RM is weak.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@Kain Francois.4328 said:All things considered, Rolling Mists is a bad trait. Other classes gain benefits to crit chance baseline as part of minor traits. All Rolling Mists does is increase crit chance by 20%, big deal.

Wanna trade Roiling Mists for No Scope? I'd definetely take 20% increased crit chance over meagerly 150 Ferocity.

It is surely not that bad, but it is pale against similar traits that perform better. Righteous Instincts, anyone? You need an easily obtainable boon in both cases. But RI is vastly superior without any doubt (more than twice the effect AND might generator)So, if RI is considered as balanced, then RM is weak.

I personally think RI is overtuned and needs to be culled back. 50% crit chance from a boon you can have high uptime on is a bit much. Rolling Mists is fine as a GM and doesn't need to be buffed.

Archived