Warrior BS Condi/ Power Warrior: Would your normal casual static raid group be ok with 10k dmg avg?

mordefelix.5826

Hi so I was having a discussion with a fellow guildie and we disagreed on the point that Raid statics are ok with warrior dps being low. The DPS benchmark bars we used were drastically different to indicate what a static would want. I was thinking more around 14k+ average and my colleague thought that statics would be just fine with 10k average. What's the general consensus on this?

I understand that, and I'm not trying to give a narrow perspective. I've done enough raiding to understand at least that there's very different numbers for heavy mechanics based bosses vs. glorified golems. Gw2raidar's average for all bosses, for which 10k average for either power dps/berserker dps seems pretty low . 14k for 50th percentile on berserker warrior and 11.8k for 50th percentile for power warrior. I'm not omitting contextual issues here... I'm asking if you're a warrior hitting 10k dps on average which is lower than the 50th percentile by a significant percentage, are statics going to be ok with that (a holistic perspective in which you would hypothetically consistently be hitting 10-30th percentile over and over again for every single boss in their respective comparisons to others in GW2raidar? )

That's a question for the specific static not for general forum consensus. In the broad spectrum of static raid groups there are super casual groups that are ok just killing w4 boss 123, in which case getting 10k dps is likely fine. Then theres speed runners which will instakick if you pull 10k. Ask your group what standards they want to uphold as a team. If theres misalignment, have a team discussion to either get on the same page or acknowledge that the group has differing goals and to start looking for a different group.

Fair enough, but would like just literally a direct opinion to my question, which I have not gotten at all. I'm not asking for anything else, you assumed this is a discussion I had with a static member and there's some disagreement with my group, I said guildie member, not my static. They're fine with my dps and I'm hitting above the 50th percentile on wings/bosses I'm comfortable with so you can see why I would be asking this question in disagreement with my guildie. The nature of my question is literally a general consensus question, but I can see how this doesn't seem applicable. I'll rephrase. "Would your normal casual static raid group be ok with a warrior hitting 10k dps average on every pull comparable to GW2 raidar statistics from wing 1-4?"

@"mordefelix.5826" said:Fair enough, but would like just literally a direct opinion to my question, which I have not gotten at all. I'm not asking for anything else, you assumed this is a discussion I had with a static member and there's some disagreement with my group, I said guildie member, not my static. They're fine with my dps and I'm hitting above the 50th percentile on wings/bosses I'm comfortable with so you can see why I would be asking this question in disagreement with my guildie. The nature of my question is literally a general consensus question, but I can see how this doesn't seem applicable. I'll rephrase. "Would your normal casual static raid group be ok with a warrior hitting 10k dps average on every pull comparable to GW2 raidar statistics from wing 1-4?"

Likely yes as long as you're clearing.

@mordefelix.5826 said:Hi so I was having a discussion with a fellow guildie and we disagreed on the point that Raid statics are ok with warrior dps being low. The DPS benchmark bars we used were drastically different to indicate what a static would want. I was thinking more around 14k+ average and my colleague thought that statics would be just fine with 10k average. What's the general consensus on this?

In My group i would expect our Warrior to reach More or less bencmark numbers against golem. In actual Raid scenario its ok If bs does few k less dps than 5th dps class.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@mordefelix.5826 said:Hi so I was having a discussion with a fellow guildie and we disagreed on the point that Raid statics are ok with warrior dps being low. The DPS benchmark bars we used were drastically different to indicate what a static would want. I was thinking more around 14k+ average and my colleague thought that statics would be just fine with 10k average. What's the general consensus on this?

In My group i would expect our Warrior to reach More or less bencmark numbers against golem. In actual Raid scenario its ok If bs does few k less dps than 5th dps class.

This. Maybe not quite benchmark, but definitely 70-80% for medium raid performance.

Not sure why people are throwing around numbers like 10k or 14k, that's highly boss dependent. If you want to compare your performance, go to gw2raidar and check how your performance measures up against specific bosses (or ask for what people consider good dps on a specific boss and get the information that way).

If we are talking general dps, then the only point of reference would be golem dps and performance. Obviously more is better given the golem just stands there. 10k-14k on golem would in this case be absolutely terrible (given warrior benchmarks are 26k-30k depending on power or condi as bannerslave) since that would translate into way less on actual raid bosses (and probably result in an unvoluntary leave). If you can't even get to 80% of golem benchmark on a target which just stands there, your raid performance would be pretty bad.

Archived