What does the path to legendary armor look like?

Zexanima.7851

I'm trying to build a road map to what I need to do to get legendary armor (medium in this case). I've been playing casually on and off for a long time and have decided to go all in on my ranger. I created a new ranger (cause I wanted to change race) got him to 80, unlocked druid and will unlock Soulbeast tonight. I could use some help if filling in what I'm missing.

1. Raiding seems to be the most time efficient way to get legendary, so prepare for that.
  2. Get exotic gear, then get ascended gear from some where?(Should I run druid support or Soulbeast dps for raids?)
  3. Join a raid training guild, learn raids
  4. Start raiding in a raid guild
  5. ????
  6. Legendary?

@Zexanima.7851 said:I'm trying to build a road map to what I need to do to get legendary armor (medium in this case). I've been playing casually on and off for a long time and have decided to go all in on my ranger. I created a new ranger (cause I wanted to change race) got him to 80, unlocked druid and will unlock Soulbeast tonight. I could use some help if filling in what I'm missing.

1. Raiding seems to be the most time efficient way to get legendary, so prepare for that.
  2. Get exotic gear, then get ascended gear from some where?(Should I run druid support or Soulbeast dps for raids?)
  3. Join a raid training guild, learn raids
  4. Start raiding in a raid guild
  5. ????
  6. Legendary?

Step 1: make a gw2efficiency account.Step 2: decide on which legendary armor you want to go for. PvE might be the fastest on paper, but spvp is the least time wise but gated behind pvp seasons and wvw is gated behind a ton of wvw (takes 21-22 weeks). Both spvp and wvw allow a solo approach though to getting the armor while raiding requires a lot of group commitment.Step 3: put in the entire set of legendary items you want in the crafting pageStep 4: make notes of all the account bound items and time gated items you need (Chack Eggs, Provisioner tokens, etc. for the pve one).Step 5: divide time between the different components needed and when you want to farm what

In case of pve, yes joining a raid training guild or at least a raid training discord would be the best and fastest approach. You will also have to complete both collections for legendary armor, but those will in general be doable while you complete the raids. Still might want to make note of what you can do before, and what has to be done in the actual raid.

Full sets of legendary armor cost around 2k gold total (without account bound material cost). So expect to farm some of that (or credit card warrior yourself some gems to gold). Keep all materials as best as possible in a sell able state just so you can recuperate the cost in case you decide to take a break from the goal.

I would recommend to aim for around 6 months for the first full armor set. Less if you have crafted legendaries before and depending on how committed you are to raiding (or spvp/wvw). Spvp will take around 3/4 of a year due to season limitations.

I absolutely love the medium Envoy armor and I wish you the best on your journey. As a raid trainer, I'd recommend starting as a DPS soulbeast; both condi and power builds. Druid has way too many responsibilities to do in raid that it's ill-suited for a total beginner. For your very first set, it only costs 150 insights or a minimum of 12 weeks of raiding. Follow Cyninja's advice for more details to your road map!

Here is my Soul Beast in the Envoy armor mix.PZZKHVy.jpg6NDTMTL.jpg

Get ascended weapon and trinkets + exotic armor at least. (Spec. Collection + knight of the thorn achievment for weapons). I think power soulbeast should be better since you dont need to know fights as in depth as dps.Join training guild/discordFor armor you need gold and 2 precursors. To get first precursor you need to kill every boss in first 3 wings at least once and gorseval multiple times + some open world running. (Check on dulfy the precise actions)Then you get free ascended armor and second collectionFor that you need to craft cristaline hearth (quite costly) and use it to defeat every boss in wing 4 (sometimes additional stuff like not getting hit by certain mechanics but w4 is the easiest a d the only hard boss require just kill) + again some open world running.Then you get second precursor and you need to use it to craft legendary armor. For each piece you need ~250g and 25 legendary insights. You get 1 legendary insight each time you kill a boss in first 4 wings of raids (but only once in a week)

@"Iris Ng.9845" said:I absolutely love the medium Envoy armor and I wish you the best on your journey. As a raid trainer, I'd recommend starting as a DPS soulbeast; both condi and power builds. Druid has way too many responsibilities to do in raid that it's ill-suited for a total beginner. For your very first set, it only costs 150 insights or a minimum of 12 weeks of raiding. Follow Cyninja's advice for more details to your road map!

Here is my Soul Beast in the Envoy armor mix.PZZKHVy.jpg6NDTMTL.jpg

I want that armor so bad. I'm going to get it!

Archived