Would your Guild Participate in 5vs5 Guild ladder

OutOfOrder.3719

Would your Guild participate in a 5vs5 ladder that is completely separate from the current ranked solo/Duo que ladder?

Guild vs Guild 5vs5 would utilize the current PvP template system with Runes and Amulets to make the game easier to balance.

Similar to the Original Guildwars 1 ladder system where Guilds could invite their friends to play with them. Of course only one Guild could be represented and climb the ladder at one time for all players involved.

Unfortunately. I don't think we will ever receive new PvP content with new maps for GvsG 8vs8 or 10vs10.

However, I would love to implement the current Ranked 5vs5 maps for a brand new Guild 5vs5 ladder system.

Honestly, I don't understand why this has not been implemented already. It's in the name of Guild Wars, so let's make it happen!

What would be great about this, is that ANET would not have to develop any new maps to be used. The only concept that would need to be developed is how Guilds participation would work and influence a ladder system to climb and fall.

Would massing games be the best way to keep a top 25 spot, or would the competition that is played matter more.

They just need to bring back the old guild league system for two main reasons:

• Being able to que up with 5 man teams of people we select, allows us to block match manipulations from happening to us.
  • The game mode needs an encouraging reason to meet new people and get along with them. If a guild league required that 5 players register as a guild team to participate, it would naturally sort out much of the social stigma that is killing this game mode. Not even gonna elaborately explain this at the moment, maybe some other time, but it is true.

• 2 weeks later...

AT tournaments are simply not on demand yet, and quite frankly not good enough.

An entire season with a dedicated 5vs5 for Guilds to climb the ladder would at most be a 15-20 minute wait. I can't imagine there being a wait longer than that during peak hours.

But regardless of how long the wait would take, and how imbalanced climbing the ladder could be, that's why it needs to happen from a completely separate ladder from the current solo/Duo que ladder.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:AT tournaments are simply not on demand yet, and quite frankly not good enough.

An entire season with a dedicated 5vs5 for Guilds to climb the ladder would at most be a 15-20 minute wait. I can't imagine there being a wait longer than that during peak hours.

But regardless of how long the wait would take, and how imbalanced climbing the ladder could be, that's why it needs to happen from a completely separate ladder from the current solo/Duo que ladder.

I think you overestimate the amount of people willing to play GvG rather than solo/duo.

• 4 weeks later...

AT's have 20 minute que's. Or at least the 2vs2 tournament did. Players get disconnected and the whole system is buggy.

AT's are not clearly not working as far as popularity goes.

Players have been requesting the option to play 5vs5 with friends outside of Unranked for years.

Having a separate 5vs5 ladder would not require any additional map development. All that would need to be implemented is how the Guild 5vs5 PvP Ladder system would work.

Archived