Need some help choosing between 3 professions!

Hi! I got POF a while back and I filled up my five character slots, all are level 80 except my Warrior.I've played with her for a bit but she just doesn't have that extra flair for me that other professions seem too, so I'm thinking about switching her for a Rev or Necro, or maybe seeing her through to lvl 80. Also, I would be playing the profession on it's POF elite.I don't have a ton of experience with these professions so I would love some advice from you veterans on choosing between a Spellbreaker, Scourge or Renegade based on:

1. How unique the playstyle is, especially compared to the ones I already have (engi, guard, ranger, and mes) and also how involved it can be to play, a bit of complexity is fun :)
  2. How well it preforms in WvW, large scale and roaming
  3. How well it can do in fractals
  4. Overall, how fun it is to play!

Thanks very much for any advice you have to offer!

1. Every class is unique compared to other classes. Among those 3, spellbreaker would be the easiest, scourge maybe just a bit more complex due to bigger amount of skills, while renegade can take some time to get used to energy management.
  2. All 3 work great in zergs, but scourge would be the most useful one (spb and rgd are very situational and you dont need many or any in squad to be effective, but they can be very strong and helpful; if you have herald it would be even better choice than scourge). When it comes to roaming spb is a lot better than the other two, especially in solo roaming.
  3. Spb is strong, but situational, most of the time you'll want core warr because of stronger damage potential. Renegade has strong hybrid (or full support) build which is meta if you have firebrand in party. Scourge is mostly a noob carry since its dps is low, but it's very tanky or it can be played as support and mass rez whole group almost instantly.
  4. Fun is subjective, if you have fun on core class you'll probably like an elite spec, but essentially you can try all 3 eSpecs in pvp lobby.

At the end of the day you dont need one class to do all those tasks, you can have a few (or one) chars for fractals/raids, a few for pvp and a few for wvw. Every class has its ups and downs.

If you got a ranger and guard then warr will not feel unique. Let's be honest, this is a no bells and whistles profession for getting the job done the simple way. So yeah, for some (myself included) boring.

As for the rev and necro, I like both though i don't like their PoF elites. Personal feelings aside I can say few bits about scourge as a necro main:

1. Necro in fractals (scourge) is a very valuable team member (as support). No one comes close to his ressing potential, party barriers are diamonds in fractals with Fraility instability (lower max hp for players), and also good for challenge motes that decrease healing down to 20% (barriers are not affected by it). On top of that being a necro he has easy access to good boonrip (there's a lot of protection to rip off enemies in high tier fracs), and if you slot rune of antitoxin, you'll also have badass condi cleansing with your barriers (assuming you took Abrasive Gift trait). Also as mentioned - he is a necro, it's not that easy to down him and as result he's a reliable healer.

2. In WvW scourge is on the both ends of the stick - solo roaming - suicide. Necro sucks vs longbow rangers and deadeyes (your typical solo roamers). Conversly scourges are the stable of WvW zergs, in groups you're in very high demand.

3. As for fun and uniqueness...well necro is definitely unique. Profession that is focused around soaking up damage rather then avoiding it, and posessing very powerful condition manipulation capabilities. There's a well of depth to a condi necro. Power necro is also defo more fun then you standard power warrior. As for fun - for me - not so much. Necro itself is a mountain of fun for me, i don't main it for no reason. But scourge ....bleh. It feels like shades, shades, and more shades with a necro tacked on them. For that reason i love core (in spvp), i love reaper (in open world), but scourge i roll out only if really needed (like support in fractals). It's practical but to me boring.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:If you got a ranger and guard then warr will not feel unique. Let's be honest, this is a no bells and whistles profession for getting the job done the simple way. So yeah, for some (myself included) boring.

As for the rev and necro, I like both though i don't like their PoF elites. Personal feelings aside I can say few bits about scourge as a necro main:

1. Necro in fractals (scourge) is a very valuable team member (as support). No one comes close to his ressing potential, party barriers are diamonds in fractals with Fraility instability (lower max hp for players), and also good for challenge motes that decrease healing down to 20% (barriers are not affected by it). On top of that being a necro he has easy access to good boonrip (there's a lot of protection to rip off enemies in high tier fracs), and if you slot rune of antitoxin, you'll also have kitten condi cleansing with your barriers (assuming you took Abrasive Gift trait). Also as mentioned - he is a necro, it's not that easy to down him and as result he's a reliable healer.

2. In WvW scourge is on the both ends of the stick - solo roaming - suicide. Necro sucks vs longbow rangers and deadeyes (your typical solo roamers). Conversly scourges are the stable of WvW zergs, in groups you're in very high demand.

3. As for fun and uniqueness...well necro is definitely unique. Profession that is focused around soaking up damage rather then avoiding it, and posessing very powerful condition manipulation capabilities. There's a well of depth to a condi necro. Power necro is also defo more fun then you standard power warrior. As for fun - for me - not so much. Necro itself is a mountain of fun for me, i don't main it for no reason. But scourge ....bleh. It feels like shades, shades, and more shades with a necro tacked on them. For that reason i love core (in spvp), i love reaper (in open world), but scourge i roll out only if really needed (like support in fractals). It's practical but to me boring.

What do you mean a warrior wont feel unique? Spell breaker? Asura warrior? Are you sure? I cannot think of many mmos with action combat with warriors as fun as this game.

Archived