Tempest's Water Overload doesn't leave a water field behind.

Sorry if it's been discussed before.First of all, I don't know whether it's even a bug, as skill's description doesn't mention the field either. But it surely seems strange, as both Fire and Air overloads leave corresponding fields on their completion. And as Tempest seems like a more support-minded e-spec of the Elementalist, one would expect the Water overload to leave the field as well, to boost its support potential. So I thought it may be a bug on design level (i.e. it was planned to be added, but somehow was overlooked). I don't see much reason to omit it deliberately. After all, it's just a field, left by a "skill" with a substantial cooldown, anyway. Shouldn't be that much OP (and Ele as of now is quite far from being OP, comparing to at least some other e-specs)

It was designed as such. two overloads leave a field, and the other two are blast (one has a healing spike at the end, the other is a blast finisher).

overload water is somewhat lacking as when I use it, I hardly heal over the incoming damage during the cast, so if they removed the healing at the end and made it a water field + a blast finisher, I could benefit by further blasting the field.

@Skotlex.7580 said:It was designed as such. two overloads leave a field, and the other two are blast (one has a healing spike at the end, the other is a blast finisher).

overload water is somewhat lacking as when I use it, I hardly heal over the incoming damage during the cast, so if they removed the healing at the end and made it a water field + a blast finisher, I could benefit by further blasting the field.

The final heal is more than 2 times the healing you get from blasting a water field and over 3 times the scaling ... so you would have to burn more cooldowns for less healing. You think Overload Water needs a hefty nerf?

@Khisanth.2948 said:Neither does earthWell, at least Earth doesn't have a field at all. So it seemed really strange to me, that out of the remaining 3 elements, which do have a field, 2 leave the field, and 1 doesn't.

@Skotlex.7580 said:overload water is somewhat lacking as when I use it, I hardly heal over the incoming damage during the castExactly my problem with it lol. It's hardly usable in solo play, even when you play a high mobility setup, like dagger/dagger (my case) and can quickly build up some distance and use it before enemies will reach you again (most of the times, some are quite fast, or have a ranged attack), it's still meh kind of an option, too much hassle to use it. It's a bit more useful in a group, as you can hope to lose agro for a moment and heal everybody and yourself.

@Skotlex.7580 said:so if they removed the healing at the end and made it a water field + a blast finisher, I could benefit by further blasting the field

Don't think substituting it like that would help e-spec in general much, that would be straight nerf to its group potential, due to the fact mentioned above, as final heal still better than what you can get from the field. To make it more usable in solo play, It's either need to leave the field additionally to its current toolset, or leave that field if interrupted midways (so no final heal was done) - in the latter case you would have a choice to either wait till the end, getting much more healing, or do, say, a dodge to evade attacks, interrupting overload before completion, losing the final heal, but still getting the water field you can blast for a bit more healing.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Neither does earthWell, at least Earth doesn't have a field at all. So it seemed really strange to me, that out of the remaining 3 elements, which do have a field, 2 leave the field, and 1 doesn't.

Water doesn't have any field at all either so there is no "at least". Confused about what point you are trying to make there. If you meant AoE then that doesn't make sense for earth since it have AoE stuff going.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@"Khisanth.2948" said:Water doesn't have any field at all either so there is no "at least".

Sorry, what?

So you mean "at least there are no earth fields in the game". Given the context of this thread what you wrote reads more like " at least Earth (overload) doesn't have a field at all".

On the other hand it could easily have a Dark field(for thematic reasons, blindness, sand, dust, etc.) or a smoke field like Murky Water. Dark would be more useful.

Its sad to play a class that is supposed to be all about auras and fields and hardly have access to them. Ele really needs some love..

Overload Water is still useful due to the cleansing, which is our main AoE cleanse next to Healing Rain. But other than that, considering that it is a 100% defensive skill in a game where almost all skills do damage, its very lackluster.

Ill breack this down for you to eat and understand the issue you might be having here. You say we get a field when we use hots ele e spec this is true you do but also its false. When you use Fire you get the fire tornado that is also a fire field this is easy and for air yet that is too a field of air but only a field so airs is more like a glyf then a real field but that is what you are not fully understanding in this way of thinking. When it comes Water its still a field yes but its mainly a groups heal so when you use it you can still get the field afect to proc with it. Now you are about to say so it should give us more healing right and that is a no it now removes condions from you as part of the balance. I can see were you can be misslead by it not saying its a field but yet as you see they all do a field afect as i have stated here. I do hope this helps you see how one can think water has not field on the overcharge but when you get to the nity grity you see that it is thare just not like the others.

Archived