Kitchen troubles - 1st time chef

Gorkus.7496

Right off the bat, Let me just say that know I'm going to end up feeling dumb when this question is answered.

So, I just now started the chef craft for the first time, with a character who is a maxed jeweler. The very first recipe I wanted to try was the first on the list in the wiki, the now infamous Ball of Dough (required rating = 0). 1 Jug of water (bought from the master chef), 1 Bag of Flour (on hand) and 1 Stick of Butter (on hand). Seems easy enough, but I can't do it. The butter and the water are mutually exclusive. When I add one to the crafting screen, the other becomes shaded out. If I force it into the recipe, it still indicates the three ingredients don't form a legitimate recipe. Further, once the jug of water is added, the req. rating on the crafting screen changes to 50. Is the answer simply that the wiki is wrong and the Ball of Dough is not a novice recipe?

You can either learn a food item from a specific recipe you can buy from merchants or discover them by combining different types of ingredients, that is if they fit into a specific recipe that you can find on the wiki and the more you level up your crafting discipline, the more recipes will show up. Regardless of what crafting discipline you want to level, I highly recommend you check gw2crafts.net. It's a great site that you can use to level up any crafting discipline with cooking being the cheapest one and it's usually a discipline used by players to gain a few character levels. Not to mention how useful it is for end game PvE content like high tier fractals and raids.

One thing you'll notice when you hover over the cooking tab, three additional tabs will open up. These are "No hearts", "Top 5 hearts" and "All hearts". This may seem very confusing at first, but what it means is that it gives you three different guides depending if you've completed most, all or none of the hearts or quests. If you haven't completed any of the hearts, it's going to be more expensive, but if you've completed most or all of the hearts, it's going to be a lot cheaper to level up cooking. By having all the hearts completed, you can purchase ingredients from heart merchants at a very low cost of karma. Keep in mind, the ingredients that you may be looking for are named differently. If you're looking for something like apples or lemons, they're called "Apples in Bulk" and "Lemons in Bulk".

Archived